Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rick Jones is online now Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohya View Post
    His grandfather was a Howling Commando, theres zero % chance he has anything to do with HYDRA. Ward was recruited because he was a nobody with a ridiculously traumatic childhood that was slated for a life of incarceration . Triplett on the other hand couldn't be more star spangled banner, you honestly think Garret would of risked also recruiting Triplett knowing his pedigree? I assume its the reason they revealed Triplett's grandfather was a Howling Commando, to dispel any notion that he might be loyal to Garret.
    Just to play devil's advocate a little, his granddaddy could have been someone that helped with the integration of Zola (and HYDRA) into S.H.I.E.L.D. I hope not but it doesn't hurt to keep both eyes opened.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Tohya is online now deficit omne quod nasciture
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That would be a pretty big reach don't you think =p . People like [Alexander] Pierce and Garret were recruited because they became disillusioned. Ward was recruited because he was a lost teenager. That motivation and lack of choice didn't exist for Triplett or his grandfather. If his grandfather was a Howling Commando and decided to not retire and help create SHIELD then that means he did it with the likes of Dum Dum Dugan and Howard Stark, making him [potentially] one of the founders of SHIELD. And since Zola acted independent of SHIELD in the beginning, there does not exist a motivation or a reason for Tripletts granddaddy to ever betray his country to the enemy he spent years fighting against. And no the potential for his granddaddy being a sleeper agent does not exist. I highly doubt an African American would of ever been recruited by the Nazis.
    "If that's what it means to be wise, I guess that means I'll be fool all my life" - Naruto, after Jiraiya has told him to wise up and give up on his friend.

Yojimbo is offline Yes, have some.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
    Um, pretty sure he did shoot the dog later.
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Ward did shoot the dog. He shot it through the sniper rifle, not up-close with the pistol. This is solidified with the way he plunged Fitz and Simmons into the water. He can't kill people he knows up close. He has to be a distance away in order to do it. This makes Ward a unique type of psychopath, which I will give this show credit for.
    Wow. I thought that was Garrett with the sniper rifle. I figured Garrett would be watching him to see if he complied and there was that part in the present when he reminded Ward he didn't exactly do everything he was ordered to. That's where I was coming from. The 'distance' argument makes sense, though.

This episode basically shows Ward is definitely evil and there's no redeeming him. It's good that they have effectively decided to write off any chance of saving him, especially with the way he dispatched Fitz and Simmons (who, unless they are rescued, are in for nightmarish deaths). Ward is a better character this way, and it shows how messed up he truly is.
    He did basically pull off a Loki like in The Avengers. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by bat313 View Post
    Anyone have any comic book knowledge about the story of who Skye's parents are?
    Assuming she is a comic book character? I remember at the start people thought it was Coulson and May (though now with memory erasing in play...nah), then aliens, and now this monsters angle? I was only half joking about her being a Makluan.

If you haven't see Captain America: The Winter Soldier, at this point. Don't bother. It's sort of too late to even ask yourself that. I'm sure they'll reiterate somethings in the finale that are connected so fans like you aren't in the dark but still enrich it in a way for the fans that did go see TWS.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anyone's guess is pretty much as good as anyone else's on Skye's origin right now.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Bit Cloud is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well Miss Flower Dress, sure is disappointed with Garret, she thought he was a special and powerful being who shared in her ideals of human evolution and transformation, turned out he was just a con man afraid to die.

BlackoutCreature is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt Triplett is gonna turn out to be HYDRA. It would just be pointless at this point. That said I still find the character kinda creepy at times and I'm not sure I want him around for season two.

I had this theory that Skye was Red Skull's granddaughter. At the time of her birth she presumably would've been the only known person on the planet with the Super-Soldier formula in her system (as diluted as it might be) thus why everybody was trying to either capture or kill her. It doesn't look like that's the directions they're going though. Her being an MCU version of Fin Fang Foom would be... interesting?

I'm really glad the show has been renewed. Never thought I'd say that after the really slow and uninteresting first half of the season, but the show has really turned into something interesting and I'm curious to see where it goes from here.

Rick Jones is online now Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutCreature View Post
    Her being an MCU version of Fin Fang Foom would be... interesting?
    This makes me think about Firebreather, who I think was originally supposed to be Fin Fang Foom's kid before they had to rework the concept.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12