5 20.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"xXx" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

A New Breed Of Secret Agent

"I wish I had a video camera, 'cause this is going to be one hell of a trick." - Xander Cage

Release Date: August 9, 2002
    Studio: Sony Pictures Entertainment
    Director: Rob Cohen
    Starring: Vin Diesel, Samuel L. Jackson, Asia Argento, Marton Csokas, Eve

Plot Summary: Vin Diesel reunites with the director (Cohen) and the producer (Neal H. Moritz) of the blockbuster "The Fast and the Furious" for this summer's high-octane, action-packed espionage thrill ride. Diesel stars as former extreme sports athlete Xander "XXX" Cage, notorious for his death defying public stunts. Betting he can succeed where other conventional spies have failed, Xander is recruited by NSA Agent Gibbons (Jackson) to become a different kind of undercover agent. Enlisted for a dangerous covert mission, he must use all his extreme skills to combat a clever, organized, and ruthless enemy far beyond the scope of his experience. This summer, the fate of the world lies in the hands of a new kind of hero.

Visit the official movie site here.

Buy the movie! | Superbit!

Comments?

I'm looking forward to this one! Talk about the film here!
    "This is gonna be one helluva trick."
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Terminatah is offline Badass Cyborg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This movie was badass. It should get an anatomically correct Oscar.

-Terminatah
    wuh oh

Calico is offline Didn't you get the memo?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check your brain at the door

As long as you didn't try to think about how he does half the stuff he does, this movie is awesome!!!! Two hours of pure adrenalin and a really hot guy. What more can a girl ask for?
    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexeplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened." >> Douglas Adams

Hero RPGs | My LiveJournal | Check out my stories at Fanfiction.net

The Game is offline One Stratusfied Customer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw it today. It requires a good amount of suspension of disbelief, but it's very entertaining.

Loads of amazing action and stunts are packed into the movie from start to finish, and it's definitley the definition of "cool". Vin Diesel pulls his part off very well, and even has a few funny lines. There's a fair amount of T&A for a PG-13 movie, which is good, because, of course, this movie is geared toward teenage fanboys like me.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that for what it is, this movie was pretty cool, entertaining, and action packed.

-The Game
    When a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harassment. When a woman talks dirty to a man, it's $3.95 per minute.

Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, so get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life.

All great men are dead, and I'm not feeling well.

The Clown Prince is offline My God carries a big Hammer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Rob Cohen could be Hollywood's newest action director. After how fast paced and action packed Fast and the Furious was, that was just blown clear out of the water by xXx! The action was non-stop and was just plain fun.

The dialouge was out right horrible in some parts, but if you can ignore that, and let your imagination go, you will really enjoy this movie. This is why I love movies, because stuff like this can come to life. I'm looking forward to xXx 2 either next summer or 2004.

The Corvette bridge jumping scene was great! And being a huge muscle car fan, that 1967 Pontiac GTO took the cake. Sweeeeet!

The Clown Prince
    "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf in 'The Fellowship of the Ring'

Joe Wagner is offline The one, true Scarlet Spider!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw the movie on Saturday night and was glad that I took the last couple bucks out of my wallet to see it. The movie was very enjoyable and Vin Diesel delivers another action packed performance. The greatest part is that Vin Diesel proves that he can be the anti-James Bond. Altho the trailers for the new Bond flick at the beginning of the movie sparked my interest as well.

-Joe!
    "Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
    - Prime Minister Winston Churchill

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

Kathy Kane is offline Captain Jack Harkness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved it!

The action was great, and those scene with a shirtless Vin Diesel, were the highlight of the movie. yum.
    I know the ladies on this board know what I mean.

Algernon is offline Missunderstood
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Was it my eyes or did the female lead look like Rachel Weisz(from the Mummy)? Cuz I swore that was her untill I saw the credits...
    The view expressed in this post is solely those of the confused personality providing them and does not reflect the opinions of my mind, its affiliate or subsidiary schizophrenic personas.
    Proud Member of Citizens Raging Against Phones

optimuslives is offline Hero of Cybertron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My fiancee dragged me off to this POS movie. I stand firmly by my previous post about Vin Diesel..this guy cannot act and it seems like he is reading cue cards.

There are alot of good action sequences in this flick ..but that is it..the story was lame, mindless and cliched and this guy has to be one of the worst actors out there. The only reason this guy is a star right now is his body..nothing more..nothing less

I had said before that "Master of Disguise" was a horrible movie..I absolutely hated that movie as well..but if I it came down to being stuck on a world where these were the only two movies I would see the Dana Carvey flick as opposed to putting anymore money in this no talent hack's bank account

Clayface is offline Molecularly Malleable Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw this flick this weekend, and I loved it - it was exactly what I was expecting - a great action flick that was a lot of fun to watch.

And I'd strongly disagree with optimuslives' assessment that Diesel can't act. He can - just check out Pitch Black or Iron Giant. Granted, he's not the best actor in the world, but he's not terrible either.

"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds
    And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

"Be ashamed to die unless you have won some victory for humanity." -Horace Mann

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast