toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always bet on black

45 66.18%
  • **** 1/2

11 16.18%

9 13.24%
  • *** 1/2

2 2.94%

0 0%
  • ** 1/2

0 0%

1 1.47%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • Send the bugger back!

0 0%
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
    ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by GregX View Post
    We just had Halloween in episode nine.
    Yeah, and didn't episode 1 feature him enrolling in high school in September? That means the first nine episodes take place within the space of two months!
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

W.C.Reaf is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStar View Post
    Yeah, and didn't episode 1 feature him enrolling in high school in September? That means the first nine episodes take place within the space of two months!
    The first ep had him starting his junior year of High School, and at the end of season 5 (ep 65) we'll see him graduate.

What's wrong with a season being just over 3 months? The entire 4 seasons of Ben 10 take place in one summer. Heck the first 3 seasons of X-Men Evolution look like they are one high school year.

spidl is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There something about mixing all these characters together all at once that bothers the comic geek in me. It seems like it is too soon to introduce the black suit with all these other plot lines hanging out there.

That being said it is nice to see them make the older villains a larger part of Spidey's world. Having them all have a history with Spidey before they don masks themselves helps to explain why some of them or so fixated with them. It also establishes some of Spidey's early rogues as what they are crooks who put on the mask to have a chance at beating Spidey.

Some one mentioned it early, but the reason the Spider sense never went off when the symboite jumped on his leg is because the symbiote is immune to the Spidey sense power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spidl View Post
    Some one mentioned it early, but the reason the Spider sense never went off when the symboite jumped on his leg is because the symbiote is immune to the Spidey sense power.
    Yes but it only got the immunity because it had bonded slight to him. The reason he didn't notice is probably due to the fact that his Spider Sense was already going off due to his fight with Black Cat. Or that it's not trying to hurt him.

ShadowStar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post
    The first ep had him starting his junior year of High School, and at the end of season 5 (ep 65) we'll see him graduate.

What's wrong with a season being just over 3 months? The entire 4 seasons of Ben 10 take place in one summer. Heck the first 3 seasons of X-Men Evolution look like they are one high school year.
    There's nothing wrong with it, but I had assumed that each season was representing a new year of high school (how many years is high school in the US, anyway? ), which would mean that we miss out on the spring and summer seasons of his first year.
    "Are you the dreamer or merely part of someone's dream?" - The Mad Hatter.
    B:TAS - Perchance to Dream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post

Actually season one of Evo was Scott and Jean's Junior Year, season two and three was their senior year.

Anyway i have no problem with the 13 episodes = three months, since well thats pretty much a throwback to how Marvel Comics were back them. Every issue was a month apart since back in the sixties marvel had their comics take place in real time. One can say Greg and co are doing the same thing in a sense with Spectacular, every episode is a week after the one before give or take.

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...another good episode..
    ...glad to see the seeds for Tinkerer and Mysterio are being laid out..

....curious, though--

on the yacht, the Cat seemingly hoisted both Beck and Mason, one in each arm!! uh, is this the already-"enhanced" black cat?

...well, I hope the black suit lasts for a good while, but of course it won't.. whenever Venom shows up, I have mixed feelings.. despite being grossly mistaken about Pete's intentions, it seems like he's being set up to be "corrupted" by the suit.. the original 616 Brock was clearly a mentally disturbed jerk before the costume found him..

I hope this "venom" isn't turned into a sympathetic "hero" (who still wants to kill Spidey-- some hero) as the series goes on..
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 05-19-2008 at 02:23 PM.
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

Captain Highwind is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    on the yacht, the Cat seemingly hoisted both Beck and Mason, one in each arm!! uh, is this the already-"enhanced" black cat?
    She was doing a good job of keeping up with symbiote Spidey...

Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad to see Quentin in his classic "Mr.Spock"(from Star Treck) look instead of his version of tas with the long yellow hair.
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised
    I like Tobey Maguire more than Andrew Garfield in the role of Spider-Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    ...well, I hope the black suit lasts for a good while, but of course it won't.. whenever Venom shows up, I have mixed feelings.. despite being grossly mistaken about Pete's intentions, it seems like he's being set up to be "corrupted" by the suit.. the original 616 Brock was clearly a mentally disturbed jerk before the costume found him..
    It's going to last till ep 13 when it goes on Eddie.

I don't see why it has to last so long. I mean the suit is supposed to mess with his personality in this so it makes less sense that he'd have it for a long time.