Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Destiny of Awe is offline Should update a lot of things
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What Would YOU Do?

Like This Thread!
    Here's how it will work; I'm going to "put you" in a random situation, and one person will say what they would do, then make a situation for the next person. For example!;

ME: "You found a billion bucks on the ground. What would you do?
    MEMBER: "Buy a pony. You just found that your favorite show is cancelled. What would you do?"

And so on.
    And now! For the first SITUATION.

You just found out you have 5 minutes to live. What would you do?
    "Don't worry guys, this time, I'm back for sure!"

Yeahhhhh, I have a bad knack for lying.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny of Awe View Post
    Here's how it will work; I'm going to "put you" in a random situation, and one person will say what they would do, then make a situation for the next person. For example!;

ME: "You found a billion bucks on the ground. What would you do?
    MEMBER: "Buy a pony. You just found that your favorite show is cancelled. What would you do?"

And so on.
    And now! For the first SITUATION.

You just found out you have 5 minutes to live. What would you do?
    This is going to get move to Fun and Games, but until it does...

I'd call my friends and family and say goodbye.

Here's an oldie but goodie.

A trolley is hurtling down a track towards five people. You are on a bridge under which it will pass, and you can stop it by dropping a heavy weight in front of it. As it happens, there is a very fat man next to you - your only way to stop the trolley is to push him over the bridge and onto the track, killing him to save five. Should you proceed?
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    A trick question, that one: it's not a given that stopping the trolley is the only way to save anyone. I can simply warn the five people to get out of the way.

My follow up:

Assume you can visit one and only one city in the world for a week. Expenses are not an issue. Where do you go and why?
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    A trick question, that one: it's not a given that stopping the trolley is the only way to save anyone. I can simply warn the five people to get out of the way.

My follow up:

Assume you can visit one and only one city in the world for a week. Expenses are not an issue. Where do you go and why?
    No, it's not a trick question, it's a classic ethical dilemma, and trying to find tricky ways out of it misses the point. Anyway, it's a little known fact that all five people on the track are deaf and blind and can't be signaled, and there is only time to push the fat man or not, the trolley is moving too fast for any other course of action.

Your question can be the next one, but I'm going to have to demand an answer. It is protocol, sir!
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't think the answer was tricky so much as it was thinking outside of the box, but okay. Hard question, but I think my answer would be no.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Paris. There are a ton of sights there I always wanted to see.

Bit of a follow up to Destiny of Awe's example: you are homeless and starving to death and find ten thousand dollars on the ground. A minute later, two kids walk by and you overhear them. Their dad is dying and can only be saved by an operation which costs ten thousand dollars which they do not have. Do you give them the money even though you are in desperate need of food?

Jmill is offline Person
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I give them 9,990 of it. I'm starving, and I'm pretty sure they'll have ten dollars to spend, especially if it's their dad on the line. The other ten will be something for me to eat. There, everyone wins.

Alright, now for my question. If you were given a free lifetime subscription to any three entertainment services, what three would you pick?
    BOLDED ALL CAPS TEXT.

OnePark is offline גורל
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Internet (Premium), Some form of television subscription with a jillion channels and either Hulu or Netflix.

Your house is burning down, but by the grace of Thor your family and pets are safe. You have time to grab one item out of the house to keep. What is it?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JustinianFlynn - Complicated name, I know but that means there's some good stuff, right?

Destiny of Awe is offline Should update a lot of things
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Probably my laptop.

Let's say you are trapped somewhere, and there are only two ways to escape. One route is extremely hot, and going through it can result in severe hyperthermia.
    The other is extremely cold, and going through it can result in severe hypothermia.

Which route do you choose?
    "Don't worry guys, this time, I'm back for sure!"

Yeahhhhh, I have a bad knack for lying.

mIjulz is offline Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you were given the power to decide of who will you save, between your girlfriend and millions of people, who will you choose? Would you choose to keep your other half life over the millions of people?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast