toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    jph139 is offline Immortal
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    There's also no Hawkeye, no Black Panther, no Ant-Man... I doubt it's anything AGAINST those characters, but the four they do get cover time are the breadwinners at Marvel right now, so it only makes sense they get top billing.

| 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |

RydermanUK is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do any UK fans have any idea which stores are stocking the bargain Clearvision Marvel Triple DVD sets for £3.99 each? (Original Spider-Man, Spider-Man 5000, Incredible Hulk 90s, Fantastic Four 90's, and X-Men)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RydermanUK View Post
    Do any UK fans have any idea which stores are stocking the bargain Clearvision Marvel Triple DVD sets for £3.99 each? (Original Spider-Man, Spider-Man 5000, Incredible Hulk 90s, Fantastic Four 90's, and X-Men)
    I'm not really sure what you mean.

There's a complete Original Spider-Man boxset which is 8 discs (or 8 singles), Spider-Man 5000 is 4 separate single disc releases, The Incredible Hulk is a 2-disc season 1 and 1-disc season 2 (There's a complete Incredible Hulk which is 60's/80's/90's and is 7 discs). The Fantastic Four is 4 single releases (unless you have Liberation's season 1 and season 2) and X-Men is a 12? disc boxset or 12? single releases.

I know CV released 3 individual The Mighty Thor and Captain America releases (not on their site), but I got both 2-disc sets.

If you scroll down, there's a CV release as an HMV bonus disc that has episodes 1 from Spider-Man 5000, &HAF, Spider-Man and Unlimited. Is this what you mean?

http://www.gaminglives.com/forums/sh...ought.../page3

Edited to add... I've seen what you mean on Ebay. I presume it's just the original releases in a new cardboard outer box. Unfortunately the online pictures only show the front so it's hard to tell how thick each set is. Interestingly CV released Iron Man: Armoured Adventures in Germany, but ITV DVD released it in the UK. The one from HMV seems to match CV's older releases (pre Thor/Cap) but has a different title treatment on the spine rather than the comic style they used to use.

I still don't see why CV changed their designs for Thor and Captain America. I assume they still have the rights to Sub-Mariner and The Avengers: United They Stand. Will they release them next year maybe?
    Last edited by tenderheartbear; 08-01-2011 at 01:11 PM.
    Care Bear stare...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderheartbear View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean.
    A number of bargain triple packs have turned up on Ebay, I managed to find a copy of the Incredible Hulk 1990s set (Season 1-part 1, season 1-part 2 (repackaged from the season 1 set) and complete season 2) for £3.99 at my local "Home Bargains" store.

The full list (as far as i can tell) is

Original Spider-Man - season 1
    Original Spider-Man - Season 2
    Spider-Man 5000 - Volumes 1-3
    Fantastic Four - Season 1 parts 1, 2 and Season 2 Part 1
    Incredible Hulk 90's complete
    X-Men - season 1 parts 1, 2 and season 2 part 1
    X-Men - Season 2 Part 2 and season 3 parts 1, 2
    X-Men - Season 3 parts 3, 4 and Season 4 part 1

The several that I have seen Hulk and X-Men are clearly stickered under the shrinkwrap at £3.99

attached is the cover of the Spider-Man 5000 from Ebay

PS I was typing this while you responded THB

I assume they still have the rights to Sub-Mariner and The Avengers: United They Stand. Will they release them next year maybe?
    They have actually already released volumes of Sub-Mariner and Avengers UTS, Three volumes of each with three episodes on each disc, as well as Captain America, Thor and Iron Man (60s and 90s) in the same three episode format, which are turning up in Fopp stores and are available online from HMV at £2.99 each.

I've asked Clearvision for info on facebook about the singles and triple packs but they never respond

Oh, and the triples are 3 standard cases in a slipcase

Hopefully more will turn up in stores because i really don't wan't to pay more for Spidey 5000, because of the botched transfer

Mod Note: Posts merged. There's no need for successive posts when one will do. Thanks!
    Last edited by RydermanUK; 08-01-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Trevor is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just picked up a Marvel release that I didn't even know about. It's called Marvel Knights Animation and it's released by Vivendi. Here's what the set contains:

Astonishing X-Men: Gifted
    The Black Panther
    Iron Man Extremis
    Spider-Woman: Agent of S.W.O.R.D

I don't know the exact release date of this set (the packaging claims that it is the first DVD release of the Spider-Woman comic), and it almost looks like Vivendi sub-licensed the discs from Shout Factory and then Vivendi created the DVD stickers and packaging.

Anyway, I picked it up at Wal-Mart for (before tax) $27, which appears to be even cheaper than getting all the discs indiviually.

rowie4life is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RydermanUK View Post
    A number of bargain triple packs have turned up on Ebay, I managed to find a copy of the Incredible Hulk 1990s set (Season 1-part 1, season 1-part 2 (repackaged from the season 1 set) and complete season 2) for £3.99 at my local "Home Bargains" store.

The full list (as far as i can tell) is

Original Spider-Man - season 1
    Original Spider-Man - Season 2
    Spider-Man 5000 - Volumes 1-3
    Fantastic Four - Season 1 parts 1, 2 and Season 2 Part 1
    Incredible Hulk 90's complete
    X-Men - season 1 parts 1, 2 and season 2 part 1
    X-Men - Season 2 Part 2 and season 3 parts 1, 2
    X-Men - Season 3 parts 3, 4 and Season 4 part 1
    Yeah, my local Home Bargains have all those too, plus single releases of them as well. Pound Stretchers have got series 3 volume 1 and 2 of Original Spider-Man for £2.99 each.

Danzigg is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shout?

Hi noticed while browsing amazon.com they have the 70's Captain America TV movies (st reb brown) releasing 1st nov and this is listed by shout who do the motion comics, i've e-mailed them to ask if they plan to release any of the cartoons from the 80's as well as the live action stuff, if i hear anything will post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a bit off-toic but as animation news is quirt at the moment...

I'm surprised Shout is releasing the Captain America TV movies, I'd have thought that Universal would want to cash in as they were Universal productions and available on MCA/Universal home video (only the first was released in the UK via CIC video, and even then only on rental). It's a shame the Matt Salinger version is MOD as the official UK release it a straight transfer from a VHS tape with no chapter points, features or even a menu.

The inital coverart is terrible, and I'd rather it had been a 2-disc boxset, but I've placed my order regardless as my VHS tapes are starting to look a little worse for wear.

It's a pity there's no further releases lined up on the Clear Vision website. They seem to be doing simple repackages these days and even they're not on the site, it's only through word of mouth on here and flicking through Ebay that uncovers these releases. Even their Avengers and Sub-Mariner releases aren't on the site, hopefully it'll be 2-disc sets next year to cash in on the movie.

Out of interest, has anyone seen the R2 version of Wolverine and the X-Men complete series? I'm wondering if it's a new design or simply the 4 individual titles in a new cardboard box.
    Care Bear stare...

Matty-lad is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Out of interest, has anyone seen the R2 version of Wolverine and the X-Men complete series? I'm wondering if it's a new design or simply the 4 individual titles in a new cardboard box.
    Hey tenderheartbear,

While I don't actually own it, I have found the Wolverine & The X-Men complete dvd on eBay and from the pictures, it's a new design.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wolverine-...item415c1e1959

Take care,
    Matty-lad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    has anyone seen the R2 version of Wolverine and the X-Men complete series? I'm wondering if it's a new design or simply the 4 individual titles in a new cardboard box.
    It's the original 4 discs in 1 standard size DVD case with new cover art, I only have the first two volumes, so I'm torn whether to get the two remaining volumes or just buy the set