Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    The Huntsman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Transformers Prime - "Armada" - Talkback [04/21]

Like This Thread!

Today @ 8:30 PM ET on The Hub

After a brief diversion with a recap episode, the actual plot continues.

Bulkhead gets caught on an enemy warship and lands in harm's way when others try to kill Megatron.
    Watch The Amazing World Of Gumball on Cartoon Network!
    Follow Ben Bocquelet on twitter!
    Like The Amazing World Of Gumball on facebook!

Edward15 is offline To The Toons Of The 2000's!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that was a pretty exciting episode. Airachnid's on ice, Megatron's warship is grounded, Starscream hopefully got himself a new T-Cog, but even worse that Insecticon army now serves Megatron!

Avengers is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was really hooping the events of this would give us thundercracker and skywarp but now that Starscream knows he can't control his clones and he feels them die I doubt that will happen but here is to hopen he took that clones T-cog. Good episode, glad airachnid is finally out of the picture but since she is not dead I must assume she will return somewhere down the line. At least now it is pretty obvious that starscream won't rejoin Megatron, glad to see the trope of forgive and forget has stopped with those two. Now Megatron has lost his ship but has an army of insecticons, which can not be good.

Starscream was the highlight in this episode for me, he might not be at the top of his game but his schemes are so fun to watch and his reaction so humorous that I almost don't mind. I will say it is high time for him to become a threat I know his bumbling side is a huge part of his personality but without Airachnid scheming alone it is time to focus on Scream and let him shine.

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode, but I expected more. I thought we were going to get a big war with the Insecticons, but it looks like that's being held off for a later time. I also thought Starscream's clones were going to lead to the introduction of Skywarp and Thundercracker. Guess not.

I do hope at some point in the series we get to see more Soundwave. I remember reading somewhere (I don't remember where or how reliable the source is) that we were going to get an episode where Soundwave will finally speak and a possible reason as to why he chooses not to. I hope we see that and more with him. He's such a cool, mysterious character that's greatly underused. Hopefully when we do hear his voice, it is reminiscent of his classic Generation 1 voice (yeah, the one that sounds like the old Cylons from classic Battlestar Galactica). Plus, I want to see more done with Lazerbeak, and maybe even an appearance by Soundwave's other deployers: Ravage, Rumble, Frenzy, and Ratbat.

I also would like to see Shockwave show up. I read that in the novels that procede Transformers Prime that Shockwave is still on Cybertron (much like his G1 version was) and that he is the one who engineered the Insecticons... and... the Dinobots! So yeah, I'd love to see Grimlock and company appear on the show, too!

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Awesome episode :anime:
    Nice have Starscream make clones of himself shame that they all died nor been named Thundercracker nor Skywarp
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Frontier is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering how much Prime bases its history off both War For Cybertron and the Exodus Novels, Skywarp and Thundercracker might actually already exist in this universe. Starscream said himself that he was the commander of a squadron of Energon Seekers that might have had the two in their roster.

this was a good episode. Looks like Airachnid is off the board and Starscream is back to being a true semi-threat. Though Megatron now has command of an army of Insecticons, and despite the Nemesis stuck on the ground for now I doubt he's been deterred in the slightest. The Autobots could really use some new members, including Wheeljack. It just seems like the Decepticons keep getting the advantage in both weapons and numbers.

ShadowBlinky is offline Let There Be Snow...man!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Fan Beyond View Post
    I also thought Starscream's clones were going to lead to the introduction of Skywarp and Thundercracker.
    And Thrust, and Dirge, and Ramjet.

Alex20 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good episode but I also expected more. I was hoping to see more of the Insecticons fighting the Vehicons. I also hope Airachnid escapes because, as Ratchet said, she deserves worse.

The preview clip for next week showed that
    Spoiler:
    the Decepticon warship is already back in the air. Also, Megatron's eyes glow purple instead of red in one of the scenes just like when he was getting controlled by Unicron.

Dragnatek is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The insecticons suffered from conservation of Ninjutsu big time. It's understandable but well a single Insecticon is almost a threat to Megatron himself while an army of them well they they are only slightly stronger then Vehicon drones and are taken out in like one shot. However that was to be expected so I can't complain that much.

Decent episode Starscream should have a T-cog again, airachnid is gone for now and her return will be interesting since when she returns it will be to in the Autobot base.

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I found it hilarious that Starscream's plan fell apart from the start. I halfway expected the clones to turn on him since they are him, but never the fact that he can feel his pain. I especially loved the ending.

Starscream: AAH!!! Scrap, that hurt!

I thought Arachnid was gonna die, but stasis lock is better than nothing. Arcee sure had some willpower not to let her most hated enemy suffer. Than again, she's with Optimus.

jak d ripr is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this episode, there was quite a bit of plot progression what with arcee finally getting some retribution, arachnid being taken out of the picture, starscream potentially getting a t-cog and megatron acquiring an insecticon armada. I was also slightly disappointed that the clones didn't result in the introduction of the other seekers(ala transformers animated) but hopefully the shows writers realize the potential there and introduce them sometime down the line. At least the clones potentially led to starscream getting his t-cog back so thats a welcome addition. I love the double team move bumblebee and optimus used on those 2 insecticons at the end there

Also, was I the only one who found starscreams complaints about his constant bad fortune hilarious? The scene where he's like they got t-cogs that he doesn't have and all he gets is agony had me in stitches. Not sure what to expect from next weeks episode though, the description makes it sound like its gonna be a human focused episode which have a habit of sucking so ill keep my expectations low.

Mr. Hypocrite is offline Detective. Hero. Hypocrite.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow. Starscream's just has no luck at all.

Bulkhead derails multiple plans to assassinate Megatron, and then brings down the Nemesis, and nobody even knew he was there.

That's pretty Badass. And incredibly lucky.
    The Hypocrite Rises....

araffa13045 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Liked this episode alot. Starscream's cones were great. But what what I didn't like was how the Insectacons immediately follow Megatron again. I would have like to see more of a fight. A good episode, can't wait for next week!
    New signature!.... I know its lame

MetroSparkster is offline ...has nothing to say.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by araffa13045 View Post
    Liked this episode alot. Starscream's clones were great. But what what I didn't like was how the Insectacons immediately follow Megatron again.
    Well they're basically a hive mind. They can't run without a leader. With Arachnid out of commision, they returned to Megs.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Starscream just can;'t catch a break.

A few things that annoyed me were that some of the villains seemed weaker than usual. Airachnid usually beats Arcee; why was she losing here? And the Insecticons looked like weaklings here.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Neo Yi is offline The Great "Lord" Starscream
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My recap for "Armada" is up.

Sorry, I didn't like the episode. I wanted to, but it suffered from juggling too many plots and not enough time to give them the satisfying conclusion they all need. Each of them are worth their own episodes, but instead they crammed all of 'em under just a half-hour so they open up new plots. It's only the tenth episode out of a planned twenty-six; I wished they'd pace themselves.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    "Dawn's breaking on Cybertron." I review Windblade #1. Spoiler-free!