toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate this episode

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

1 50.00%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • Next time stay in Atlantis, stupid Spock rip off!

1 50.00%
    Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fantastic Four "Now Comes The Submariner" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Discuss this first season episode of Fantastic Four!

Episode #3 - Now Comes The Submariner
    Original Airdate 8th October 1994

Namor, Prince Of Atlantis grows tired of surface dwellers polluting his oceans. He rises from the ocean and kidnaps Sue Storm in order from her to become his queen.

Comments?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have such a hard time trying to rate these episodes because most of them are flat out terrible. There's some good stuff in there but the horrendeus dialogue and animaton makes it difficult to really try and gives these stories a chance. Even with this episode it's hard to tell what the real quality is. The first season is borderline unwatchable but there could be good things here. The idea for the episode is solid - its a classic comic story. But here it seems lost in the mediocracy of the first season.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man
    I have such a hard time trying to rate these episodes because most of them are flat out terrible. There's some good stuff in there but the horrendeus dialogue and animaton makes it difficult to really try and gives these stories a chance. Even with this episode it's hard to tell what the real quality is. The first season is borderline unwatchable but there could be good things here. The idea for the episode is solid - its a classic comic story. But here it seems lost in the mediocracy of the first season.
    I couldn't agree more. Unlike Iron Man, which had the odd decent episode and occasionally looked pretty, this show had apauling animation, sucky scripts and crap characterisation.

This episode stands as one of the worst, if only for how unlikeable Namor comes across as. I've never been a fan of his, but this episode made it a helluva lot worse.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Caswin is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having no experience whatsoever with comics Namor, I liked his portrayal... insofar as it was a pretty believable picture of one seriously messed-up individual.

Did that shot of Atlantis seriously come from the same studio? O_o
    "There's no need to tread lightly upon my feelings. I'm the first one to admit that Superman is my arch-enemy, and that he alone stands between me and my goal - but I shall find a way to deal with him..." - Lex Luthor, Atom Man vs. Superman

(Well, it was worth a go.)