Viper is offline I'll Never Forget You Two!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The Dating Game" Host, Jim Lange Passed Away

Like This Thread!
    I just found out that Jim Lange, long-time host of "The Dating Game", passed away this past Tuesday of a heart attack at age 81 He was one of the best and friendliest game show hosts of all-time. He also hosted: Hollywood Connection (a terrible Match Game clone), Bullseye, a 1984 revival of Name That Tune, and The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime. I'll never forget him!!!
    Best Kim Possible Dialogue:
    Kim(to Ron): You're weird.
    Ron(embarrassed) Kim.
    Kim: Shhh. I like weird.

Most Memorable Winx Club Dialogue:
    Dark Bloom: Why don't you fight?! Or is it because I'm more powerful than the five of you combined?!

Flora(furious at the Trix for hurting Rose): SHE WAS MY SISTER!!!!!

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At first I thought "The Dating Game" host was 81 years old? But no, I'm thinking of Chuck Woolery, who hosted the 90's version of the Dating Game.

LDEJRuff is online now I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't affect me much, since I never watched the show. Still, that is pretty sad.

Happy 15th, Family Guy

SF4Ever is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually grew up watching Jim on TV, hosting game shows. I still remember when both he and Bob Eubanks were on in the same hour in syndication- Jim hosted The Dating Game, while Bob hosted The Newlywed Game. Jim hosted other game shows, such as Bullseye, $100,000 Name That Tune, $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime and Triple Threat. I remember the NBC-TV special, The Most Outrageous Game Show Moments, where Jim co-hosted with Bob, Peter Marshall, Wink Martindale and Ben Stein. Jim spoke about the time when he had a contestant on The Dating Game that was wanted by the police(now-convicted murderer Rodney Alcala). Ironically, on The Dating Game, he had Richard Dawson looking to get a date- Dawson did win. Years later, Jim appears on Family Feud, hosted by Dawson(FF Battle of the TV Hosts, 1983). Of course, Jim also had a fellow and future game show host on The Dating Game, namely 1 vs. 100 host Bob Saget. Jim was one of the most underrated game show hosts in TV history and he will be missed. Thanks for the memories, Jim!!!
    Like it or not, I never apologize for being a fan of whomever they may be.

BartWinkle is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jim and Bob were also seen on ABC-daytime back-to-back from 1968 to 1973 and Saturday evenings from 1967 to 1970. I'd like to see classic Dating Game on DVD. R.I.P. Jim.