Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Overlord is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ebert & Roeper Praise Hulk

Like This Thread!
    Recently on their show Roger Ebert and Richard Roper gave the Hulk two tumbs up. More info can be found here: http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin...055707857,6679,

Leaping Larry Jojo is offline Searching for a map
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are right about the CG Hulk, though. He looks like The Incredible Fake from what I've seen.

Tanooki is offline Supplexing disease since 1982.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in all actuality, i think i am the only toonzone resident who thinks this movie is a dud. it won't necessarily flop, because all the comic book fans will want to go and see it. but, after openning weekend, many a people will be telling themselves "...what was that?"

KoD
    Formerly N. Frederick, among a bunch of others.

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The movie seems iffy with me. The trailers and comercials are misleading since they show The Hulk as some mindless monster yet the review on E&R seems to show him more emotional. Plus I like the panel idea in some of the shots.

I'm probably going to wait for video on this one; I'm getting tired of "radiation" origins so I'll just enjoy X-Men in the mean time.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    in all actuality, i think i am the only toonzone resident who thinks this movie is a dud. it won't necessarily flop, because all the comic book fans will want to go and see it. but, after openning weekend, many a people will be telling themselves "...what was that?"
    On the contrary, I've heard nothing but complaints out of several toonzone people about this movie, (not everyone though, mind you). It's kinda getting ridiculous. Seems like most of you are making up your minds before even seeing the movie. And all because of some bad buzz over a Superbowl advertisement.

The movie seems iffy with me. The trailers and comercials are misleading since they show The Hulk as some mindless monster yet the review on E&R seems to show him more emotional. Plus I like the panel idea in some of the shots.

I'm probably going to wait for video on this one; I'm getting tired of "radiation" origins so I'll just enjoy X-Men in the mean time.
    You see? People are going to stay away from the Hulk all because of some bad buzz. Even after we hear from Ebert and Roeper, and they say it's a good flick, and still the naysayers come out in force to proclaim, "IT SUCKS!" before it even comes to theaters. It's disheartening I tell you...

And about Ebert, if he says a movie sucks, I'll still go see it, (and conclude for myself whether it's truly bad or not) but if he says a movie's good, I'll definently go see it, cause that means it usually is good!

Drachentöter is offline Good night. And good luck.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure. Right now, it looks like the movie could go either way.

I'm not impressed by the CGI on the trailers. It's just so distracting, you'd think they could have used costume for SOME of it. Then there are the few pieces of mediocore rock music and that piece of Bruce Banner saying corny lines...

But then there are the trialers that treat Hulk like more than a popcorn flick. And, hey, it's Ang Lee, so it can't be too horrible. I'll give it a shot, but I really have no idea if I'll enjoy it.
    "But what is the difference between literature and journalism? Journalism is unreadable and literature is not read. That is all." - Oscar Wilde

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Love truth, and pardon error." - Voltaire

aftertheomega.blogspot.com

kid_flash is offline Speedy Teen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am all about the Hulk, and have been looking forward to it since they first announced plans for a summer 2000 release. And I'm not like a natural Hulk lover, I used to hate it. But read thee some BANNER mini-series by Brian Azzarello. That's some good Hulk.

As for the CGI, I don't really give a damn. I never believed in the aliens in Star Wars and I have yet to really believe any CGI. But here's the thing...Daredevil CGI sucked. Really bad. And that's like my favorite comic book movie of all time. Same goes for Spidey, but for Spidey the somewhat bad CGI worked because that's how it looks in the comics. So if the story draws me in enough, I don't give a damn about the CGI. Really, I think the Hulk looks awesome for current-day standards (they made a green giant from scratch, y'know?) and I cannot wait for the movie.

Tanooki is offline Supplexing disease since 1982.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly
    On the contrary, I've heard nothing but complaints out of several toonzone people about this movie, (not everyone though, mind you). It's kinda getting ridiculous. Seems like most of you are making up your minds before even seeing the movie. And all because of some bad buzz over a Superbowl advertisement.
    HA! gotcha there, buddy. i've never even seen the superbowl advertisement. i made up my mind that it looks like garbage from all the commercials. i'm not saying the movie is going to be bad, i'm just saying i don't like the cgi hulk. not sure why, but he just looks...well...ridiculous. this cgi hulk doens't bring justice to the comic book drawings

KoD
    Formerly N. Frederick, among a bunch of others.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfDarkness
    HA! gotcha there, buddy. i've never even seen the superbowl advertisement. i made up my mind that it looks like garbage from all the commercials.

KoD
    Well I never saw it either, but I believe for right now that the bad buzz being generated about this movie started at that point onward. Apparently the day after the Superbowl, the buzz swept the internet that the CGI for the Hulk was terrible. And lots of people have taken up this mantra and repeated it. All's I'm asking is that you naysayers should probably go see it before condemning it.

You could be right, and the CGI could suck, and even worse, the plot could suck for all I know! But I'm placing my bets upon it being a good flick. But if it's not, I'll be right here with the rest of you saying bad things about it. But I'll wait till after I see it first.

JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly

You see? People are going to stay away from the Hulk all because of some bad buzz. Even after we hear from Ebert and Roeper, and they say it's a good flick, and still the naysayers come out in force to proclaim, "IT SUCKS!" before it even comes to theaters. It's disheartening I tell you...
    Um, how am I a naysayer? I never said anything close to "it sucks" nor did I mention anything about the quality of CGI, or any kind of "bad buzz". This is just a franchise I am not really interested in (Saying "iffy" and "wait for video" should of been a clue to it) so I would appreciate it if you did not put words in my mouth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast