Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Tommy Lawson is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sad News- John Ritter Dies

Like This Thread!
    Sad news today, as John Ritter, famous for his work in the 70s sitcom Three's Company and most recently, in ABC's 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter has died of a massive heart attack at the age of 54. It's such a sad shock for him to die so young, and it's awful that it had to happen while he still had a sucessful young sitcom series just getting ready to start its 2nd season.

Rurouni is offline Cold as Ice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Lawson
    Sad news today, as John Ritter, famous for his work in the 70s sitcom Three's Company and most recently, in ABC's 8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter has died of a massive heart attack at the age of 54. It's such a sad shock for him to die so young, and it's awful that it had to happen while he still had a sucessful young sitcom series just getting ready to start its 2nd season.

Seconded. This is truly one of those came out of nowhere deaths. Ritter always seemed like a really nice guy, 54 is way too young to go.

Don't know what ABC will do about 8 Simple Rules now, (he collapsed while taping an episode of the show for the 2nd season) but that's probably not important at the moment. Condolences to his wife Amy Yasbeck and his children.
    Last edited by Rurouni; 09-12-2003 at 07:58 AM.
    -Rurouni

"It's my role in life to be the world's punching bag."-Urashima Keitaro

The Lizard is offline Will Gladly Pay You Tuesday
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I heard this about 15minutes ago, and I'm shocked! John was of course one of my favorite actors, and this is very sad news I can guarantee that John Ritter will be missed.

RIP
    (1948-2003)

-The Lizard
    "This time of year sucks, so I take my nunchucks, and make sure every snowman dies"-Davey (8 Crazy Nights)

"I hate folks that think reindeer are cute, to me their just somethin' to shoot, I hate love, I hate you, I hate me"-Davey Stone (singing) (8 Crazy Nights)
    Duck Twacy: Scram Sherlock! I'm workin' this side of the street!
    ~The Great Piggy Bank Robbery (1946)

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know what to say to this. He was just starting to make his comeback to television in primetime, and had a successful PBS series in "Clifford the Big Red Dog".

This is truly a sad day for all. I hope ABC does pull the plug on 8 Simple Rules, there's no way they could continue on now. Just show the few episodes that got taped for Season 2 and release them all on DVD to let people remember Mr. Ritter for the great actor he was.

Goodbye, John, I hope you're making people laugh in heaven with your great talent.

EightOh is offline They're fake
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I came into this forum to see if the news about Johnny Cash had been posted... and now this. God.
    What's offensive about the most religious instrument ever?

HelloKittyKat is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    All I can say is: damn

Joe Mama is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is a sad day and it just makes it even worse because it's only been one day after 9/11

EightOh is offline They're fake
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah. It's been a really rough week. Warren Zevon, Harry Goz, and now Johnny Cash and John Ritter.

His performance as the extremely creepy "completely insane threatening wannabe authority figure/oh, he's robot" Ted in the Buffy episode, uh, "Ted," was really, really impressive, as was his performance in Sling Blade and many other films and shows. He was really gifted, and seemed to be one hell of a nice guy, to boot.

Such a shame. I still can't believe it.
    What's offensive about the most religious instrument ever?

Knightmare is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He was one of my favorite actors. He always seemed like such a really nice guy.

Thank you for the great times Mr. Ritter.
    Who knows what is really real..... that's the true question in life.

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah man....

I'll admit that most of the celebrities who have passed away recently have only been (legendary) names to me, but John Ritter was someone I remember from my childhood, mainly the Problem Child movies and then later reruns of Threes Company and the movie IT. Very underrated comedic actor, and it's very unfortunate that he left us so young.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast