Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    I seem to remember Lauren Faust mentioning in an interview last year that Hasbro is hesitant to use Luna much due to her being 'darker' than most of the other characters. Which begs the question of why they'd give her such a central role in the show's universe if they didn't want to use her, but what can we do, I guess. With any luck, they'll take notice of her popularity and give her some attention in S3.
    That's what I find most annoying about the entire thing. Since the entire series began, it was pointed out that Celestia and Luna were supposed to rule together and I was hoping that after episode two, we would see more of that since I always saw the two a symbol of yin/yang and balance but we haven't gotten that AT ALL. Celestia is still treated as the top teir sister and rules despite the fact we're supposed to assume that Luna has returned to her place as ruler and has gotten some of her powers back (if not all of them since she she was shown to be growing rapidly since her freedom.) Didn't Faust also say that Luna didn't become evil on her own and something took over her form to become NMM? If so, that would make for a good story and it would be interesting to see how it plays off.

I am going to be honest and say that I hate the 'all darkness is evil' trope with a passion, mostly because it can lead to some pretty generic color-coding of who is good and who is evil and prevents creators from actually experimenting and coming up with their own thoughts of how good and evil are supposed to be represented. As princess of the night, it seems rather obvious that Luna should be as dark as the night sky (or did they want a silvery color for her, like the silver moon? I don't know...) but that shouldn't have automatically branded her as being too 'dark' to be in the show with everyone else, especially when its already be established that she is not an evil character and that she does care for the other ponies. Then again, the people who said Luna is too dark to be good and/or in the show are most likely the same people who said that Celestia toys wouldn't sell if they were not pink and that little girls are scared of queens. In other words, they probably have THIS type of mindset going;

Oh, who knows what the children will think if we have this characters who isn't pretty pastel colors walking around as if she's a GOOD character?! Who knows what type of influence a dark character will have on children! Soon, they will never know what to look out for since they should grow up knowing that the difference between good and evil is coloring and dark is definitely evil and-!

Okay, that's EPIC GENERILZATIONS but I was hoping that the show would at least try to do something different by playing a bit against the 'all darkness is evil' trope since they have been going against a lot of other tropes associated with girl-centric shows. I did see the download pics with Luna pushed behind her sister (still in her season 2 form) and I can only hope these are actually screen-shots or something from the episodes but yeah, this lack of Luna isn't great at all. The girl deserves more love.

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Still sticking to my "rules the night, sleeps all day" theory.

(Though, how many episodes that take place at night would have a reason for her to show up?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post

(Though, how many episodes that take place at night would have a reason for her to show up?)
    I have to say it; Ai no rite?!

Heck, even the smallest of night camoes (such as the meteor/star/whatever shower in 'Owl's Well than Ends Well') would make SOME sense but nope, after Luna Eclipsed, I guess she doesn't exist anymore.

Undrave is offline Forever Burning Heart!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah 'Owl's Well that Ends Well' could have at least have a line about Luna making that star shower! but NOOO.

Luna doesn't even get her Longest Night celebration! ><

"People who meddle with secret identities get their memories erased."
    -------------
    "You murdered your own alter ego? Sounds socially awkward."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
    Yeah 'Owl's Well that Ends Well' could have at least have a line about Luna making that star shower! but NOOO.

Luna doesn't even get her Longest Night celebration! ><
    As others have said, HOPEFULLY something will come from her in season 3. She already has TOYS so she is an established character to Hasbro which is good but we just need to see her more in the show, especially since she is supposed to be HALF of the ruling party of Canterlot! If there is supposed to be a balance between Celestia and Luna, they aren't doing a real good job in showing it.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post
    Still sticking to my "rules the night, sleeps all day" theory.
    It's funny to think of ageless demi goddess alicorns needing sleep at all.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12