View RSS Feed

Kumori MC

Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6 Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This

Rate this Entry
by , 04-30-2012 at 05:20 PM (3214 Views)
Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6 Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This

A Review by Kumori Myu-Jishan

Well, after the Iron Spider pleasantry, we get another below average episode here, but with some shades of good.
Lets start with the bad, as per usual. The visual gags are still a pain, and the humor seems to have set the bar of Dumb on a new low. Also, some of the animation/models were less than satisfactory to gaze at.
But surprisingly, there were good points to this episode, and quite a few of them. A trend initiated by the Iron Spider, which I hope will continue.
To start off, Spidey and Tiger working together made for a good, decent team-up, despite Ava being a wench and Peter being as irritating as ever. More on that later.
Taskmaster is next. And oh man, this Taskmaster rocks! Not so much in the beginning [Seriously? A spring-trap under the stadium?], but when he pulls a punch and holds the two by their nigh-ended tethers, hes as commandeering as ever. And segnor Brown made sure his voice was badass enough to pull this episode out of the pool of rottenness which the first four swim in. His calculating mind, accompanied with his manipulative banter directed either at the heroes or at Octopus, all of this made him the Taskmaster the fans might not fully want, but that they would like back for at least one more appearance.
That said, the fight sequences were the best the series had thus far. The only setback? Why, oh why did Heroes for Hire get used as dunces here? Power Man stuck in a tire? Danny Rand beaten within six seconds of battle? Come on! Learn from Earths Mightiest Heroes, why dont you?
Erm, the battles, yeah. The best one among them, the pinnacle of the episode, was the one in the gym, with the lights out and Taskys eyes shining menacingly as his limbs clash with the limbs of the hot Latina and the annoying Nerd. Him beaten was one of those defeats I could stomach. I was even glad he lost, for it only made his interest in the Team grow [and gave us a cool frontal face shot of the villain as he plots further].

This is where the review ends. The overall mark? 7 out of 10. The missing three points are my generous way of saying this show still has major flaws. The big seven are for Taskmaster. He deserved them.

By Kumori Myu-Jishan, April 30, 2012, Armageddon Year

Submit "Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6  Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This" to Digg Submit "Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6  Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This" to del.icio.us Submit "Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6  Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ultimate Spider-Man Episode #6  Why I Hate the Gym, or Why One Might Hate This" to Google

Updated 05-01-2012 at 03:31 AM by Kumori MC

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

• ADVERTISEMENT
  • Find Us on Facebook
  • SITE UPDATES
  • UPCOMING PREMIERES
  • COMMUNITY BLOG ENTRIES

• GROUPS
  • ADVERTISEMENT

•