toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Official "The Spectacular Spider-Man" News & Rumor Thread (Possible Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Curious to see what the new animated Spider-Man series will be like? Check out this thread for all the latest news and updates on the newest animated incarnation of everyone's favorite Web-Slinger! The Spectacular Spider-Man debuts in 2008!

Update: June 22nd, 2007
    -Hi-Res The Spectacular Spider-Man Promo Image (Post #482)

Previous Update(s):
    -Keaton Confirms He's The Spectacular Spider-Man (Post #467)
    -The Spectacular Spider-Man Promo Image (Post #448)
    -The Spectacular Spider-Man Press Release (Post #434)
    -New "Spider-Man" Series renamed The Spectacular Spider-Man (Post #412)
    -Press Release: New "Spider-Man" Series on Kids' WB! In Early 2008 (Post #140)
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

S.C.B is offline Too close.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they take it in a different direction, essentially being what X-Men: Evolution is to X-Men: The Animated Series. Spidey has been re-imagined so many times, it's going to be difficult to come up with a spin that's unique.

Shantosh9500 is offline Michael Jackson is RETURNING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As long as its not connected to the movies, faithful to the comics and NOT 3-D its fine with me. Don't ask me why but i'm predicting that this new series would be Anime-like similar to The Batman. Just a thought.
    X-Men - A Joel Schumacher Film

Staring: George Clooney as Wolverine, Chris O'Donnell as Iceman, Alicia Silverstone as Rogue, Uma Thurman as Jean Grey, Jim Carrey as Cyclops, Arnold Schwarzenegger as Professor X with Tommy Lee Jones as Magneto and Paris Hilton as Mystique.

And with Schumacher's colourful nipple suits, these mutants will rule the world.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So do we have any idea on where the series will go? I mean after the last Spider-Man series kind of bombed on MTV I doubt we'll see it there. I'm kind of hoping/figuring it will end up going to Cartoon Network. After all they are getting the Ultimate Avengers movie as well as showing the Fantastic Four series (along with the CW network) among other Marvel collaborations so it will probably end up going there. And if it ends up on Toonami maybe they can make it more "mature" then some of the other Spider-Man series (not the MTV Spiderman, but like the 90's Spiderman series, which means that we'll actually hear people being allowed to say "kill" and punch each other reguarly).
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

William C. Maune is offline TZ News Editor in Chief
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Ultra Mike
    So do we have any idea on where the series will go? I mean after the last Spider-Man series kind of bombed on MTV I doubt we'll see it there. I'm kind of hoping/figuring it will end up going to Cartoon Network. After all they are getting the Ultimate Avengers movie as well as showing the Fantastic Four series (along with the CW network) among other Marvel collaborations so it will probably end up going there. And if it ends up on Toonami maybe they can make it more "mature" then some of the other Spider-Man series (not the MTV Spiderman, but like the 90's Spiderman series, which means that we'll actually hear people being allowed to say "kill" and punch each other reguarly).
    Cartoon Network is a good bet due to the Marvel movies airing on Toonami and Fantastic Four coming to CN (although we don't know where on the network yet. (One note on Fantastic Four: It's only on CN, not the CW).
    Toonami Inner Circle Alliance: Forum X Bridge Digital Arsenal Infolink World's Finest ANX

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd imagine Cartoon Network is the most likely place. There does seem to be a bit of a Marvel revivial going on over at CN, and I think Spider-Man would fit right in on Toonami.

It wouldn't be too out of place on Kids WB! or whatever it will eventually become on The CW. A wise cracking teenage superhero with 'normal' teenage problems fits thier MO. I'd sooner see it on CN though - I still have issues with Kids WB!'s version of Batman.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Hypestyle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... I want more marvel heroes to appear in the new Spidey cartoons.. though, with all of the movie projects being handled, i know it's probably a lost cause for the "a-list" heroes..
    With Great Power also comes a Great Responsibility...

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    I'd sooner see it on CN though - I still have issues with Kids WB!'s version of Batman.
    Which version of Batman? The New Adventures, BB, or The Batman? Its been awhile since Spider man showed up with a new show. Especially with today's tech improved, and if its on Cartoon Network at least now he'll be able to land next to birds on screen . Hopefully it won't need to reuse animation to much either. I really enjoyed 90s Spider Man and I even liked MTV Spider Man( Has a special place for me for a few reasons ), but they were far from the quality that the DCAU has set the bar for. Anyway with DC's strangle hold on animation seemingly over, it'll be interesting to see how Marvel will be stepping up with 3 new shows.

Ultra8 is offline Now all I/You can do
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be happy as long as they get to use Spidey's rogues to a decent effect. One of the nails in the coffin the last 2 series shared was the not alot of familiar villians because they might appear in the movie scenario.
    Toonami 1997-2008/2012 -
    Darkseid Facts:4. Darkseid is the reason Waldo is hiding.
    "Sore wa himitsu desu."

"There is no front or behind! Only your destruction!!" - Ashuramaru, SDGundam
    "Yopopoi! Tupopoi! Supopopopoi!" -Yopopo

Draft is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if spidey goes to anything other than cn, i would be stunned

so congrats to spidey fans, and hope it doesnt bomb liek the mtv one i guess

Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast