toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I can't say I'm optimistic about a second season collection for The Spectacular Spider-Man but I won't be upset if it doesn't happen. I bought the volume releases so I have all the episodes. This post from Jim a few pages back does leave me uneasy.

Are there any plans by Sony to release The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete First Season on DVD? Does Sony still have the home video rights for The Spectacular Spider-Man?
    At this time, I'm not sure if there are plans to release the 2nd season and it is not on the slate of our upcoming home entertainment releases. We do still have the rights to Season 1.
    Additionally, The Spectacular Spider-Man was recently removed from Netflix - who do I contact with questions about that?
    This I am not sure about. I would try contacting someone over at Netflix for an answer.
    The above responses are also applicable to Blu-ray.
    I am currently awaiting a response from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on whether or not they have any home video rights to The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I have yet to receive a response. I am also waiting to hear back from Netflix's press contact. Earlier in the week I asked them if they plan to release any animated Spider-Man content to home video this year and they responded:
    We’re always excited to hear from our fans, and appreciate your interest in our Spider-Man releases. Release requests and other inquiries about our Marvel titles can be sent to BVHEinfo@BVHEhelp.com.

While the information given to your friend was correct, and there are no DVD or Blu-ray releases planned at this time, episodes from several different Spider-man series can be found online at Marvel.com, Amazon.com, and the iTunes store.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us.
    Please note that while there are currently no releases planned, that can change. Given that this year is the 50th anniversary of The Amazing Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised to see that acknowledged later this year somehow via a home video release.
    More updates to come as they are received.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Details and package artwork have been made available to Marvel Animation Age, courtesy of Entertainment One Canada, for the upcoming The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season Blu-ray release. The multi-disc release is set to hit shelves on April 17th, 2012 for the suggested retail price of $39.99. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season is a Canadian-exclusive release, though will be available for order through online retailers and is compatible with all Region A Blu-ray players. Click here for further details on this release.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You win this round Canada .
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Dsneybuf is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read that Australia's Blu-Ray has 1080i picture and DVD-quality sound. Hopefully Canada's BD will best it. (Shame it probably won't have episodes 16-19 in chronological order, though, since I think I found the "minor character point" Josh Fine said made a little bit less sense in the broadcast order.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    I read that Australia's Blu-Ray has 1080i picture and DVD-quality sound. Hopefully Canada's BD will best it. (Shame it probably won't have episodes 16-19 in chronological order, though, since I think I found the "minor character point" Josh Fine said made a little bit less sense in the broadcast order.)
    What's the correct order?

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan93 View Post
    What's the correct order?
    16. The Man Who Stole Tomorrow
    17. Come the Conqueror
    18. The Kang Dynasty
    19. Widow's Sting
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For anyone interested, the 101 Films version of 1992's Captain America is an improvement of the American Pictures version from a few years ago.

It does at least have a menu screen with play and scene select as options. The picture is better (looking like a good VHS transfer rather than a 3rd generation copy like the first release) but sadly yes, it is fullscreen. The coverart too is a great improvement and at least has Matt Salinger on the front rather than a Bowen statue.

It's worth buying even if you have the first version, as long as it's a film that you'll watch more than once. At least I'm no longer ashamed to have the box on my shelf, unlike the original mess.
    Care Bear stare...

Bleak5170 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For anyone in Canada who cares, I just picked up Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Blu-ray at my local Wal-mart, (just outside Ottawa). Price was $29.97.

About to watch it now. I have actually held off on watching a single second of this series in anticipation of the BR, (as I do with pretty much every show).

Quote Originally Posted by Dsneybuf View Post
    I have the Canadian BR in my hands and those episodes are in the correct order, (based on Shadowstar's post).
    Last edited by Rick Jones; 04-07-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Double Posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleak5170 View Post
    For anyone in Canada who cares, I just picked up Earth's Mightiest Heroes on Blu-ray at my local Wal-mart, (just outside Ottawa). Price was $29.97.

About to watch it now. I have actually held off on watching a single second of this series in anticipation of the BR, (as I do with pretty much every show).

I have the Canadian BR in my hands and those episodes are in the correct order, (based on Shadowstar's post).
    How's the quality? 1080p hopefully.

Does anyone know if there'll be a US release for this? I don't want to have to pay extra to import it.

Bleak5170 is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jph139 View Post
    There's also no Hawkeye, no Black Panther, no Ant-Man... I doubt it's anything AGAINST those characters, but the four they do get cover time are the breadwinners at Marvel right now, so it only makes sense they get top billing.
    Actually Ant-Man and wasp are on the spine and Hawkeye and BP get the back of the case.

How's the quality? 1080p hopefully.

Does anyone know if there'll be a US release for this? I don't want to have to pay extra to import it.
    Yup, native 1080p. Only special feature is interviews with the cast and crew. I would bet that the U.S. release gets more special features. Seems to be that was sometimes - we get stuff first but you guys get the better version.

Mod Note: Posts merged. Please use the multi-quote function when replying to multiple posts.

Kirben is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marvel Animation Age added a review of the Blu-Ray releases of The Avengers: Earth' Mightiest Heroes - The Complete First Season in Canada.

I really don't see Disney releasing any cartoon series on Blu-Ray, we barely get any cartoon series released on DVD anymore.

Pepperidge is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Egad, the bilingual text on the cover of this release looks terrible. What were they thinking?
    SITTING on an ATOMIC BOMB - It's just how I feel sometimes.

The best Spectacular Spider-Man tumblr ever: GOOP IN MY HAIR

Aaron is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Aw man!

Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    I recently contacted a representative for Sony Pictures Home Entertainment about future home video releases for The Spectacular Spider-Man, and the response is as follows:

The above responses are also applicable to Blu-ray.

I am currently awaiting a response from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment on whether or not they have any home video rights to The Spectacular Spider-Man, but I have yet to receive a response. I am also waiting to hear back from Netflix's press contact. Earlier in the week I asked them if they plan to release any animated Spider-Man content to home video this year and they responded:

Please note that while there are currently no releases planned, that can change. Given that this year is the 50th anniversary of The Amazing Spider-Man, I wouldn't be surprised to see that acknowledged later this year somehow via a home video release.

More updates to come as they are received.
    Man!
    I really would love some Spidey DVDs! There's the 2 80s shows. The 90s Spider-Man. Spider-Man Unlimited. A complete release of season 2 of TSSM.

I would happily buy all of them the very second they hit the shelf. Heck usually I'm in my local Wal-Mart ('cause it's open 24 hours) waiting for the box to leave the truck. And I've got a copy in hand at the register BEFORE it ever hits the shelf!

Why oh why haven't these shows been released in the US?!

I wish there was some way to get whoever has the rights to these shows to put them out on DVD!

NOT ONLY that.
    But I'd pay good money to finally own the 80s and 90s Hulk shows on DVD, and let's not forget the Silver Surfer animated series!

If there's anything productive I can do (since wishing and hoping isn't going to get me anywhere) to help make this happen, let me know.
    A petition, someone to contact, anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The only productive thing you can do that I can think of is to get a multi-region DVD player and import the UK versions of all the titles you want.

It's not much help I grant you.
    Care Bear stare...

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldn't have any faith in Disney releasing any Spider-Man DVDs. I imagine if they were going to, we would've had the 1990s Avengers and Hulk shows available to tie in with the release of The Avengers movie.

Quite why they refuse to utilise their rights and make a fortune on the Spidey cartoons however, is a mystery I simply cannot fathom.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

khuddle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any clue as to when Season 2 of Avengers:EMH will be released on DVD?

Medinnus is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khuddle View Post
    Any clue as to when Season 2 of Avengers:EMH will be released on DVD?
    With no information, I will imagine 13 episodes would have to be released first, and then we'll see a release - I'm going with October as a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the Candian A:EMH Blu-Ray the other day. Quality is great. The only issue saw was, as with all cartoons in HD, minimal banding in some shots. But that's only upon close inspection and doesn't distract you at all.

RydermanUK is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For any UK fans who were wondering, just found this on Amazon.co.uk

1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
    4.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant but beware the missing episode, 3 May 2012
    By
    P. Draper - See all my reviews
    (REAL NAME)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
    This review is from: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes - Volume 1 - 4 [DVD] (DVD)
    Firstly a warning, this is supposed to contain the 'complete' set of series one episodes, but it does not. Episode 4 'Meet Captain America' is not present on any of the DVDs in this set. It is worth pointing out that none of the individual volumes, when purchased seperately, contain this episode either; although it has been broadcast on television many times before. Also I have noted that this episode is present on the U.S. (NTSC Region 1) volume 1 DVD, which makes it even stranger that it is missing from the UK (European PAL Region 2) volume 1 DVD. If it wasn't for this oversight, I would have given this product five stars.

The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes TV series is a truly brilliant depiction of the Avengers greatest exploits. It contains stories with truly great depictions of everyones favourite Avenger characters, which are portrayed superbly. Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Wasp, Ant Man, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Black Widow, Nick Fury, they are all in there. They are all both believable whilst being reasonably true to the originals. They square of against some of the greatest enemies the Avengers have ever faced. Hydra, AIM, The Masters of Evil, Kang The Conquerer, Ultron, Loki, and many more, get the full treatment with some incredible story arcs that overlap and intertwine throughout the series. The animation is very well done and has a modern high end feel to it (not CGI thank god), and the acting is spot on.

With regards to the DVD product itself, it is very basic. It is just four DVDs in a DVD case. The case itself is not great, because the DVDs overlap, which makes it fidly to get them in and out. It is far from the best design I have seen when it comes to squeezing four DVDs into a single case. It could also really do with an inlay, or at the least something that tells you which episodes are on which DVD. So if there were marks for presentation they would be very low. Frankly it is very disappointing to see the lack of effort that has gone into the product considering how great the content is.

Overall if you are a fan of the Marvel Universe or The Avengers in particular, this is a must own product, it really does not get any better than this. The Avengers movie is utterly awesome (I have seen it already), and this series is awesome too with a lot more content than the movie (at least 9 hours worth here). Help other customers find the most helpful reviews
    Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

Report abuse| Permalink
    Comment Comment

Danzigg is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I was a bit annoyed as I had just bought this and missing the episode to me was false advertising seeing as how it was billed as the complete first series. So I emailed help@disney.co.uk and received a very nice e-mail see below

BUA0175601. Unfortunately an error was made on the screen menu with this
    DVD that was not detected in our QC checks. The episode to which you
    refer was not made available for release in the UK, however, due to
    human error the master menus supplied for this release were not adjusted
    to reflect this. We always make our best endeavours to ensure we are as
    accurate as possible although unfortunately sometimes our standards do
    fall short. We are in the process of correcting this mistake.

I have responded If a corrected version is due for release and will it be possible to send this back to be exchanged, and are there any plans to possibly release this on Blu ray so far no news must say though I was not bowled over by the DVD no insert or episode listing and the picture was no great but I'm used to Blu rays and HD so it's been a while since I watched a DVD great value though.

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast