Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    StellaMagic is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Theories to Kaijudo Mean Girls Portia and Maribel

Like This Thread!
    In this thread, people can talk about their theories on why Portia and Maribel act mean on Kaijudo. I saw episode 14 and 23 and how harsh they are on other. There are rules to this thread

• No bashing
    • No trolling
    • No heated debates
    • No comparisons to real people you know
    • No using this as a way to cyberbully

Anyone who doesn't follow these rules or says an inappropriate thing will be reported to the administrators and moderators.

I'll go first to set the example

In my opinion, Portia acts the way she does because she may not be close with her mom. In "Night Moves," her mom got her the shirt Lucy wore, and she gave it away and called it ugly without thinking how much her mom paid for it. This proves that she and her mom don't get along for some reason. It could be that her dad is rich and spoils her rotten, but there is no mention of him, indicating the possibility that her folks could be divorced. She and Allie connect in some way despite how mean she is, and how angry they are with their moms may be that.

Any comments?

Fox
    Fox is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe they are just spoiled. Daddy, who probably is a friend of Allie's dad, buys his princess (Portia) everything she want. And Maribel is like Portia because she wants to hang out with popular girls.

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who cares? I don't a dam about Carney, I don't need anymore bully characters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Maybe they are just spoiled. Daddy, who probably is a friend of Allie's dad, buys his princess (Portia) everything she want. And Maribel is like Portia because she wants to hang out with popular girls.
    That too, but why make girls who shop from a thrift store feel bad, and why treat something her mom bought her as trash?

To zoombie, I made this thread to see if we can develop an understanding of why kids are bullies. We know that Carny is a bully because of the way his dad treats him, but what about Maribel and Portia. The whole point of bullying character is to provide conflict and to get a better understanding on why some teens bully.
    Last edited by StellaMagic; 02-02-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added something

Fox
    Fox is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaMagic View Post
    That too, but why make girls who shop from a thrift store feel bad, and why treat something her mom bought her as trash?
    I don't think that "scary" fashion story was true, and she just told it to make Lucy feel sad.

Writers don't need to explain why every mean character is evil, we already know about Carny and Alakshmi.They are trying to portrait the real world, where some kids are treated according to their parents' income. And some real life bullies don't have a good reason.Besides, Portia and Maribel are in very few episodes, it's very unlikely that they reveal anything else about their background, specially with so many main characters.

I wasn't suprised about how Carny insulted Ray in the first episode, but Portia and Maribel made a strong impression on me.
    -When Maribel said to Lucy: Can you take "la basura por favor"?
    -They even make fun of Allie who is her friend.
    -And they throwing toilet paper to Sasha in the school dance as a reference to Carrie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Carny was in very few eps as well.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah the bullies on this show takes a things a little too far. I guess it is more realistic. I don't really give a dam about them. I take the Biskits twins over these three any day, they are funny fun characters, and there is no mean spiritness to them. Dare I say the Biskits are more complex than these girls (at least Carney is somewhat complex I give him that) Even Diamand Tiara is not as bad as Carny and these girls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Of course the Biskitt Twins are complex. From the look of the second episode, they are obviously ignored a lot by their dad. As for Diamond Tiara, I say she's spoiled to the max, but her dad still acts like a real parent. That's what makes Portia and Maribel so interesting. They never show what caused these two to be mean, leaving us coming up with ideas and guesses of our own. On Facebook, I spoke with Kari Wahlgren (Allie), asking her about Portia and Maribel. When I hear from her, you be the first to know.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaMagic View Post
    Of course the Biskitt Twins are complex. From the look of the second episode, they are obviously ignored a lot by their dad. As for Diamond Tiara, I say she's spoiled to the max, but her dad still acts like a real parent. That's what makes Portia and Maribel so interesting. They never show what caused these two to be mean, leaving us coming up with ideas and guesses of our own. On Facebook, I spoke with Kari Wahlgren (Allie), asking her about Portia and Maribel. When I hear from her, you be the first to know.
    And of course those shows I mentioned is intended is for a slightly more younger audiance.Or people of all ages. This show is for older kids, so they can be a bit more edgier with raciest bullies.My Little Pony or Littlest Pet Shop they are not going to do that. Look at the trouble MLP got into with Derpy, they are going to have someone say any racial slurs So I guess it is apples and oragnes. I wonder if next season, they are going to introduce any effeminate or butch characters, and have the bullies makes any sexesual orientation slurs?

BTW you talked to Kari Wahlgren, I love her, she is awesome. I am so jealous. You should ask her about Sym Bionic Titan, what she thought was going to happen with Newton and Kimmy, or ask her if Charmcaster is going to appear in Omniverse, the way they left Charmcaster character in limbo really irritated. It seems they leave all her cool characters in some limbo like situation via cancelation (Sym Bionic Titan) or not using her characater (Ben 10: Omniverse)
    Last edited by zoombie; 02-04-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can talk to her on facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast