sun
    sun is offline You stay, I go
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First Time I Have Ever Seen This

Like This Thread!
    If you go to Box Office Mojo, and look at film called, "Boyhood" you will see that it took in over $70,000 per theater..This is the most I have ever seen for any movie in many years. Far more than any current film out there in the past 6 months. This is break through film in a number of ways. But you look it up. That may be the most a film earned at single theaters ever. Or at least in the last 10 years...Very Very unusual. Here is what this film is about:

[top]Boyhood (2014) - IMDb

www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/

[top]Storyline

Filmed over 12 years with the same cast, Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD is a groundbreaking story of growing up as seen through the eyes of a child named Mason (a breakthrough performance by Ellar Coltrane), who literally grows up on screen before our eyes. StarringEthan Hawke and Patricia Arquette as Mason's parents and newcomer Lorelei Linklater as his sister Samantha, BOYHOOD charts the rocky terrain of childhood like no other film has before. Snapshots of adolescence from road trips and family dinners to birthdays and graduations and all the moments in between become transcendent, set to a soundtrack spanning the years from Coldplay's Yellow to Arcade Fire's Deep Blue. BOYHOOD is both a nostalgic time capsule of the recent past and an ode to growing up and parenting.Written by IFC Films

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it...Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. ” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

...... Peace, Faith, Love, and Hope.

CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's impressive...if you exclude 44 other movies that had much higher theater averages on their opening weekends. And keep in mind that some of the 5 theaters might have not gotten over $70K. These are averages, as in the studio takes the money earned on opening, and divides the cash earned by every theater the movie played in.

Top Opening Weekend Theater Averages
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

sun
    sun is offline You stay, I go
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you look this up at Rotten Tomatoes you will find a perfect score..100, and very high at IMBD. Also at MEta..which is some kind of rating service, it has the highest score possible. I think you can see these by just googleing "Boyhood" It appears to be a very deep drama with outstanding acting. I think but not sure..rated R..Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it does both financially and artistically. I think it will have a wide distribution next Friday..good luck to all ....
    “The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it...Returning violence for violence multiples violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. ” –Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

...... Peace, Faith, Love, and Hope.

TnAdct1 is offline I WANT MY MEWTWO!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One more thing to keep in mind about this film: the film actually took 12 years to make to allow for the depiction of the titular "boyhood" to feel natural (in fact, one planned title for this was 12 Years before the director learned of a certain Best Picture winner).
    Joe Klemm
    Toon Addict for Life and "gated community" member since August, 2002.

"ph34r t3h cute ones" -Megatokyo