Quantcast
toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Doom delivers again!

5 11.63%
  • ****1/2

4 9.30%

6 13.95%
  • ***1/2

7 16.28%

9 20.93%
  • **1/2

2 4.65%

3 6.98%
  • *1/2

1 2.33%

1 2.33%
  • Not enough H.E.R.B.I.E!

5 11.63%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes "Doomsday" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Discuss this episode from the Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes animated series!

Episode #3: Doomsday
    Original Airdate: September 16th, 2006

When Reed is accused of having purposefully exposed Susan, Johnny and Ben to the cosmic rays that transformed them into the Fantastic Four, the team is torn apart. But as Susan, Johnny and Ben individually wonder if Reed is capable of such a betrayal, they’re attacked by the mastermind behind the plot against Reed – Doctor Doom. Now the team has to escape Doom’s prisons in order to save Reed and prevent Doom from plunging the city into the Negative Zone.

Comments?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

RockmanDash is offline Retired
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Uhh is that aliens tongue a part of a ocotopus?

Caswin is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    First, that is one spiffy-lookin' title card.

Second, was that Stan Lee I saw in the crowd?
    Last edited by Caswin; 09-17-2006 at 08:45 AM.
    "There's no need to tread lightly upon my feelings. I'm the first one to admit that Superman is my arch-enemy, and that he alone stands between me and my goal - but I shall find a way to deal with him..." - Lex Luthor, Atom Man vs. Superman

Forward my mail to Cas Warner.

Arsenal is offline Magneto was right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This feels like a small step backward from last week animation-wise, though it does feel like the introduction we have waiting for.

Doom has diplomatic immunity (even though he clearly keeps trying to kill people; and for the record, who grants a guy named Doom diplomatic immunity), and that's why he keeps getting a "get-a-way" free card.

This is the best Susan has come off thus far.

Johnny is alternately irritating and hysterical. His epilogue/monologue aping Doom was hysterical. "I am brilliant but will inevitable lose because I'm DOOM!"

We see Alicia for the first time, and she is clearly influenced by the movie version.
    Marvel Animation Age... because daily doses of Spider-Man can make you spectacular, also.

Azrael24 is offline why?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did abyone watch this? i thought it was MUCH better than the past couple of weeks. and it was a good pilot even tho CN didnt release it till now

loads more action, which automatically made it better. also the story was really good, and doom was exellent along with the rest of the cast

Rabi~en~Rose is offline idolmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    trial, body swap and now break up the team with lies I guess its hard to be super original but still the fighting still lacks impact but this episode was still more exciting then the others because the city actually was getting destroyed and stuff umm but all that negative world stuff went right over my head

FatFree is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was supposed to have been the first episode, yes?

I actually liked last week's episode much more. This one seemed somewhat dull, and I feel that they could have done so much more with that plot.

Anarky is offline Team Conan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very similar to Teen Titan's real first episode, "Divide and Conquer", but still enjoyable...though there was a lot going on but I suspect the writing and staging will tighten in time for S2. No doubt we'll be seeing more from The Negative Zone later this season. FF is starting to grow on me, especially like that they're playing on Reed's guilt over the accident that mutated his friends (especially Ben).
    Sonicsgate.org :a 2-hour documentary chronicling the unique circumstances that led to the Sonics' exodus to OKC

(1967-2008) Seattle Supersonics

spyke is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrael24
    Did abyone watch this? i thought it was MUCH better than the past couple of weeks. and it was a good pilot even tho CN didnt release it till now

loads more action, which automatically made it better. also the story was really good, and doom was exellent along with the rest of the cast
    I agree with everything you said. This episode was really good, the best pisode so far IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabi~en~Rose
    trial, body swap and now break up the team with lies I guess its hard to be super original but still
    The plot for this episode was actually loosely based off of the X-MEN/FF mini series from the late 80's. So the creators of this show can't be blamed for adapting stories from the comics.

Crash is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So the media got an electronic copy of the journal... And they just believed it? No verification at all? Boy, the Marvel Media is stupid. I mean, extra stupid. Where's Ben Urich when you need him?

I'd say it was definately a step up from what we've seen so far. Punches actually landed. (albeit, against a robot, but still, they landed) And with Sue's head blocking most of it, he even got completely trash a robot. Anything to get past the european censors, I suppose...

As for Doom...I'm still getting used to the voice. And the dialog. The arrogance just seemed...forced. But the design is starting to grow on me. And I do like the 'Doom-vision' camera we sometimes get.

Heh. So the landlady (we gunna get a name for her anytime soon?) barely bats an eye at giant bug aliens, but Johnny freaks her out? I think she'll be good for a regular chuckle.
    Nobody likes having to rise to a challenge, but competing against other people and getting in thier face to say 'ha-ha I'm better than you' is a part of life sometimes!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast