Community Login: (Create an Account)
Search the Site:
Mr. Maune, I would like to know why there are posts between the hours of 7AM and 3PM on this forum. This is a children's forum, and by all means, children should be learning at school during these hours. Keeping this forum open during these early hours may encourage kids to outright skip school. Now please, as a request from a very experienced teacher as myself, tell these kids to get off the internet! It is dropping grades all across America.
Because this isn't a 'children's forum'.
There are plenty of adults who come here, as well as college students such as myself who don't always have classes at the time you mentioned.
You do know this is an inside joke, right?
I'm going to move this to the Feedback and Suggestions Forum. KuwabaraTheMan is right. This forum is for all ages (well, 13+); it is not a children's forum. In fact, most of the members (on the Toonami forum at least) are older teens and young adults. Children should definitely be in school during school hours, but the forum is kept open so that those who are older can still post.
What a Cartoon Review Blog - My own project where the goal is to write a detailed review to the original 48 WAC shorts.
"The lowest lifeform of all! A TV Executive!" - Plucky Duck
Such a lazy and unqualified teacher. No wonder your kids suck so much
Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.
Ms. Jarrell, unless you live on the West coast, you should have been teaching instead of posting on the internet, right?
How can you expect your students to focus on school if you cannot?
A teacher who will be on the level with the students goes a long way towards creating a more positive learning environment.
Hang around Toon Zone, and you'll find that you need to sharpen your grammar and spelling skills to get your points across in a way that's taken seriously. You'll find that most people won't just accept your opinion for what it is - that you'll almost always have to develop a well-thought argument behind that opinion, on your own.
All of this developes good debate skills, critical thinking skills, English skills, and prepares students for the diversity that exists out in the world, even on fun topics like cartoons.
Honestly, you should be encouraging your students to get involved in areas of interest like this, because it's certainly more productive and helpful than seeing how many millions of friends you can get on MySpace or browsing porn all day.
Of course, there's a 99% chance that this thread is a big joke, but on that 1% chance that it's not, this needed to be said.
Concerning those who are in High School that post here, you got to understand that maybe some users are in a different Timezone, where the School day is already over or hasn't even started yet. Heck, there are quite a few users that aren't even in the United States. Also, maybe a user might have the day off from School due to a Holiday, Testing day, Snow day, or personal illness. You've got to understand that not everyone is always at School at the same exact time due to the reasons I stated.
Inevitably, if kids want to do something other than study they'll do it. When I was a kid, it was computer games, books, going out, watching TV, chatting on the phone... if people want to escape study they can do so.
If kids are of a young age, the ownership falls on the parents to regulate internet use. Afterall, the internet is very a much a slightly erroneous great library of humanity showcasing the good and bad that makes us people. If this was such a library building, how many parents would let the kids freely amble around it unsupervised? They could wander off into aisle of god knows what. Same with the internet - best pointing fingers at parents rather than the internet itself.
The internet can take up time, it can hook kids, but the internet is becoming a vital vocational tool. A lot of artwork I do comes from people either seeing my work on the net. I've met people from a variety of countries and worked on projects for fun and for profit. The scope of the internet has changed our world. Fifteen years ago, I'd probably have to send hardcopies of artwork to client, now it's email communique and scanning. I can keep uptodate with whatever changes need to be made to work instantaneously. The internet is resource of advertising, media trends and marketing, all of which will be eventually inherited by a new generation of such workers.
One can't dismiss the relevance of the internet. This is before we talk about the sites benefits in terms of communication, debate, opening up international boundaries and creating friendship bases for many kids who have problems at home or at school and need someone to talk to.
Like with all things, extremes are bad, but the internet has a great to deal going for it. This place is a mature and intelligent entertainment site. Hell, it even got me into looking at taking drawing professionally, so I don't think it's relevance to careers can be understated!
You know, I like how the year has barely started and we already have some humorous threads from this person. This must be a new record.
My DeviantArt http://nutbunnies.deviantart.com/
Jarrell, are you for real? If not, then leave the forums and find another activity to pursue rather than trolling online message boards for some cheap thrills, because you're giving us all a hard time with your senseless ranting about us being on the internet for a various amount of hours. I wish someone would ban you from these very forums immediately.
Last edited by Pomegranate; 01-24-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Submitted for your approval: An ordinary teacher who had become so paranoid that she began to suspect anything and everyone on the internet was her troublesome students wasting valuable class time. Mix in her stereotypical belief that in a cartoon forum, all posters must be under 12. Sprinkle liberally a group of posters that fall into two categories: Those that find her antics amusing and a break from the usual serious posts, and those who are miffed that all her posts don't fit into an animation message board and hope she's banned. Put all that in a blender, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
You are about to enter...... THE SCARY DOOR
"You have the right to remain silent. But then again, you have the right to spill your guts and really blow it for yourself!"- Goofy, after arresting Pete and Peg
People on this forum know when they should be on and shouldn't be on.
Everybody here knows how to use their common sense.
Kick her ass outta bed and tell her to sleep on the horribly uncomfortable futon like everyone else who crashes here. XD -Sparticus
It taught me that one plus one equals one on a bun -.bg
|toonzone quick jump|