bobbybop is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kaijudo sneak peek episodes TALKBACK

Like This Thread!
    talk about the 3 sneak peek episodes of kaijudo.
    the natural part 1
    Ray and his friends are introduced to the world of the Kaijudo Duel Masters, a secret order of heroes sworn to protect mankind from fantastical creatures—and from the evil forces of The Choten, who would use those creatures to conquer the world.
    the natural part 2
    Ray, Allie, and Gabe explore the wonders of the Kaijudo Temple and learn the basics of creature dueling. The Kaijudo Duel Masters are impressed by Ray's abilities (but skeptical of his unconventional techniques) when he summons the powerful creature, Tatsurion the Unchained.
    the natural part 3
    Ray, Allie, and Gabe bond with some creatures and must contend with a deadly threat inside the Kaijudo Temple! The kids must join the Kaijudo Duel Masters and their creatures in a battle to save the day.

Chaotix12345 is offline Told ya...the name's "Slash."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I quite enjoyed this! Sure, it's definitely a very different show than the original anime series, but the new characters, creatures, and plot lines are interesting, the animation was very good, the voice acting was top notch, the duels were cool, and honestly, it was a bit darker than I thought it'd be. (It's not every day that an American cartoon of this genre references racism and uses the word "kill" all in the first few episodes.) Definitely looking forward to see where the story goes from here.

Also, "Bob" is the best name for a creature EVER. XD
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kaijudo's Choice

I was wondering what all the Hub-Bub was about this show. It got mentioned here a lot, but I didn't get it. What won me over was the animation and the official website.

http://www.kaijudo.com/

I had to get up early to watch this . But I don't regret it at all. This show is like what would happen if Digimon and Huntik: Seekers & Secrets had a one night stand. Kaijudo is it's bi-racial love child . I thoroughly approve. Actually, I recommended Huntik to The Hub in orphan shows thread. Of course with this show and MIB, neither Huntik nor Roswell Conspriacies has a shot .

I was not expecting Hasbro/The Hub to go there in regards to the racist bully. My face was all . Between Artemis, Aqualad, Mako & Bolin and now Raimundo it's good to be a bi-racial cartoon character. Plus some shows only imply that a character is bi-racial but never flat out state it. I can't think of a single time in YJ where Artemis says her mother's Vietnamese. Artemis never once mentions her heritage (neither do any of the other characters), except Chesire who proudly wears a costume that screams "Look At Me I'm Asian!!!!!"

Kaijudo also pulls no punches about how dangerous a business it is. Multiple amputees, jeez. Kaijudo says, "I see your double amputee Panthro, and raise you with Fingerless and the one legged man."

It was a total Sophie's Choice about whether or not to finish the last episode or watch Thundercats. I know it'll rerun tomorrow and be availabe On Demand after midnight. But I switched between both. Hopefully The Hub will have Kaijudo On Demand soon. Looks like it'll rerun all weekend long.

Saturday, May 5th: 8:30–10:00 a.m. (EST)
    Sunday, May 6th: 7:00–8:30 p.m. (EST)
    Monday, May 7th: 4:30–6:00 p.m. (EST)

http://www.kaijudo.com/news/encore-episodes/index.html

It was great to see that the Kaijudo council is nearly gender balanced. The Chotan reeks of being like The Light. Gabriel reminds me of Cleveland, Jr (in the best possible way). Raimundo and Allie aren't annoying and in fact are quite likable. The grandfather sounds like a fortune cookie, but there's nothing wrong with that. Some of the most memorable characters in cartoons speak like that; Spirit from GI Joe, Ulitmate Spidey's Iron Fist. And The Veil spell must be the same one that the Guardians from W.I.T.C.H. use .

I'm quite intrigued with the whole Kaijudo mythology. Some Kaijudo can speak and some can't.
    Plus they're all being used to fight by the humans. Kaijudo has a different take on the martial arts as well. They do a mighty lot of dancing around to open The Veil. I wonder if the humans will ever use their martial arts skills on each other.

When does Kaijudo premeire? Can't wait to see more.

Spoiler:

Get ready to see a lot of this pose.

libraTZ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the full show comes out June 2nd.

wanted to watch, but there was a bit of an obstacle, which is our satellite was being installed at the time.

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieB21:-) View Post

I was not expecting Hasbro/The Hub to go there in regards to the racist bully. My face was all .
    Mine too! That was pretty shocking for a cartoon in that genre. It kind of makes me want to watch the show to see what other kind of bold thing they'll say or do next.

Team Teen

Cartoon heroes unite!

TheGunheart is offline Darkness and Disgrace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While I'm not going to argue that the main character designs are a bit better than the anime (though still kind of...bland), is it just me? Or are the monster designs considerably worse? Where's Urth?
    Save a webcomic! Read Commander Kitty!
    YOU GOT YOUR HEAD ALL TANGLED UP, BUT IF ONLY I COULD MAKE YOU CARE...

Takao is offline Fight the darkness all around
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Episode 1: The Natural Part One is now available on Hubworld.com
    I Miss Bionix - Canada's only source for anime news
    Project Rising Beetle - The #1 English Medabots community
    NearVita.com - Exclusive news, reviews and more on the PlayStation Vita