Quantcast
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Tohya is offline deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Sacrificing is the wrong word, it implies that there getting nothing in return. "Trading in" potential for a known commodity is exactly what there doing and while it just reeks of shortsightedness it does make the most sense. Wiggins could be a superstar one day but Lebron doesn't have one day. By the time Wiggins enters his prime Lebron would of already been exiting his. Its a risk either way but theres one thing nobody can dispute and that is that Love was born to play alongside someone like Lebron.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohya View Post
    Sacrificing is the wrong word, it implies that there getting nothing in return. "Trading in" potential for a known commodity is exactly what there doing and while it just reeks of shortsightedness it does make the most sense. Wiggins could be a superstar one day but Lebron doesn't have one day. By the time Wiggins enters his prime Lebron would of already been exiting his. Its a risk either way but theres one thing nobody can dispute and that is that Love was born to play alongside someone like Lebron.
    Well at least we agree that it's a risk. They want to win the championship THIS NEXT SEASON, but 3 years from now, when Lebron starts to decline...it's Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos all over again. When Peyton retires in the next year or two, the Broncos are going to fall off a cliff.

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post

Well at least we agree that it's a risk. They want to win the championship THIS NEXT SEASON, but 3 years from now, when Lebron starts to decline...it's Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos all over again. When Peyton retires in the next year or two, the Broncos are going to fall off a cliff.
    That's not really the point, Cleveland just wants a championship in general. If they win one next year, and never win another one for another 50 years, they'll still treat LeBron like a god just for getting them a ring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lebron is only 29, its not like hes 35 years old and hanging on for one last championship. Peyton was in the twilight of his career when he joined the Broncos, Lebron still has another five years before we see any kind of decline which means he's going to get five years of Irving and Love in their primes. So exactly how is this like Manning and the Denver Broncos? They made the call that they didn't want to wait around for Wiggins to develop and traded him for one of the best PF's in the game. The risk is in Love getting hurt since he has injury problems but thats about it. The risk in Wiggins is that he never pans out.

BTW, Lebron wont decline until hes about 36, 37. The guy is a freak, if you think that at 33 years old hes gonna start slowing down then you're greatly underestimating how well todays athletes take care of their bodies and health.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lebron has a lot of mileage on him. Wiggins would have helped him a lot as a primary wing defender. I think he needed that more than a scoring big.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Which holds true for the opposing argument. Lebron has a lot of mileage so you wanna lighten his scoring load as much as possible. Defense alone isnt going to fatigue him as much as having to be the main focus of the offense and also play defense. I agree that Wiggins would of been a great defensive weapon but in a league that has such complicated and suffocating defensives, its easier to teach defense to a 26 ppg big man who can shoot threes as opposed to waiting for a 19 year to develop his game.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456