toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment On This Episode!

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

3 20.00%
  • ****1/2

4 26.67%

5 33.33%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

1 6.67%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

1 6.67%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iron Man: Armored Adventures "Secrets and Lies" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    An all-new episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures debuts tonight at 7pm (ET) on Nicktoons Network!

Episode 3 "Secrets and Lies"
    Original Airdate - Friday, May 1st, 2009
    The Mandarin believes Tony can find the missing Makluan Rings, so he reverts back to his true identity, sixteen year old Gene Khan, to get close to Tony. After enrolling at Tony’s school, Tony, Gene, and Pepper are taken hostage by Maggia henchmen in effort to undermine The Mandarin and his Tong triad. Tony and Gene must both survive and protect their respective secret identities as Iron Man and the Mandarin.

Comments?

Rick Jones is online now Trickin' N Treatin'
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoy this episode, I can't really tell why either. I guess it must be all the secrets and lies, like the title says.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Jacob is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight's new episode was great. I really really like this series. I thought "Secrets & Lies" was much better than "Iron, Forged in Fire" (although I did like that episode too). I like this show as much as Wolverine and the X-Men. The writing in this show is amazing. 10/10.

Can't wait for next week!!!

Gokou Ruri is offline Wielder of the dark arts.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the interaction between Tony and Gene, and I find Pepper to be pretty likable/adorable, actually. Don't read comics, so no idea who those two guys or the gang are, but they seemed interesting enough; especially the last scene with Gene 'interrogating' them. Gene can switch between friendly and sadistic pretty well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I still wish the show slowly had Gene over throw his Step Father and become the Mandarin I can deal with it I guess. Now a bad episode. Yeah Gene is a pretty interesting villain.

And this episode was a nice set up for Count Neferia to show up later.

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The episode was okay, I guess.

I just hope that this show doesn't start drifting into soap opera territory (just like all the other post-1992 X-Men Marvel Comics shows...). By that, I refer to making it look like it will reach some kind of conclusion only to give us some plot device created to enable the show "to be continued" and maintain the status quo. The show should either end completely, or end with the current story arc (you know, when it gets to that). I'm hoping this show doesn't resort to petty writing tricks just to get us to keep watching the show.

With that said, I look forward to the next episode.

Really though, I'm sorry about the rant, but it was quicker than making a separate thread about it. Also, I don't usually post in the Marvel Comics forum, but I think this show has possibilities.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

maczero is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marn Hierogryph View Post
    I liked the interaction between Tony and Gene, and I find Pepper to be pretty likable/adorable, actually. Don't read comics, so no idea who those two guys or the gang are, but they seemed interesting enough; especially the last scene with Gene 'interrogating' them. Gene can switch between friendly and sadistic pretty well.
    The two super-villians were Unicorn and Killer Shrike. Their comic book incarnations aren't as "teched out" though. Speaking of which I love their updated looks. The "gang" was the "Maggia". Marvel's version of the Mafia. I don't know why they needed to change the name. Does the Mafia have the name trademarked?

As for this episode, I really enjoyed it. In fact, I'll even say that it's made me a fan of the series. Characterization was great, the redesigns worked (well except for Tony), and the action scenes were well done.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at realtorva@verizon.net

BCI Guy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think I'm done.

I've grown bored through all 4 episodes, I don't like any of the characters and I hate the look of the show.

No real reason for me to keep watching. Bummer. I was hoping for so much more.

satam55 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think I'm done.

I've grown bored through all 4 episodes, I don't like any of the characters and I hate the look of the show.

No real reason for me to keep watching. Bummer. I was hoping for so much more.

I agree, I've watched the 1st 3 episodes and I'm about ready to give up on this show. This show makes the plot for X-Men Evolution sound like a perfect idea.

I have no Idea why they feel they needed to make Tony Stark/Iron Man and his supporting characters high school teenagers. The adult version in the comics were already interesting, so the Idea for this show is stupid and 100000000000000000000000000X worse than the idea for X-Men Evolution.

I also don't care for 3D/CGI animated shows, I prefer regular 2d animation. So this just adds another negative for this show.

The revamped 2nd season of 90's Iron Man is WAY better than this show.
    Last edited by satam55; 05-03-2009 at 02:13 AM.

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    As for this episode, I really enjoyed it. In fact, I'll even say that it's made me a fan of the series. Characterization was great, the redesigns worked (well except for Tony), and the action scenes were well done.
    The exact same thing happened to me after I saw this episode. If you think this episode was good, wait till you see next weeks episode, it was even better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast