Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    The review all you guys have been waiting

Animenia: Pokemon 4ever
    Wow. Didn't see them continuing it, but good for Suede to give some honor. Funny review overall, though it was hard to sit through at times. And those anime designs were just brilliant.

Katy Perry's popularity I never understood. Her old "fun" songs weren't fun and only two or three I'd listen to again, and her new "powerful" songs are lame and hokey, and this is no exception. Todd's taking the words out of my mouth a lot recently; odd, since we've had disagreements in the past.
    Thinking of something to write down.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have to admit, I've yet to hear this one on the radio, even if it is a #1 song. I only heard Katy Perry's last song, "Unconditionally", once or twice a few months ago, and it fell right off after that, and from what I can tell, that one didn't catch on as well as her other songs. Obviously "Roar" was a big hit, but I can't help but wonder if Katy Perry is becoming slightly less ubiquitous lately.

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    The review all you guys have been waiting

Animenia: Pokemon 4ever
    That was a really fun review. It was nice that Suede wanted to honor JewWario, but also make sure that people could skip over it if it would be too hard for them. I really liked the designs for their trainer avatars. They look really cool.

There were a lot of funny moments like the reaction to a overall Pokemon introduce four movies into the series, Porygon randomly appearing, Suicune randomly appearing at the beginning, Ash wondering if it was a Pokemon, boats being able to fly, Linkara's reactions to those added scenes, the reaction to Celebi being revived and the bad ending theme song replacing a really good one in the Japanese version. While Ash did see Suicune when he first got to Johto, he also didn't know what it was at all, so the line that he wanted to see one wasn't too strange. It's also really difficult to make the claim that the Japanese version wanted to keep the movies and series completely separate when we have episodes showing Mewtwo in the first season and some of those moments being in the movie. Not to mention we have Ash mentioning that he saw a Lugia in Master Quest, saying that he met Suicune, the events of the Deoxys movie being mentioned during the Battle Frontier season, Ash's aura powers being referred to in DP and Dawn's Lunar Wing that she bought in the Darkrai movie also being referenced in DP. The various series and movies are connected, aside from the Victini movie due to being two versions of the same movie, but they just don't refer to the events of the movies in the series that often.

Personally, I don't think that the movie was that bad. I can see where it has wasted potential, especially with making the villain someone from the future, the CGI isn't good and there are a lot of moments where Ash and his friends aren't doing too much, but I thought it was okay for the most part. Even when I first watched it in its limited released run, I didn't think it was that bad. I did like the friendship between Ash and Sam. It does add a new dimension to his relationship with Professor Oak and they used most of the time where they weren't confronting the villain to help establish a friendship between them to where Ash crying at the end would feel believable. Celebi almost dying was a touching moment and it felt especially dark with its body drying up like a leaf. Even in other cases where Pokemon die, we don't see a body. I never had much of a problem with reviving them or taking it as a way to say that the environment problems will take care of themselves. The music was nice, particularly the song playing during Celebi's revival and the original ending theme from the Japanese version. I don't think that it's one of the worst movies in the franchise, but it isn't one of the strongest movies either. It's pretty decent with some good music and some nice emotional moments, but that's about it.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Pokemon 4-Ever review was worth the long wait. Cool of Suede to honor JewWario at the start, and I like the new animated designs for the reviewers.

JesuOtaku was a great addition: she delivered a lot of good lines, and I'll say it, animated JO was super-cute.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

HellCat is offline Sincere charlatan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who are the couple Doug is doing the Adventure Time VLogs with? Because they really aren't working for me. I liked the Avatar ones, it was great when he or he and Rob offered their thoughts on what worked and didn't. But these ones...I know he brought in outside help because he felt the show just wasn't clicking with him enough to talk about, but having a nerdy couple who spend every vlog gushing over the episode, characters and show in general....it's just not critical enough for me to enjoy.

PapaGreg is online now Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I thought my sense humor was dark, funny episode
    Adventure Time Vlogs: Holly Jolly Secrets Part 2
    Endless Summer

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I stopped watching the Adventure Time vlogs a long time ago. They just weren't as interesting as the Avatar and Korra vlogs for me. Even the one or two recent Adventure Time vlogs I've seen, I wasn't really into it enough to keep watching them.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I stopped watching early on myself. Is Doug liking the show?

SigmasonicX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    He probably would have stopped a while ago if he wasn't. Anyway, after he started watching the episodes with the two people mentioned above, who helped explain things to him, the show really started clicking with him and he's enjoying it a lot now.
    Reality is only for those who can't handle Star Trek.

CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)