0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

1 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Official "Scooby-Doo" Movie Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

Throughout The Ages, One Hero Has Cowered Above The Rest.

Release Date: June 14, 2002
    Studio: Warner Bros.
    Director: Raja Gosnell
    Starring: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze Jr., Matthew Lillard, Linda Cardellini, Rowan Atkinson

Plot Summary: This first-ever live-action adaptation of the beloved and long-running animated series catches up with Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang as they meddle their way into a bona fide mystery that leads them into murky and possibly supernatural waters.

Visit the official movie site here.

Buy the movie!

Comments?

Friday, June 14th has arrived, and with is brings the much anticipated release of the live action Scooby-Doo movie. This thread will be the official thread for discussion on the movie.

Let The Discussions Begin!

langden alger is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it sucked
    Last edited by langden alger; 06-15-2002 at 08:14 PM.
    'the past becomes settled in the present. the only place it truly exists.'

"There are two kinds of men in this world. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."

"in a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly insane."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by langden alger
    it sucked
    Please wait until you see the movie before you post comments about it - especially unwarranted comments. Posting "it sucked" without actually seeing the movie isn't a good way to start off this thread discussion.

Zoddman is offline Made for your pleasure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He put a by his reply, Jim. He was joking.
    "I love dead. Hate living."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Zoddman
    He put a by his reply, Jim. He was joking.
    I know, but it's still in poor taste to start a thread like that, joking or not. Hopefully some board members will put up their thoughts on the movie here sometime today - and something more than just "it sucked". I plan to as soon as I see the movie.

Phantasm Guest
    Okay, I saw it...it sucked!

Auggie Doggie is offline Timmy Turner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I mentioned this in an earlier post.

Mary, my sister, went with her Scooby-Loving friend last night. At first, she wasn't expecting much (she thought Freddie Prince Jr. looked freaky with that Blonde wig on!), but found it quite funny after seeing it. I was even offered to go with them, but, of course, turned it down. I'm still thinking of what she said after seeing it...YOU SHOULD HAVE COME! YOU WOULD HAVE LOVED IT! I'm not sure if I will see it on video, but Mary might push me into it.
    I think Scooby-Doo is knida over-rated and all of the HB Dogs should be praised.
    Wouldn't it be great if their could be more Peanuts specials on DVD?
    It was just what my career needed - I was at the top and now I'm at the bottom.
    -Halle Berry, after "winning" the Razzie Award for Worst Actress

ccffan01 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did not see it, but a few friends of mine went and said it was preety good. I plan to post what I thought as soon as I see it.

Barb Gordon is offline Nin-Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Carnage,myself and two other senior buds went to see it yesterday as a pre graduation fun moment. I want my 85 minutes or so of wasted life back, and I want it now! To make more sense, let's just say that I knew it would be corny but still funny...but it there was too much corny and not enough funny. Now I know why the cartoons are 30 minutes long, because this movie would have been great if it had only been that long. The majority of the audiences were wearing diapers or were about 10 years old, and they were quiet for the entire film. The only time there was laughter was from my group, and even then it was sparse. Freddy Prince Jr as Freddy scares the heck out of me, and at first I thought it might work, but by the end of the movie it just really didn't. Shaggy was played the best, but he was such a major part of the movie that he got old real fast. Velma was good, but so incredibly boring! I mean, I know she's brainy, but she's not supposed to be so dang dull. Sarah Michelle Gellar did better then I would have thought, but Daphne being the ditz and stereotypical damsel in distress that didn't advance anywhere got stale. Scooby was great of course, he was CGI! He was the only amusing character the entire way through. ANd what was with the random love interest so slyly named "Mary Jane"? And we could all do with Scrappy Doo thank you very much. Yes, he is the most annoying character ever created in the Scooby Doo stories....and having him in the movie in the beginning was hard enough, but the part he played by the end was just so stupid and almost sickening that no one was even smiling. All in all, though it had it's moments of "haha, that's funny like the cartoon" it was, as People Magazine put: Scooby Don't

~Barb

leaf on the wind...

The Guard is offline No Matter The Cost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just don't understand the NEED for a SCOOBY DOO movie. I mean, we ALL know how it ends. It's always Old Man Withers. That show was a joke, and to make a movie out of it is a bigger joke. I find it sad that children are even entertained. I figured out the repetitive plot thing when I was like 2, and never watched it again. And if you're going to make a live-action Scooby Doo, what's with the CGI dog??? It just looks like a waste of money, and I resent the fact that it's not THE FANTASTIC FOUR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast