toonzoneAnimation News : Blog : Forums : TV Schedules : Wiki : Comics : Hosted : CD! : Forums  

toonzone forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%
  • ****1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • ***1/2

0 0%

2 100.00%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Discuss this second-season episode of The Incredible Hulk!

Episode #16 - Mind Over Anti-Matter
    Original Airdate - October 5th, 1997
    A dark entity travels to our dimension and is looking for a physical host to house its energy. Impressed with the size and strength of the Hulk, the entity sets its sights on the giant. She-Hulk must enlist the aide of Dr. Strange to go inside Banner's mind and rid him of the demon once and for all!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed most of this. No one has every really bothered to explain exactly what Dr. Strange's powers actually are, and he would often simply shout and stuff would appear. Very odd.

I did like the trip inside Banner's mind though. Did anyone catch the brief oddly coloured Spider-Man cameo? Or the Iron Man teddy? Awesome stuff.

I remember seeing this and enjoying it far more than I probably should have, simply because it was simply the best episode the second season did. I'm still unsure as to why the dramatic drop in quality happened in season two, but this stands out as it's best episode, IMO. It's not as good as the other crossovers, IMO, but it's still not too shabby.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can understand why Dr. Strange would be a hard character to write for. His character can be a bit vague at times. He's the "Defnder of the Mystic Arts" but what does that mean exactly? It seems like he can deal with any threat by just saying "Yes I battle that as well." It seems like he can do anything.

But here while I liked that he was involved in trying to fix Banner from possession. He was down on a human level (or as close as he could be) helping out the Hulk. In this episode we get one of my favorite momnents - the two Hulk personalities side by side. It's a great moment to see both of them square off!

Not really the best of the show but Dr. Strange fairs much better here than he did in the Spider-Man: The Animated Series "Dr. Strange" episode.

I'm not sure if this is the second season's best episode. I remember enjoying the first episode of the season far more than the rest. What this episode did was give some screentime to Banner. True he is in every episode but he's also drowned out by She-Hulk. I swear she's had more dialogue in one episode screaming and yelling than Bruce did the entire season.

And your comment on Strange is true. I assume it's because his reputation is well known but you have to wonder why no one would question Strange's abilities.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man
    I'm not sure if this is the second season's best episode. I remember enjoying the first episode of the season far more than the rest. What this episode did was give some screentime to Banner. True he is in every episode but he's also drowned out by She-Hulk. I swear she's had more dialogue in one episode screaming and yelling than Bruce did the entire season.
    I always found A Hulk Of A Different Colour to be incredibly rushed, with a rather poor conclusion. If I do remember though, that episode was the last appearance of Rick Jones. She Hulk really did steal everyone's spotlight, didn't she?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazing Spidey
    I always found A Hulk Of A Different Colour to be incredibly rushed, with a rather poor conclusion. If I do remember though, that episode was the last appearance of Rick Jones. She Hulk really did steal everyone's spotlight, didn't she?
    I thought it did well for what was forced upon. it. Both the tone of the first season and the tone of the second season both came crashing together and while the result wasn't pretty it did give us some resolution. I just wish this episode was solely dedicated to ending the first season properly.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doctor Strange and She-Hulk team together when Bruce, and with him The Hulk's power, falls under the influence of an evil anti-matter demon. Strange and She-Hulk enter Bruce's tortured mind and bring both the warring Green and Grey Hulk personalities together to try and cage the beast before he causes further damage within Banner's body.

http://marvel.com/news/story/15127/w...season_2-_ep_3
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.