Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Transformers Prime - "Flying Mind" - Talkback [04/28]

Like This Thread!

Today @ 8:30 PM ET on The Hub

I suppose an episode about the kids was overdue this season, so I can't complain. Miko hasn't been very annoying recently. Hope it stays that way.

The Decepticons' warship comes alive and is ready to destroy humanity, but Raf, Jack and Miko set out to stop it.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Mandouga is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aside from Fowler, Jack, Miko, and Raf stopping the A.I. controlled warship, the autobots now have part of the Project Iacon data, namely those four coordinates they mentioned. Because this season only has so many episodes, there probably won't be a full story arc surrounding it. I personally figure it will be one episode for one set of coordinates, but anything can happen.
    Cartoons aren't "just for kids"...but they're not just for adults either. They're for everyone.

Alex20 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this episode even with the focus on humans.

Maybe Megatron will now attack New York City.

Avengers is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was probably the best human centric episode the series has done. Miko wasn't annoying and the other three were all very likable. I was hoping to see Tripticon transform (he is the ship) but maybe another time. Everything was fine and the plot moved along nicely, glad to see the project Iacon wasn't just a one episode mention thing and has been an ongoing arc through the season, should be interesting what the war machines are, I hope a couple call back to g1 stuff but I'm not sure how they would do that (wouldn't it be awesome if one of the doomsday machines was actually a bot? like shochwave or Grimlock considering he will be the focus of the upcoming in canon video game and they have already shown autobot relics are also on earth) I'm also happy we will get the first episode that will really allow the bots to use their disguises. Also I like how they are finally playing up the "Optimus is now out for blood" character, its not huge development but it certainly is something.

Can't complain, really liked the episode.

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex20 View Post
    I enjoyed this episode even with the focus on humans.

Maybe Megatron will now attack New York City.
    Why the heck do all disasters (natural or otherwise) take place in New York?!

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They have toned down the amount of screen time the humans had this season. Besides Orion Pax this is the first time this season the kids were in a battle situation. And this was a situation that really called for the humans help and was not the whole "Scout mission gone wrong" situation that kept happening in season one. That and I like that Fowler is getting to do more this season, as in he's doing more then yelling at the autobots.

Also yeah I like that project Iacon is a constant thing, and not something that was quickly dropped. It does make sense that some of these weapons would be buried in locations that later were inhabited. Now that I look back it was actually very convenient that every lost cybertron relic on earth was fond in an uninhabited location. It did not bother me but it was weird.

As for Optimus Prime being willing to use the Spark extractor, even if there have been hints of him wanting to kill Megatron recently this was potentially going too far for Optimus. I can accept him being willing to kill a helpless megatron but I don't know if I can accept him unleashing a weapon of mass destruction on the decepticons.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good Episode :anime:
    My favorite parts are The Nemesis Ship is alive and Ratchet beating up Knockout
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragnatek View Post
    As for Optimus Prime being willing to use the Spark extractor, even if there have been hints of him wanting to kill Megatron recently this was potentially going too far for Optimus. I can accept him being willing to kill a helpless megatron but I don't know if I can accept him unleashing a weapon of mass destruction on the decepticons.
    I agree with this. Maybe he was right about it being the best way to stop Megatron (especially since they are even more outnumbered with the Insecticons added to their ranks), but Optimus going to such lengths bothers me a-lot. They've taken an awesome moment from the end of last season(his decision to kill Megatron if he gets the chance) and made it into something that's a bit scary.

That being said, great ep. Jack was spectacular, and Miko was slightly less Miko-ish than usual (but still annoying. She's going to have to do ALOT more before I don't hate her on general principle).

And now...NEW YORK CITY!!!!
    The Hypocrite Rises....

Neo Yi is online now The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avengers View Post
    Also I like how they are finally playing up the "Optimus is now out for blood" character, its not huge development but it certainly is something
    I wouldn't say Optimus Prime is "out for blood". His actions to end Megatron isn't out of any desire to kill him just for the lulz; he wants to end the war and the quickest way is to take down the Decepticon leader. He's just being rational which is usually a complete opposite personality trait from bloodlust.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

trance2009 is offline Fun to play with not to eat
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroSparkster View Post
    Why the heck do all disasters (natural or otherwise) take place in New York?!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../BigApplesauce

G1Ravage is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow...Robert Skir wrote this episode. Remember him?
    Vegas...now??

Dudley is offline <- Watch the cartoon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a fun episode. It was good seeing the humans be useful for a change.
    So the Cybertronians are going to wage war in New York City? Will their existence be revealed to the general public?
    Can't wait to find out!

Conroy reviews Family Guy
    (Last episode)

Neo Yi is online now The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My recap for this episode is up.

Repeated viewings have caused me to tolerate it, though it's not good nor great. However, it's not blisteringly awful. It's just there and it does what it needs to do (in this case, set up the next major event). Kids (especially Jack) get an excellent moment. Nothing much else to say that isn't already in the recap.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked this episode, and while I'm not crazy about the kids, I guess they had to appear again sooner or later.

And frankly, Jack isn't so bad. He has guts, at the very least.

Oh, and at the end when Ratchet clocks Knockout: WIN!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst