Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BigFatHairyDeal is offline Defender of the Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by RoryWilliams View Post
    Nowhere did I say that. Rather my point was that despite being recognizable thanks to the cartoon, Johns and Didio decided to put John out of the spotlight and aggressively push Hal Jordan to the point that WB tried giving him a TV show and a 200 million dollar film, neither of which panned out. My point was that it likely would've been a smarter move to use John (as the planned Justice League: Mortal film would've) but the current DC head honchos said "NAW LET'S GIVE EM HAL INSTEAD" because of their own fanboyism.

It's lunatics running the asylum.
    I don't doubt the head honchos had their own biases, but Johns did give the GL monthly a huge shot in the arm during his 9-year run. Running with that character isn't entirely unjustifiable, either.

I think the TV show (assuming you mean GL:TAS) was pretty good, but it got canned more for toy reasons than anything the show did badly.

I have some other theories here and there, but it's probably just going to open a can that nobody wants opened.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Johns could probably do the same as Feige does, WB are a major studio and won't let him. If Feige hadn't been around before Disney bought Marvel, they might be in a similar fix.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2