0 Post(s)

“The Transporter” Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Rules are made to be broken

"You broke the rules, you opened the package." - Wall Street

Release Date: October 11, 2002
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: Cory Yuen
    Starring: Jason Statham, Shu Qi, Matt Schulze, François Berléand, Doug Rand, Jedd Tan, Rick Young

Plot Summary: Ex-Special Forces operator Frank Martin (Statham) lives what seems to be a quiet life along the French Mediterranean, hiring himself out as a mercenary "transporter" who moves goods - human or otherwise - from one place to another. No questions asked. Carrying out mysterious and sometimes dangerous tasks in his tricked-out BMW, Frank adheres to a strict set of rules, which he never breaks. Rule One: Never change the deal. Rule Two: No names - Frank doesn't want to know whom he's working for, or what he's transporting. Rule Three: Never look in the package. Frank's newest transport seems no different from the countless ones he's done in the past. He has been hired by an American known only as "Wall Street" (Schulze) (see Rule Two) to make a delivery, but when Frank stops along route, he notices his "package" is moving. Violating Rule Three, Frank looks inside the bag, finding its contents to be a beautiful, gagged woman (Shu). Frank's steadfast adherence to his other two rules - which make up his basic code of survival - also quickly falls, hurtling him and his new companion on a road leading to shocking secrets, deadly complications, and the last thing Frank ever expected to come to believe: that rules are made to be broken.

Visit the official site here

Buy the movie!

Comments?
    Last edited by turkish; 10-13-2002 at 11:53 PM.
    "That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die." - Michael Madsen, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)

"I like to remember things my own way. How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened." – Bill Pullman, Lost Highway (1997)

zarius is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your borke the rules..you opened the packge..."

The Game is offline One Stratusfied Customer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man, I REALLY want to see this movie. I'll probably see it tommorow.

-The Game
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.

All great men are dead, and I'm not feeling well.

JohnCrichton is offline An astronaut!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I REALLY wanted this to be a good movie, but it wasn't.... reminded me of the American kick flicks I used to go see all the time in the early 90's. The time of Jean Claude VanDamme, Steven Seagal, and Jeff Speakman movies.

It would've been alright if it had come out then.

Anyway, even for action fans.... save your money and go rent some vintage Jet Li or Jackie Chan.

zero zero nine is offline striding
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It would've been alright if it had come out then.
    Here, here. I myself only watched it for Shu Qi. But man there were some racist punks in there. Like, before the movie, this one guy said, "All right, all you Asians better shut up." And we were like, "What the..." and about to throw down too. And the people behind us were saying crap about Chinese and Filipinos. Grrr...
    "They say this place is evil, but that's not why I stay." - Warren Zevon

turkish is offline Here Comes the Bride
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I finally was able to see The Transporter.

I was going to go see it Friday but my friend worked late and we couldn't make it in time. So I saw The Rules of Attraction on Friday. Which was funny but had the worst storyline known to man.

So we were going to see The Transporter Saturday, but a 25-35 minute wait at The Outback turned into a 1:05 wait. But I did get to see a couple of drunks battle it out, so it wasn't a complete loss.

So Sunday rolls around and I get to see The Transporter.

OK, it wasn't the greatest movie ever. However I did find it very entertaining. The fight sequences were interesting to say the least, especially the brawl in the bus station.

The script was pretty decent, and the acting was decent, with the exception of Statham... he ruled!

I think the story line or lack of one held the movie back slightly, but not enough to make it bad.

overall I give the movie ***
    "That woman deserves her revenge and we deserve to die." - Michael Madsen, Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)

"I like to remember things my own way. How I remembered them. Not necessarily the way they happened." – Bill Pullman, Lost Highway (1997)

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well...dissapointed is all I can say. Aside from the incredibly cool Jason Statham and some killer fight scenes, I found the movie to be ridiculous on the same level of 'xXx''s ridiculous-ness. I really enjoyed the opening of the movie, but it skidded downhill shortly after. Once that love-type music played with Statham first saw the girl in the bag, I knew it was downhill from there, and I was right. Some cool fight peices don't save this movie. Jason Statham is the movie's only redeeming factor.

JohnCrichton is offline An astronaut!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fight scenes were cool, but just not enough of it outside of the trailers I've seen to impress me.

Bar's been raised pretty high for me on what I expect out of martial art action.

And what happened to the blocking of the missle with a cooking pan?

The love crap should've been toned down... alot, the chick should have her ear splitting screams editted out, fight scenes needed to be longer; better stanged; drawn out and more frequently, and although "Turkish" seems like a cool action star I think taking the lead role was too much weight for his shoulderst to bare.. for now.

Once again this movie is not worth seeing in a movie theatre.

I wouldn't compare it to xXx, cuz at least that was really big, absurd fun that has alot of character and personality. Vin cared his lead role with ease.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope no one hates me and I'll try not to go off too much. But sadly there was nothing about this movie I liked. Fight scenes were average I'd say, some were alright (Statham covered in oil ) but the storyline and "plot" were so cookie cutter it was ridiculous. And some woman who's kidnapped falling in love with and screwing some guy who hasn't been that great? Riiiight. And there were no surprises. They seemed to TRY to do plot twists but failed as far as I'm concerned.

One thing I DID like about this movie: I didn't have to pay to see it.

Isondill is offline Snowfall Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was really entertaining.

It wasn't a great film, but it wasn't bad. Paying to see something that entertains you and is overall pretty brainless is okay to do every once in awhile and there's nothing wrong with it.

There is a point, moreover, at which the unfortunate and the infamous are associated and confounded in a single word, a fatal word - Les Miserables; whose fault is it? And then, is it not when the fall is lowest that charity ought to be greatest?- Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

AnimatedBliss.com - Animated DVD News and Information

Lost Returns April 24th

DVD Aficionado Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast