Here are some more deleted scenes, this time from the movie Superman IV: The Quest For Peace
1. The creation of a prototype Nuclear Man, a dark-haired brute played by English actor Clive Mantle. This Nuclear Man fought Superman outside a Metropolis disco and got electrocuted in the process. (The blond Nuclear Man who ended up as the main villain was created from the protoype's burned remains, and inherited his romantic attraction to Lacy from said protoype, who tried to assault her at the club.)
2. Speaking of the disco, the lead-in to said fight was a scene where Lacy Warfield takes Clark out to the club on a date. This scene had Clark doing pretty good on the dance floor, much to Lacy's amazement (this was covered in the novelization).
3. The farmhouse in the tornado. This was restored for the TV release.
4. The nuke aimed at the Kremlin. That was restored, too.
5. When Luthor asks Nuclear Man what's to fear after Superman has been given fatal radiation poisoning, Nuclear Man's ominous response was cut: "Destiny."
6. The scene where Nuclear Man storms the Daily Planet and kidnaps Lacy was supposed to come earlier. He was supposed to abduct her while Superman was using the isobar to heal his wounds, and then he left Lacy with Lex while he shape-shifted into a nuke and prepared to attack Russia, thusly triggering a nuclear war. Superman shows up much to Luthor's horror (ol' Baldy thought for certain that he was dead) and averts Nuclear Man's attack on Russia by pretending to drop Lacy into the ocean. Nuclear Man, seeing her falling to a seeming death, reverts to human form and tries to save her, only to be beaten to the punch by Superman (and his attempts to trigger war foiled). He tracks Superman back to Metropolis, intending to kill him and take Lacy back. At this point came the infamous "I will hurt--people" scene, but in the theatrical cut, that entire set-up sequence was absent.
7. Right after Superman got Jeremy's letter was a scene where he flew to Jeremy's school and tried to explain to the kid why he couldn't get involved in Cold War politics. This set up the press conference in which Jeremy vented his anger at Superman, but again, it was cut. Photos of this sequence were run in the novelization. Also missing was a moment in the Fortress where Superman rebukes the warnings of the Elders by saying that the words of children often carry more wisdom than those of adults.
8. The scene in space where Superman punches Nucelar Man in the back before their battle in China is in the theatrical cut, but is absent in the network TV versions.
9. The novelization posited an alternate ending to the film, in which Superman imprisoned Luthor and then held his "we've found a fragile peace" speech, followed by his flying Jeremy around the world and having Jeremy tell the world what he saw via microphone. Of course the kid is overwhelmed by the sights, to which Superman replies, "Maybe some day the whole world will see it." I don't know if this was ever shot, though. The other scenes were, that much I know.
So, does anyone know of anymore deleted scenes from the Batman or Superman movies?