toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Always bet on black

45 66.18%
  • **** 1/2

11 16.18%

9 13.24%
  • *** 1/2

2 2.94%

0 0%
  • ** 1/2

0 0%

1 1.47%
  • * 1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
  • Send the bugger back!

0 0%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Nice to see both the Chameleon and Blackcat in this episode also the pre-Mysterio and the Tinkerer. Just love the chemistry between Spider-Man and Blackcat, if she wasn't a thief they both do a great couple team.

Like how the Chameleon was introduce where he disguise himself as Doc Connors and comes up with a plan on being Spider-Man with the help of his(Beck and the Tinkerer) which was cool since they can pull something similar on what Spidey does also nice on showing how the Chameleon even tho he disguise himself his height and body type reveal he's the impostor, makes you wonder if they had plans where the Chameleon will change into anybody he wants if they gave him something(probably Miles giving him something for that like Kraven)

Nice touch they where going with the symbiote where it first starts as Spidey's normal costume till it changes making the webs disappears little by little and the spider logo turns into the Venom logo we all know.

I like how Captain Stacy is suspicious on why Spider-Man turn into crime also by looking at him he sees that his taller then the Spider-Man he knows and that's what i like about Captain Stacy in this version, aside of being a supporter of Spider-Man's good deeds he's good on noticing things which it makes sense that in season 2 there's a hint that Captain Stacy knows who's Spider-Man.

The ending was good where we the Chameleon escapes and Spider was about to tell about the symbiote till it told him why should he and think of what he can do with his new powers. The scene with Blackcat was great, showing on what it seems that she likes Spidey till we see she got what she wanted tho it can be both and leaving him hanging....literally lol.

Next episode, The Sinister Six!!!
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

W.C.Reaf is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    Like how the Chameleon was introduce where he disguise himself as Doc Connors and comes up with a plan on being Spider-Man with the help of his(Beck and the Tinkerer) which was cool since they can pull something similar on what Spidey does also nice on showing how the Chameleon even tho he disguise himself his height and body type reveal he's the impostor, makes you wonder if they had plans where the Chameleon will change into anybody he wants if they gave him something(probably Miles giving him something for that like Kraven)
    I doubt they would've done that, it wouldn't fit the show. More than likely if they were to give him an upgrade it'd be the hologram projector belt from the comics.

I really liked that they made a Chameleon-Spider-Man model rather than just reusing the regular Spidey model, like other shows have done for imposter stories. It also makes sense that no one would really notice since not many average Joes have seen Spidey up close. They wouldn't know how tall he was, or if his powers were real or just gadgets.
    The Reaf Debrief My site for my reviews and articles of comics, cartoons, and riffing on nostalgia.
    Currently up:
    Captain America: Winter Soldier Review
    Repercussions of Captain America: Winter Soldier

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.C.Reaf View Post

I really liked that they made a Chameleon-Spider-Man model rather than just reusing the regular Spidey model, like other shows have done for imposter stories. It also makes sense that no one would really notice since not many average Joes have seen Spidey up close. They wouldn't know how tall he was, or if his powers were real or just gadgets.
    True on that tho there are so few ones i remember, most of them where shape sifters
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One thing I noticed when recently rewarding this episode... the animation and shading is beautiful. Even the tricky all black suit Spider-Man didn't pop.

I also appreciated the Chameleon Spidey suit looking slightly different from the normal red and blue suit, but not noticeably fake enough not to fool people. Digged the 'insect early warning senses' line too.

Another great episode from the show.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I thought that this was a pretty good episode. I also liked how the Chameleon Spider-Man looking a tad different from the usual suit, but not enough to be obvious fake either. It worked when most people probably had only seen Spider-Man swinging off of buildings or in the newspaper, so they wouldn't notice small details like his height. I would have thought that using gadget would have been a tip-off though, but I could see people not knowing if Spider-Man's powers were real or just powered by gadgets. The "insect early warning system" line was hilarious.

Spider-Man experiencing the new increased in his power from the alien provided good setup for it slowly taking over his mind. I liked Shadow Cat's voice and design, but other than that, she didn't quite do much for me. Leaving Spider-Man hanging like that after she got the necklace did make for a good ending and I couldn't help but laugh at how Spider-Man acted all surprised about her feelings when it seemed obvious that she was flirting with him. Although, maybe he thought that it was just villainous banter. Overall, it was a pretty good episode.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10