Quantcast

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Movie!

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll

6 40.00%
  • ****1/2

5 33.33%

2 13.33%
  • ***1/2

1 6.67%

0 0%
  • **1/2

1 6.67%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Doguineta is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    I enjoyed the movie, but I'm more thinking along the lines of "it was just ok" than really really good or amazing. I wanted to see it in the theater only after it was getting all the acclaim/praise, but before all that I wasn't really too interested since I didn't know anything about the Guardians Of The Galaxy. Other than it existed. I was really surprised that there isn't much "comedy" here as I thought there would be (as the promotions make it appear to be more of a comedy, and internet comments of "see, they know how to do humor and make it fun!". Maybe all the comedy is supposed to be assumed/implied because one of the main characters is a talking raccoon? The light/fun tone and humor is more apparent than some other "serious" comic book/super hero movies, but I don't think there is really that much of it to an extent where I cant say Guardians Of The Galaxy and The Dark Knight in the same sentence.

Ultimately I was thinking that maybe the film would change my attitude twards the cosmic/sci-fi Marvel (and DC). I never had an interest in the cosmic/sci-fi aspect of DC or Marvel because I can get cosmic/sci-fi in other media. My attitude pretty much remains the same after seeing the movie, and I wont be venturing off to the cosmic/sci-fi DC or Marvel any time soon (unless I have to - crossover stories, Earth superheroes getting involved with and going to god knows where in the cosmos, etc). Although, the first appearance/origin story of Star-Lord looks brilliant, and something I've wanted to own/read for months now.

My main question now is, is this REALLY a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie? Or is it IMPLIED it's one just because Marvel Studios made it? All the Avengers Marvel movies involve Earth, and Guardians takes place god knows where in the cosmos. If both Avengers and Guardians characters are completely unaware of each other, and their adventures, then for the sake of argument, wouldn't that alone make The Avengers and Guardians be "separate"? Is any of the cosmic Marvel stuff here in Guardians actually going to be in any of the upcoming Avengers films, or is it just all ASSUMED what we see in Guardians will appear somewhere in an Avengers movie (solo or team)?
    The movie was about protecting an Infinity Stone from evil hands, and Thanos will use them all in Infinity War, so it's safe to say this is part of the MCU canon.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

Gold Guy is offline Stay Happy
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post

My main question now is, is this REALLY a Marvel Cinematic Universe movie? Or is it IMPLIED it's one just because Marvel Studios made it? All the Avengers Marvel movies involve Earth, and Guardians takes place god knows where in the cosmos. If both Avengers and Guardians characters are completely unaware of each other, and their adventures, then for the sake of argument, wouldn't that alone make The Avengers and Guardians be "separate"? Is any of the cosmic Marvel stuff here in Guardians actually going to be in any of the upcoming Avengers films, or is it just all ASSUMED what we see in Guardians will appear somewhere in an Avengers movie (solo or team)?
    Yes, it has been confirmed multiple times that this film does indeed take place in the MCU. Gunn, the director, wanted it to be the most "removed" from the rest, though, so the Guardians and the Avengers seemingly won't cross-over until Avengers Infinity Wars.

The main connecting factor here was Thanos, who also appeared in The Avengers film. The film also had cameos from a Chitauri.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Yojimbo is offline Yes, have some.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So it looked like Lord Tantalus was going to be a GoTG but he was cut from the movie. Maybe he might show up in the sequel.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: May 4, 2015
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678