toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  
Loading

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 501
  1. #141
    AlgeaX's Avatar
    AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Underwater Lair
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by RONDC20 View Post
    Ok I stand corrected. Though it seems to me that Spider-Man has always managed to walk that fine line. Spider-Man never got too angsty, but I suppose that's due to his witty quips as he fights villains.
    Just a quick question but have you ever actually read Runaways? I understand completely if you gave the book a try and didn't find it to your tastes. But based on your last couple of posts you seem to be basing your opinions on assumptions and guesswork rather them facts and real experience. My knowledge of the Runaways is pretty much confined to reading their wiki page and I don't know how anyone even casually familiar with the title would think it's a mutant book.

    I'm not trying to shell Runaways on you or convince you it's really a masterpiece that you should give a second chance. I'm just saying if you want to share your opinions on comics, books, tv shows or whatever, people will give your opinions far more weight if you focus on things you've actually seen or read.

  2. #142
    Callonme is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After learning that the micro-episodes were actually chopped up versions of the first five episodes, I stopped watching them so I could enjoy the full versions for the first time. I have bought the iTunes season pass and was wondering if anyone knew if the first five episodes will be put up in addition to the rest of the season? Also is the first season still 26 episodes or is it 26 + 5 (31)?

    Thanks!

  3. #143
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callonme View Post
    After learning that the micro-episodes were actually chopped up versions of the first five episodes, I stopped watching them so I could enjoy the full versions for the first time.
    I don't know where you learned that, but it is completely untrue. The micro-episodes are NOT just the first five episodes that will be aired of the show chopped up into bite-sized pieces, but full-fledged mini-scaled episodes focusing on individual members of the Avengers leading up to the tomorrow's two-part premiere.

    I also don't think that the mini-episodes are counted in the 26 episodes of season 1. It means we're getting 31 episodes worth of stuff in season 1 once you count them. You should be able to download 4 of the micro-episodes from iTunes now.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  4. #144
    Josh_Fine's Avatar
    Josh_Fine is offline Producer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey All,

    I'll sound in here, since I've seen lots of different ways of numbering and breaking down the micros. The truth is that everyone has been sort of right. The micros were designed as a way to capture that feeling from the comics in Avengers #1 (and now from the live action films as well) that you are seeing Super Heroes with established worlds and adventures of their own embarking on a Super Hero team-up of epic proportions.

    We designed them to be modular so that they could be broken apart or combined in a number of different ways. They do count as 5 episodes out of the 26 episodes in the first season. But the premiere tomorrow night (at 8:30 / 7:30 C on Disney XD) will be of the two part premiere episode 'Breakout' which hasn't been released yet outside of conventions.

    For those that are curioius, the official series numbering looks like this:

    Episode 001 'Iron Man is Born!'
    -001a - 'Iron Man is Born!'
    -001b - 'Hydra Lives!'
    -001c - 'Behold the Mandroids!'
    -001d - 'Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD'

    Episode 002 'Thor the Mighty'
    -002a - 'Thor the Mighty'
    -002b - 'The Siege of Asgard'
    -002c - 'My Brother, My Enemy'
    -002d - 'The Isle of Silence'

    Episode 003 'Hulk Versus the World'
    -003a - 'The Coming of the Hulk'
    -003b - 'Hulk Versus the World'
    -003c - 'This Monster, This Hero'
    -003d - 'Beware the Widow's Bite!'

    Episode 004 'Meet Captain America'
    -004a - 'Meet Captain America'
    -004b - 'The Red Skull Strikes'
    -004c - 'If This Be Doomsday!'
    -004d - 'Lo, There Shall Come a Conqueror'

    Episode 005 'The Man in the Ant Hill'
    -005a - 'The Man in the Ant Hill'
    -005b - 'Enter the Whirlwind'
    -005c - 'The Big House'
    -005d - 'Welcome to Wakanda'

    For the initial roll-out we wanted to give everyone a taste of a different hero each day, without making you wait too long to see the resolution of any one storyline. For future re-runs, they'll be combined into the full episodes as listed above. Tomorrow night we'll all get to see episode 006 'Breakout Part One' and episode 007 'Breakout Part Two' which are what I refer to as the 'true pilot' for the show.

    As for the question about iTunes--the last information that I was privy to had episodes 001-005 releasing at the same time as 006 & 007, which is this Thursday.

    Hope that is helpful to everyone. Enjoy the show!

    Best,
    Josh Fine
    Supervising Producer

  5. #145
    Ed Liu's Avatar
    Ed Liu is online now Come to our macaroni party
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Princeton Jct, NJ
    Posts
    6,055
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Fine View Post
    For the initial roll-out we wanted to give everyone a taste of a different hero each day, without making you wait too long to see the resolution of any one storyline. For future re-runs, they'll be combined into the full episodes as listed above. Tomorrow night we'll all get to see episode 006 'Breakout Part One' and episode 007 'Breakout Part Two' which are what I refer to as the 'true pilot' for the show.
    ...

    Oh, come on, tell the truth. You just set them up this way to confuse the heck out of us.

    Thanks for the clarification (and the note about iTunes). They only have 4 single micro-episodes plus a trailer downloadable for free now. I assume on Thursday, the micro-eps will be combined as above to form episodes that will come with a price tag (be included in the season pass), so any going that route will get seven full episodes of the show in one day.

    Since the micro-eps are part of the first 26 episodes, I think this also answers my lingering (but unasked) question about how the micro-eps would be presented on the inevitable DVD release. I think that does mean disc 1 will be a whopper of a release unless they break up the premiere ep ("Breakout Pts. 1 and 2", or 006 and 007), but we'll see.
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

    "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings

  6. #146
    suss2it's Avatar
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Marvel put a new trailer.

    So it looks like the final team may be Iron Man, Thor, Ant-Man/Giant-Man, Wasp, Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye and possibly Black Panther.

    Didn't see any Black Widow in there so I'm guessing she's not gonna be a part of the team, at least for now.

  7. #147
    redlion is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like Mocking bird is going to make an appearance with the team as well.

  8. #148
    suss2it's Avatar
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redlion View Post
    Looks like Mocking bird is going to make an appearance with the team as well.
    Yeah makes sense, she was already in one of the micros.

  9. #149
    .c.h.r.i.s.'s Avatar
    .c.h.r.i.s. is offline Iron Man Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How they did the micros reminds me more of a comic book, focusing on one character for a few pages and then alternating to someone else. I liked it!
    Last edited by .c.h.r.i.s.; 10-19-2010 at 11:09 PM.

  10. #150
    .c.h.r.i.s.'s Avatar
    .c.h.r.i.s. is offline Iron Man Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    New Trailer:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjkUWT4QIe0




    at 0:02 - I'm assuming the purple guy surging with energy is going to be Wonder Man?



    at 0:12 - looks like mocking bird!

  11. #151
    suss2it's Avatar
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .c.h.r.i.s. View Post
    at 0:02 - I'm assuming the purple guy surging with energy is going to be Wonder Man?
    I have no idea who these guys are, can someone name em?

  12. #152
    M.O.D.O.K.'s Avatar
    M.O.D.O.K. is offline Scientist Supreme
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Advanced Idea Mechanics
    Posts
    2,568
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I have no idea who these guys are, can someone name em?
    The center two are the Abomination (a Hulk villain) and Baron Zemo (Captain America bad guy). Not sure if the purple creature is Wonder Man or not, and I can't identify the robot guy.
    "Aaah...your screams are like music to my ears" - MODOK

    Now with comes with a tumblr blog.

    Latest entry: TSSM's Eddie Brock: A Nice Guy or a "Nice Guy"?

  13. #153
    suss2it's Avatar
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    5,543
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.A.V.E. View Post
    The center two are the Abomination (a Hulk villain) and Baron Zemo (Captain America bad guy). Not sure if the purple creature is Wonder Man or not, and I can't identify the robot guy.
    Thanks. I remember the Abomination from The Incredible Hulk movie didn't know he was actually green, I thought he was grey just like in the movie.

  14. #154
    jph139's Avatar
    jph139 is offline Immortal
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,766
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could the guy on the far left be Crimson Dynamo, maybe?

    | 3/17/97 - 9/20/08 5/26/12 |


  15. #155
    .c.h.r.i.s.'s Avatar
    .c.h.r.i.s. is offline Iron Man Fanatic
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jph139 View Post
    Could the guy on the far left be Crimson Dynamo, maybe?
    I believe it is supposed to be Dynamo, yes.

  16. #156
    Mad Hatter is offline O Frabjous Day!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    372
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Baron Zemo, and I'm fairly certain that the purple figure is X-Ray of the U-Foes. He's already appeared, and that's his true form in the comics.

    On the DC Animation Forum, I'm making a character count thread starting on the premiere. I think I'll do that here too for this series.

    EDIT: In retrospect, that might be Wonder Man. Well, it's one of them, that's for sure.
    "A lonely wretch named Jervis Tetch."
    "In Wonderland, the Mad Hatter reigns supreme!" - Mad as a Hatter

    Thor on May 6th, 2011!
    Green Lantern on June 17th, 2011!
    Captain America: The First Avenger on July 22nd, 2010!

  17. #157
    AlgeaX's Avatar
    AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Underwater Lair
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .c.h.r.i.s. View Post
    Since Zemo's there I'm wondering if this is going to be the Masters of Evil line-up?

    EDIT: Sorry for the doubling up like this, but I just noticed that the robot coming out of the ground near the begining seems to be a Kree Sentry. Looks like we might be seeing the Kree-Skrull war somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by AlgeaX; 10-20-2010 at 06:30 PM.

  18. #158
    Callonme is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Fine View Post
    Hey All,

    I'll sound in here, since I've seen lots of different ways of numbering and breaking down the micros. The truth is that everyone has been sort of right. The micros were designed as a way to capture that feeling from the comics in Avengers #1 (and now from the live action films as well) that you are seeing Super Heroes with established worlds and adventures of their own embarking on a Super Hero team-up of epic proportions.

    We designed them to be modular so that they could be broken apart or combined in a number of different ways. They do count as 5 episodes out of the 26 episodes in the first season. But the premiere tomorrow night (at 8:30 / 7:30 C on Disney XD) will be of the two part premiere episode 'Breakout' which hasn't been released yet outside of conventions.

    For those that are curioius, the official series numbering looks like this:

    Episode 001 'Iron Man is Born!'
    -001a - 'Iron Man is Born!'
    -001b - 'Hydra Lives!'
    -001c - 'Behold the Mandroids!'
    -001d - 'Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD'

    Episode 002 'Thor the Mighty'
    -002a - 'Thor the Mighty'
    -002b - 'The Siege of Asgard'
    -002c - 'My Brother, My Enemy'
    -002d - 'The Isle of Silence'

    Episode 003 'Hulk Versus the World'
    -003a - 'The Coming of the Hulk'
    -003b - 'Hulk Versus the World'
    -003c - 'This Monster, This Hero'
    -003d - 'Beware the Widow's Bite!'

    Episode 004 'Meet Captain America'
    -004a - 'Meet Captain America'
    -004b - 'The Red Skull Strikes'
    -004c - 'If This Be Doomsday!'
    -004d - 'Lo, There Shall Come a Conqueror'

    Episode 005 'The Man in the Ant Hill'
    -005a - 'The Man in the Ant Hill'
    -005b - 'Enter the Whirlwind'
    -005c - 'The Big House'
    -005d - 'Welcome to Wakanda'

    For the initial roll-out we wanted to give everyone a taste of a different hero each day, without making you wait too long to see the resolution of any one storyline. For future re-runs, they'll be combined into the full episodes as listed above. Tomorrow night we'll all get to see episode 006 'Breakout Part One' and episode 007 'Breakout Part Two' which are what I refer to as the 'true pilot' for the show.

    As for the question about iTunes--the last information that I was privy to had episodes 001-005 releasing at the same time as 006 & 007, which is this Thursday.

    Hope that is helpful to everyone. Enjoy the show!

    Best,
    Josh Fine
    Supervising Producer
    Thank you so much, sir! I am very excited to get a mighty serving of Avengers tomorrow. And wow, those sample episodes look great on iTunes HD!

    Keep up the great work!

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I have no idea who these guys are, can someone name em?

    Baron Zemo, Crimson Dynamo, Abomination and Wonder Man.

  20. #160
    dmxx116's Avatar
    dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,320
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Should I buy the season pass $29.99 right now of buy the the episode by them self off of iTunes what the best deal.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO