Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    bobbybop is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Littlest Pet Shop - News and Discussion Thread

Like This Thread!
    this thread is to disscuss and tell any news of the Littlest pet shop series.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am hoping the animals are like Pokemon, meaning unlike the first series they don't talk at all. If they do humans can understand. Anyway I hope they don't talk, and scenes when they are alone we have to translate our selves like we have to do with Pokemon when Meowth ain't around.

If the Japanese can do it, so can we.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I am hoping the animals are like Pokemon, meaning unlike the first series they don't talk at all. If they do humans can understand. Anyway I hope they don't talk, and scenes when they are alone we have to translate our selves like we have to do with Pokemon when Meowth ain't around.

If the Japanese can do it, so can we.
    I've seen some of the webisodes. Going by those, it's a case where the animals speak English, but only to each other. It's just sounds like animal sounds to the humans.

Given the show's target audience is young children, the producers would likely not go with onscreen subtitles out of concern that small children wouldn't be able to read them.

I figured that the pets would at least be able to speak directly to Blythe, but again, going by the webisodes, that would appear not to be the case.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 04-30-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbro View Post
    I've seen some of the webisodes. Going by those, it's a case where the animals speak English, but only to each other. It's just sounds like animal sounds to the humans.

Given the show's target audience is young children, the producers would likely not go with onscreen subtitles out of concern that small children wouldn't be able to read them.

I figured that the pets would at least be able to speak directly to Blythe, but again, going by the webisodes, that would appear not to be the case.
    The thing is except for one episode back in season one, Pokemon never had subtitles. Without Meowth around, you had to figure things out yourself. So I wasn't even thinking of subtitles. Figure what the animals are saying like you would in real life. Even though all their say is their names over and over again, but they say it different tones, I kind of get what the pokemon are saying.
    Last edited by zoombie; 04-30-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just hope this doesn't take the 'Puppy in my Pocket' route. That show was just....urgh.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    bump

I really like the animantion simple but good looking

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the hub's website has put a mini-site of littlest pet shop
    http://www.hubworld.com/littlest-pet...-pet-shop-show

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybop View Post
    the hub's website has put a mini-site of littlest pet shop
    http://www.hubworld.com/littlest-pet...-pet-shop-show
    I can't help but be reminded some of our favorite characters from a certain show when friendship is magic with the color schemes of some of these pets. Don't blame them from riding the success of the pony express.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I can't help but be reminded some of our favorite characters from a certain show when friendship is magic with the color schemes of some of these pets. Don't blame them from riding the success of the pony express.
    Yeah, they're clearly copying Friendship is Magic, 'cause no other toy franchise has ever employed the use of color-coordinated characters before. MLP: FiM is the first show/toy line to ever do that. Pink, green, purple, orange and blue colored animals automatically equals Pony ripoff.

No offense, but that's like trying to claim that Family Guy is copying Scooby-Doo because both shows have talking dog characters.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Yeah, they're clearly copying Friendship is Magic, 'cause no other toy franchise has ever employed the use of color-coordinated characters before. MLP: FiM is the first show/toy line to ever do that. Pink, green, purple, orange and blue colored animals automatically equals Pony ripoff.

No offense, but that's like trying to claim that Family Guy is copying Scooby-Doo because both shows have talking dog characters.
    I didn't say they ripped them off. I am just saying I can't help but be reminded me of some Friendship Is Magic characters.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast