Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"WWE Royal Rumble 2014" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

The unification of the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Champion at TLC has changed the landscape of the WWE. After WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton and John Cena do battle one more time, they will await the winner of the 30-man Royal Rumble. For the first time since 2002, the last man standing has no choice to make; there is only one Champion to face at WrestleMania!

"WWE Royal Rumble" #27
    Sunday, December 15, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on Pay-Per-View
    From the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Royal Rumble Match
    Batista, Alberto Del Rio, CM Punk (# 1), Intercontinental Champion Big E Langston, The Miz, R-Truth, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Rey Mysterio, Fandango, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, United States Champion Dean Ambrose, Erick Rowan, Luke Harper, Damien Sandow, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso
    and 10 more Superstars

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
    Win by Pinfall or Submission

Champion

Randy Orton
    vs.
    Challenger
    John Cena

The following contest is scheduled for one fall...
    Big Show
    Standing: 7 feet tall; Weighing: 425 pounds
    vs.
    Brock Lesnar
    with Paul Heyman

The following contest is scheduled for one fall...
    Daniel Bryan
    vs.
    Bray Wyatt
    Weighing: 285 pounds
    with Luke Harper & Erick Rowan

Royal Rumble Kickoff, 7:30 p.m. ET:
    WWE.com, WWE App, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox, Sony PS3, Yahoo!, Pinterest & Pheed

Tag Team Championship
    Champions
    Cody Rhodes & Goldust
    At a total combined weight of: 452 pounds

vs.
    Challengers
    The New Age Outlaws
    "Road Dogg" Jesse James & Billy Gunn
    At a total combined weight of: 501 pounds

Kickoff Panel
    Hosted by Josh Mathews with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels

Please remember this thread is to talk about the EVENT. To talk about your picks, go to the Prediction Thread. This includes how you did should you deem it necessary (it's not). This is not the place for "I've gotten two right" type posts.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the Kickoff show if anyone wants to give it a look.

"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That Rumble was awesome til #30 came out. Completely took the crowd out of it. Usually Im not the knee jerk reaction type but that was damn stupid way to end it even though everyone saw it coming.

Not really sure where this leaves Bryan but it sure isn't one of the premiere spots on WM or at least one that makes sense. The crowd crapped all over that, aside from Roman Reigns( who sets a new record of eliminations ). I feel bad for Rey getting booed and cheered when he got eliminated. Batista's gear looks stupid and it instantly made me want him out .

Usually you can start to shape up WM after the Rumble ends, so far 30 looks like hot garbage.

email2003 is offline *Classically Trained*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still think the WWE Tag title match should've been on the PPV. The Outlaws TAG CHAMPS!!! Didn't see that coming.

What wasted match between Lesnar and Big Show.

The WWE title, like the crowd said tonight, BORING! BORNG!

The rumble goes to Batista. Aghhhh! Really!? The crowd wanted Daniel Byran and he wasn't even in the Rumble match. You can hear the crowd upset with Batista winning it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mick Foley on tonight's PPV:

Does @WWE actually hate their own audience? I've never been so disgusted with a PPV.

-CM Punk

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WWE should have thought about Mick's TV, he hurled a brick at it tonight after all.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mick's family should be fine with it. They can afford a new one.

-CM Punk

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They already made it pretty clear on Monday that Bryan wouldn't be in the Rumble match, so I saw it coming, but still. Wow. Yeah. Completely ignoring the fans there. I can't remember a time when the fans were so actively begging for someone to get the title and WWE just putting it off and flat-out refusing it.

I think the crowd would have crapped on Batista less if he made his return here as a surprise rather than telegraphing it and making it obvious he was going to win the Rumble. Roman Reigns had such an awesome showing too, he's such a legit monster, and I'm so glad he made it all the way to the final two. Actually, the Wyatt/Bryan match was fantastic, and I kind of enjoyed Lesnar's beatdown of Show, so I thought it was a solid show all around. Reigns and Wyatt, there are two young talents that they're actually investing in big-time. It's not a total loss.

Anyway I don't think all is totally lost for Bryan. They can't ignore the cheers forever. Well, I guess they can, but it's not like they're going to just go away. This has been going on a long time now. But after WrestleMania, they may just turn Batista heel and have Bryan tap him out to win the title. One can hope anyway. Bryan making Lesnar tap at WrestleMania to claim the title would have been so much bigger but I guess they hate success.

The WrestleMania card is starting to shape up. I think we're going to get Batista/Brock Lesnar for the title (since Brock/Rock was the original plan before the Rock pulled out). CM Punk/Triple H, John Cena/Bray Wyatt. Orton/Sheamus maybe? Probably a Shield triple threat match as they split up? I kind of think Bryan may actually be this year's Undertaker challenger. Don't know what to think of that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It made absolutely no sense why he wasn't in the Rumble. The Authority hate CM Punk but they put him in as #1.

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok I gave myself a night to cool off. First the positives both Punk and the Shield did fantastic work. I especially want to applaud Rollins and Reigns. Their first rumble match and Rollins had the secondly longest time in the match and Reigns did something everyone thought was impossible, breaking Kane's record for most eliminations in a single Rumble. And keep in mind on that Reigns entered at 15 while Kane entered at 5 when in 01. Had Reigns entered at 5 instead he probably would've eliminated half the competitors. Now for the obvious mistake: Batista's victory, was the biggest mistake WWE made in years. I have defended WWE for alot of decisions they made as well as Batista as I respected him heavily. But after what happened last night and he was chosen to win when clearly the vast majority wanted Bryan to win, myself included, I've lost all respect for Dave. I was actually yelling at my computer screen towards Reigns to destroy him, and when he won I went on such a furious yelling spree that my throat actually hurt a bit afterward. They only reason I'm going to watch RAW tonight is because I know my hometown is going to chew Batista apart when he shows up.

Kindness King is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little bit sad and disappointed Bryan wasn't in the Rumble.

But the Rumble itself and the rest of the matches were great. Cena vs. Orton was slow at times, but I enjoyed it. I don't think the Rumble was do-or-die time for Bryan like others out there said. I think Bryan has a good shot at winning the Elimination Chamber, making the WWE Title match a Triple Threat with Batista and Orton/Brock at Wrestlemania XXX. I'm positive if not at Wrestlemania, than definitely Extreme Rules (because WWE's booked it for Seattle ).

At last Bryan's moving on from the Wyatts if their helping Orton beat Cena was any indication. Bryan had a tremendous match with Bray, so at least he had the match of the night. I'm sure whatever happens with him on RAW tonight will be interesting.

Lastly, I have to say Kofi was the MVP of the Rumble, his jump spot to the corner of the ring was awesome and his beating Swagger with his own boot to save himself from elimination was hilarious.
    More harm has been done by people panicked over societal decline than societal decline ever did.

-xkcd.com

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, Randy Orton vs. John Cena is freaking done guys. No more. We've seen it 8 million times. We shouldn't have seen it at the Rumble.

-CM Punk