Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Classic Speedy is offline It's not Regis!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Okay, this is, like, the third time that he's said Blue Sky sucks without really saying why. I mean, I have an idea what the criticisms might be (by that, I mean, there are valid criticisms to be made), but at this point he's like those jerks on internet forums who make a smug drive-by bashing that is designed to do nothing but piss off fans.

I enjoyed the first two Ice Age films, Epic, and Robots. Admittedly I didn't like the third Ice Age very much, but the way the NC talks about Blue Sky, you'd think they were some horrible studio with no redeeming qualities and no unique ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158
    My only other issue is that Swan Princess wasn't a Warner Bros. Animation movie, it wasn't even distributed by them, they were from New Line Cinema; nitpicking I know, but you don't call Toy Story a Disney movie, right?
    If you really want to get technical, it wasn't made by New Line either- they only distributed it. Rich Animation Studios was the main production company behind it. They've done a lot of direct-to-video stuff.
    "Ah, crusty pants, a filthy wall, good morning!"

CoolEric158 is offline Sibling Rivalry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic Speedy View Post
    Okay, this is, like, the third time that he's said Blue Sky sucks without really saying why. I mean, I have an idea what the criticisms might be (by that, I mean, there are valid criticisms to be made), but at this point he's like those jerks on internet forums who make a smug drive-by bashing that is designed to do nothing but piss off fans.

I enjoyed the first two Ice Age films, Epic, and Robots. Admittedly I didn't like the third Ice Age very much, but the way the NC talks about Blue Sky, you'd think they were some horrible studio with no redeeming qualities and no unique ideas.
    Eh, as a fan of Blue Sky, I do see why he doesn't like them. Ice Age and Rio are very...Dreamworks-y, like most non-Disney and non-Pixar animated films. A huge emphasis on humor, random heartfelt moments, silly comic reliefs made to get celebrities on board, etc. Nothing wrong with that; I liked Ice Age 1 and 2, Robots, Rio, and I am interested in Rio 2 and the new Peanuts movie (Haven't seen Epic or the other Ice Age sequels, and I wasn't a fan of Horton Hears a Who), but they do have big flaws I can't defend, whether it be too many subplots, or lame humor.

Anyway, something else I saw while doing research; apparently the director Richard Rich was an ex-Disney animator, doing work on Fox and the Hound and Black Cauldron, and this made me realize that Critic hasn't touched the other Diet Disney knockoff made by a former Disney animator; am I the only one who wants him to tackle Don Bluth's Thumbelina?
    Thinking of something to write down.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEric158 View Post
    Anyway, something else I saw while doing research; apparently the director Richard Rich was an ex-Disney animator, doing work on Fox and the Hound and Black Cauldron, and this made me realize that Critic hasn't touched the other Diet Disney knockoff made by a former Disney animator; am I the only one who wants him to tackle Don Bluth's Thumbelina?
    That or Anastasia could work in regards to Diet Disney films. They were already reviewed by the Nostalgia Chick a few years ago, but if he wanted to, he could cover one or both of those films at some point.

As for Sky Blue, I haven't seen too many of their movies, but I've enjoyed the Ice Age films. I've only seen the first three, but the first movie was pretty strong and I thought that the third movie was better than the second one. I haven't seen the fourth Ice Age movie though. I've seen a good chuck of Robots and I thought that was okay.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I sortof remember this movie, shows you how good or bad it was. I think what they could have improved on, is when we see them as children and is we slowly see them come to each other, heck even have an adventure as little kids like in the Lion King (yeah another Disney ripoff but what the heck) instead of their feelings doing a 180.

Anyway I have seen worse animated movies, though I am sure the direct to video sequels are worse.

A great review it felt kind of like the old Nostalgia Critic.
    Last edited by zoombie; Yesterday at 10:47 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9