Quantcast
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Time-Life is offering the first three seasons in a bundle.
    The Wonder Years Collection - Time Life

The first season will also be available on its own.
    Amazon.com: The Wonder Years: Season 1: Fred Savage, Time/Life Star Vista: Movies & TV
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I prefer that package to the locker, but I need to know if I'll be missing anything. I have to know what's in the Seasons 4-6 box (which hasn't been revealed yet) so I can find out if a disc is exclusive to the locker set or not (and I don't mean something like the soundtrack CD).
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Forget Five Nights At Freddys....can you survive even ONE night with this Misfit Christmas Special, so Misfit it never even AIRED? Plus a bonus Misfit in Claymation!

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree - I like the season sets alone - I'm nowhere near the ultimate fan, so I can get by without many of the goodies - however, I would like the 4 "extras" discs, so hopefully those are included in the later seasons. If not, well, I just simply miss out.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Just sayin': Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul.

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Storm Eagle is offline Power to the peaceful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Someone who has received the complete series set has done a nice unboxing video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkQH7vzZi0k

A 30-minute infomercial aired on TV last night, and I watched it with my mother when I was at her house. It's actually making me want to own the set. I DVR'ed the infomercial, and then I copied it to a blank VHS tape.

When I made the switch to DVDs in 2002, I used to think it would be cool to have this show on DVD and I thought I'd even buy the sets if they came out. Then I watched all the episodes on The Hub when they started showing it in 2010 and found the show to still hold up after all these years, yet I thought "nah, I don't need DVDs". Now after seeing all this press, I still think the same thing at times, yet there are times where I think I really ought to get the DVDs. If I should end up doing so, and even if I might not watch them a whole lot, it would still be like owning a time capsule of pure awesomeness.
    The artist formerly known as PRdude.

Dr. Daedalus is offline Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mostly it's a great-looking set, but I'm not happy that they're using sleeves for housing the discs, so the DVDs risk getting scratched or scuffed every time you take them out or put them back in.

Are those booklets DVD size from a height standpoint? If so, I would probably just take the discs and put them in thinpak packaging and stick them in the lockers.

Dan's Revenge is offline Revengeful
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hm -- Yeah, I can go without the locker and extra stuff. If I pause where the back of the music CD is shown, I can just purchase each song through Amazon.

Not too fond of the DVD packaging either. Hoping the other individual sets do it differently. If I find they don't, then eh, I 'might' go for the locker but non-experience.

Season 1 through Amazon shows $12.99 which is a sale price. Now, if I understood a post from tvshowsondvd.com, the kiss outtakes (something I want to see) wouldn't be included in the standalone, but would be included in the season 1-3 bundle ($99.95). Tricky situation with these kinds of releases as it does feel that (minus experience) those who pay for the higher one get more stuff. Just trying to figure out the better deal for myself in the long run. For me, as long as I can get the outtakes + the 4 bonus discs, then I'm good to go.
    Formerly HUBTigers87 | Just sayin': Frosty the Snowman was a jolly happy soul.

Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am. Only Toonami, on [as]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234