Novapocalypse is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thread closed for inappropriate reason: Would like it re-opened

Like This Thread!
    So not too long ago, I made a thread where basically all I did was ask for people to suggest quality anime to me, seeing as I got a brand new internet connection which was much faster than the one I previously had. Karl Olson (who, if this is any sign of his work, should not be a staff member at all) closed the thread immediately for "implications of piracy." Now, I see a couple of big flaws in this. The first being that, first off, I never explicitly said that is what I was going to do. I don't even see how it was implied. For all he knows, I planned on watching it from whatever streams I could find. Now you can refute this point with saying that it was 2007 and there was no Crunchyroll or Hulu or anything big streaming licensed anime, but this in itself leads me to my second big flaw in his argument- If my thread was closed for "implications of piracy" then 80% of the threads in the anime board should have been closed as well. Back then there were a ton of thread talkbacks for anime that hadn't even been licensed stateside, as well as talkbacks for anime that were currently licensed domestically that were clearly pirated via fansubs.

Here is the thread in question -

Anime Recommendations

I'm not asking for much, just for my thread to be unlocked and bumped. It is also worth noting that it was my first thread (and I think first post) on the site, so I personally believe Karl was using this to personally attack/intimidate a new member.

P.S. - Please excuse the poor grammar in the aforementioned thread, I was only 13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cyber-bullying is one of the most serious problems facing our youth today, and is frequently misunderstood by generations who didn't grow up with the internet. It is difficult to show just how harmful this can be to a child's psyche, but incidents like this can stay with them well up through adulthood. Karl Olson is a known bully, but I fear that by complaining, we are only encouraging him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jesus, it's been almost three hours, and I have seen a ton of mods and admins on board. How long does it normally take an issue to actually get looked at here?

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In the Anime forum, they seem to have a pinned thread set up for recommendations like your thread was.

Please post over there instead, Novapocalypse.
    Grand Unified Recommendation Thread

If you got an infraction for your thread, then you can PM one of the other Mods/Admin assigned there. Or wonderfly.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

defunctzombie is offline I have chortles!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's mod etiquette not to mess around in boards you're not assigned to. So don't get mad at us for not doing anything.
    Stalemate Resolution Associate for Video Games and Cafe Toonzone
    tumblr/Nintendo ID: defunctzombie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you for your replies, Yojimbo and defunctzombie. Is there anyway at all I can put in some word to potentially get Karl Olson removed as a staff member? I personally do not believe he is fit for the job and I feel it is the right of the members to impeach him in some way.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not sure, just send a Private Message to wonderfly explaining your situation. I think that should be the best way to go.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: October 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This forum is for "Feedback and Suggestions" on navigating/layout design/rules of the forums, not for addressing a specific mod action.

Send a private message to an Anime forum moderator, asking to re-open the thread. Or use the "report a post" button for that closed thread. That will get the specific attention of the Anime forum mods.

There is no way to petition to remove moderators. If a moderator does something you don't like, send a PM to the Chief moderator of that forum (if the Chief Mod of a forum is the one who did something you have a problem with, send a PM to myself or to Harley). Note that something that occurred 7 years ago probably does not warrant disciplinary measures against a mod. Take it up with the moderators of the Anime forum and go from there.

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!