View Poll Results: Rate "Batman" & Post Your Comments!

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll

10 34.48%
  • ****1/2

5 17.24%

2 6.90%
  • ***1/2

2 6.90%

1 3.45%
  • **1/2

2 6.90%

1 3.45%
  • *1/2

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • 1/2

5 17.24%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Batman: The Movie" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

FOR THE FIRST TIME ON THE MOTION PICTURE SCREEN IN COLOR!
    Adam West As Batman And Burt Ward As Robin Together With All Their Fantastic Derring-Do And Their Dastardly Villains, Too!

"Penguin, Joker, Riddler... and CATWOMAN, too! The sum of the angles of that rectangle is too monstrous to contemplate!" - Commissioner Gordon

Release Date: August 3, 1966
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: Leslie H. Martinson
    Starring: Adam West, Burt Ward, Lee Meriwether, Cesar Romero, Burgess Meredith and Frank Gorshin, with Alan Napier, Neil Hamilton, Stafford Repp, Madge Blank and Reginald Denny as Commodore Schmidlapp

Plot Summary: The archvillains of The United Underworld - The Catwoman (Meriwether), The Joker (Romero), The Riddler (Gorshin) and The Penguin (Meredith) - combine forces to dispose of Batman (West) and Robin (Ward) as they launch their fantastic plot to control the entire world. From his submarine, Penguin and his cohorts hijack a yacht containing a superdehydrator, which can extract all moisture from humans and reduce them to particles of dust.

Buy the movie!

Comments?
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

BLACKHEART is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I see you are still the same Penguin.

Hey if "Unmasked" ever airs again let me know. I was a day late and a dollar short on that PM.

sandwichman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember that movie. It recently came on FOX, and I recorded it. Hilarious.

Joker85 is offline Clown Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WAP! BAM! POW! SMACK!!
    I love this movie!! It's so much fun to watch and I've got it practically memorized! And the DVD is awesome, I recommend it to all fans of this film. Now if we could only get the show on DVD...
    Anyways, *****. Great movie! I particularly enjoy the final fight scene on the Submarine where everyone falls into the ocean!
    " You always take shots from folks who just don't get the joke!"
    Joker- Mad Love

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love the series, and there are some great classic jokes here (ex: the shark, the bomb on the pier) but the overall pacing is bad, and the movie drags too much. Good for an occasional viewing though.

Jedigreedo is offline Chill. It's only an opinion.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually enjoyed this, regardless of alot of things like the bending shark and the "shark repellent." It was just fun to watch, especially Alfred driving the Batmobile with just a tiny mask to cover his appearance.
    "But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams." - William Butler Yeats
    "You can't find the world's perspective in reflection, but you can find yourself."

"We came, we saw, we conquered, we... woke up!"

Boy Wonder is offline An old geezer from the north!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2 things:

1. Penguin was defeated
    2. Gotta love "Shark Repellent Spray".
    --- "I was a three bird a day pussycat until BA helped me out!"

Mattashell is offline Before punk,there were NUGGETS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

I bought the movie today on DVD. After taping all of the episodes off TV land, this completes the Batman live action sixties franchise for me. If only Filmation's cartoons, and Return To The Batcave: The Misadventures of Adam & Burt came out on DVD. Actually the series too. I'd love to have all the episodes on chrystal clear DVD with commentary.

This movie is great and has lots of stunts that weren't on the series. Lee Merriwether is almost as hot as Julie Newmar, and Romero, Merrideth and Gorshin are larger than life as they fight to upstage eachother. I love it that they made Penguin the leader of the bad bunch. Just like on the show, the bright colors and musical score accentuate the outragious over the top deadpan humor of it all. It looses half a star for a long and slow ending, after the bad guys are cought, for no real reason.

The commentary was very entertaining, but West brings up wardrobe too much, and there are too many silences. The "Batman" featurette, is okay, but has a lot of the same info as the commentary. The "Batmobile" featurette was allright.

****1/2 for both the movie and the DVD.

I'm contributing the "Silver Surfer Rebooted" fanfic to the Marvel Rebooted website.

Check out Guttertown Massive on Facebook and Tubmblr.

James is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched this again the other day. Love the commentary. I just love Adam and Burt slipping in and out of character. The film is pretty good, with some wonderful bits... Bruce and his glass of milk.. the infamous Bomb disposal, Dick forced to watch Bruce's advances, the great villain line up... a great outing!

Dark Knight Adventures 10th Anniversary Special
    - it's back!
    Twittering Jim - Twitter
    JamesMcLean.net - James' website
    "I turned to Aunt Agatha, whose demeanour was now rather like that of one who, picking daisies on the railway, has just caught the down express in the small of the back."

The Penguin is offline Movin' on Up
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Holy Movie Talkback of the Month Batman!

Welcome good citizens of Toon Zone to the June Movie Talkback of the Month. With "Spider-Man 2" set to hit theaters soon (look for the talkback from movie namesake Spider-Man on June 30), all the talk about "Batman Begins" and various rumors and news swirling around other franchises it seems like a good time to revist one of the more popular super hero movies from years ago....

The Movie Talkback of the Month highlights some of the previously released movies in the Movie talkbacks From A to Z section. Sometimes they will be new threads and other times they will be selected from the current list like this one. Hopefully this will help foster some discussion in these threads. Look for the current Movie Talkback of the Month below the current releases in the Movie Talkback Thread Collection.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast