toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Spider-Man is a fan of Atomic Robo.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I recently contacted a representative for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment about future home video releases for The Spectacular Spider-Man, and the response is as follows:

Are there any plans by Sony to release The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete First Season on DVD? Does Sony still have the home video rights for The Spectacular Spider-Man?
    At this time, I'm not sure if there are plans to release the 2nd season and it is not on the slate of our upcoming home entertainment releases. We do still have the rights to Season 1.

Additionally, The Spectacular Spider-Man was recently removed from Netflix - who do I contact with questions about that?
    This I am not sure about. I would try contacting someone over at Netflix for an answer.
    The above responses are also applicable to Blu-ray.

I am currently awaiting a response from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on whether or not they have any home video rights to The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I have yet to receive a response. I am also waiting to hear back from Netflix's press contact. Earlier in the week I asked them if they plan to release any animated Spider-Man content to home video this year and they responded:

We’re always excited to hear from our fans, and appreciate your interest in our Spider-Man releases. Release requests and other inquiries about our Marvel titles can be sent to BVHEinfo@BVHEhelp.com.

While the information given to your friend was correct, and there are no DVD or Blu-ray releases planned at this time, episodes from several different Spider-man series can be found online at Marvel.com, Amazon.com, and the iTunes store.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    Please note that while there are currently no releases planned, that can change. Given that this year is the 50th anniversary of The Amazing Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised to see that acknowledged later this year somehow via a home video release.

More updates to come as they are received.

toonboy53 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering what happened to tssm on netflix. I wonder if it will come back.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    I recently contacted a representative for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment about future home video releases for The Spectacular Spider-Man, and the response is as follows:

The above responses are also applicable to Blu-ray.

I am currently awaiting a response from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on whether or not they have any home video rights to The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I have yet to receive a response. I am also waiting to hear back from Netflix's press contact. Earlier in the week I asked them if they plan to release any animated Spider-Man content to home video this year and they responded:

Please note that while there are currently no releases planned, that can change. Given that this year is the 50th anniversary of The Amazing Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised to see that acknowledged later this year somehow via a home video release.

More updates to come as they are received.
    Wait... So Sony still owns the video release rights to The Spectacular Spider-man Season One, but they don't own the video rights to Season Two?

How is that even possible? Sony already released Season Two in four seperate DVD releases (Volumes 5, 6, 7, and 8)!

I mean, why can't they just reconfigure and re-release them in a Complete Season Two DVD set like they did with Season One?-- Or, even better, put all the episodes from both seasons together into a Complete Series Blu-ray set?

If the rights between Season One and Season Two are now truly split between Sony and Disney/Marvel, I now have reason to fear that we'll never get a proper complete DVD release of Season Two or a Blu-ray release of the complete series. I just really don't understand why Marvel didn't aquire the rights to the full series and why it would even be divided between seasons.

archer9234 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Fan Beyond View Post
    I just really don't understand why Marvel didn't aquire the rights to the full series and why it would even be divided between seasons.
    It's just how rights work. Think of the seasons as two sperate shows. They finished the deal on Season 1 and can do pretty much anything with it. But with season 2, the only deal they setup was those crappy volume sets. Things get screwed up when a new company buys a company that had already rights in other places. If the rights get defaulted between them, and no agreement happens. the show is screwed. It's the same reason why FOX craps out X-Men movies. So the rights don't revert back to marvel. It's worse when Sony gave up the tv show rights but the movie rights we're kept. Both parties must agree.

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by archer9234 View Post
    It's just how rights work. Think of the seasons as two sperate shows. They finished the deal on Season 1 and can do pretty much anything with it. But with season 2, the only deal they setup was those crappy volume sets. Things get screwed up when a new company buys a company that had already rights in other places. If the rights get defaulted between them, and no agreement happens. the show is screwed. It's the same reason why FOX craps out X-Men movies. So the rights don't revert back to marvel. It's worse when Sony gave up the tv show rights but the movie rights we're kept. Both parties must agree.
    Yeah, Fox just crapped out the critically acclaimed X-Men: First Class.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by archer9234 View Post
    Yeah, I can see seperating the TV rights from the movie rights of a particular property, and I can see the TV rights changing hands between companies which would cause one series to end (like Spectacular Spider-Man) and another to begin (like Ultimate Spider-Man), but it's just the whole idea of the release rights of one particular series (Spectaular Spider-Man) being literally broken into two (Sony vs. Disney/Marvel), rather than being shared by two (Sony and Disney/Marvel TOGETHER) or entirely sold from one to the other (as in Sony selling the entire rights to Disney/Marvel).

Hopefully Sony and Disney/Marvel can arrange something for us to get a better complete blu-ray release of the series by the time the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man movie comes out. At this point, though, I doubt it, simply because there's been no movement or information on it thus far. Plus, I think Marvel is more concerned with newer releases, such as the Ulitimate Spider-Man Tv series.

Unfortunately, Marvel's mind-set seems to be to shelf any previous releases of their properties, and focus on the "new" stuff.

I guess we should at least be somewhat appreciative of what we did get of Spectacular Spider-Man on home video, because it's still more than what we got of X-Men: Evolution, which supposedly Marvel did get the complete rights to, but still never even seen the fourth season release of on DVD.

archer9234 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney/Marvel's mind set is bad. While DC is is happily giving fans everything they've made (pretty much every DC hero tv show, animated show, movie). As well as continue supply of new animated movies. But Marvel is like Meh... Why haven't we gotten freaking 90's Spider-Man on DVD already. And consistent bluray support. It's REALLY annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    Yeah, Fox just crapped out the critically acclaimed X-Men: First Class.
    Crapped out as meaning only make a X-Men movie when the rights are almost up. Not at a normal pace...

r0derix is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Fan Beyond View Post
    Yeah, I can see seperating the TV rights from the movie rights of a particular property, and I can see the TV rights changing hands between companies which would cause one series to end (like Spectacular Spider-Man) and another to begin (like Ultimate Spider-Man), but it's just the whole idea of the release rights of one particular series (Spectaular Spider-Man) being literally broken into two (Sony vs. Disney/Marvel), rather than being shared by two (Sony and Disney/Marvel TOGETHER) or entirely sold from one to the other (as in Sony selling the entire rights to Disney/Marvel).
    And from this schism who gets screwed: the fans. A shame. I would really love Season Two in one set on DVD. If it isnt out two years from now, I may have to track down the individual releases of Volumes Five-Eight. I guess since the whole show is technically on DVD I cannot complain, but nonetheless... Welp.

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r0derix View Post
    I guess since the whole show is technically on DVD I cannot complain, but nonetheless... Welp.
    You sure bloody hell CAN complain!

Its free, and kvetching is one of the inalienable rights of fandom!