Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rumor: "X-Men Versus Fantastic Four" movie in the works?

Like This Thread!

Bleeding Cool posted this up earlier today. It's kind of interesting:

According to their story, Fox are planning a movie based on the Fantastic Four vs. The X-Men comics of 1987. It would be the studio's crossover for their two chief strands of Marvel superheroes.

Of course, this would come after the upcoming Fantastic Four picture and, presumably, after 2016â€ēs X-Men: Apocalypse.

If The Fool have their facts right, the movie will see the characters against each other because of secrets regarding the Fantastic Four's origin.
    Report: Fox Have A Fantastic Four Vs. The X-Men Movie In The Works - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movies and TV News and Rumors
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning Zombie Bites Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed this never sees the light of day due to a massive collapse of Fox's FF revival leading to Disney/Marvel getting the rights back. This should never exist unless Marvel is doing it!
    Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Wonderwall is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Don't like it when they do this in the comics, wouldn't like it in the movies either.

RoryWilliams is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds interesting. I've never read a crossover between the two groups but this could be cool. Especially if Trank is involved.

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No, Fox! Don't do it. Give FF to Disney!

I - I just want to see Reed Richards and Tony Stark invent something together. I dont want to see Wolverine pawn the FF!
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

TMC1982 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too really hope that the F4 film rights will revert back to Marvel/Disney. Fox had their chance w/ F4 and they blew it w/ two mediocre (at best) movies. I think that Fox missed a golden opportunity to build their own cohesive Marvel universe when they had the rights to not only X-Men, but Fantastic Four, and Daredevil. But of course, nobody had to foresight to do such a thing w/ their comic book properties until Marvel did it themselves (and made in billions of dollars in the process).

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This sounds like a bad joke. Reactionary at its worst if this is true. There's a Superman vs. Batman movie coming out so they decide to make a X-Men vs. Fantastic Four movie. No thank you.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There were 2 X-Men v. FF miniseries in the comics, the earliest being in the 80s. I should know. I read that one. Didn't read the later one. Sounds like a desperate pipe dream. Just send the FF over to Marvel/Disney with the promise that Ear Loeb doesn't go near them.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sonic_Eclipse is offline Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Disney needs to find a way to get the X-Men back under Marvel, cause if any movie series needs a reboot its X-Men.

X-Men vs. Fantastic Four? IMO FOX has only made two good X-Men films (X2 and First Class), though I still have yet to see The Wolverine, and DOFP looks like a mess. Its also pretty much universally agreed that both FF films were awful. And now we're suppose to believe that they can pull this off? Get real man.

Its pretty much guaranteed FF will revert back to Marvel soon anyway.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like DOFP might be a partial reboot. I finally have a hope for that franchise again now that Bryan Singer is back.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    An X-Men vs. Fantastic Four movie? As much as I don't mind the idea about the X-Men and the Fantastic Four meeting up with each other, I don't think I'll like the idea about the Fantastic Four and the X-Men fighting each other in this movie, especially since we get enough "heroes vs. heroes" fights in the comics. I'm also one of the people who wants to see Fantastic Four go back to Marvel because I'm interested in seeing how Marvel will tie in the Fantastic Four's mythos with their universe and they might handle the Fantastic Four better than Fox ever did.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    To add further proof FOX is not really interested in FF :

http://m.mtv.com/news/article.rbml?i...s%2findex.rbml
    A lot of stuff that gets published on the internet is fake, made up nonsense and this is how a lot of it starts. Credit to this writer for doing a piece that actually debunks nonsense that sites will repeat and post for quick hits.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Until we hear from Variety or someone I have no reason to believe FOX on anything FF related. If this was happening Trank would be plugging it hard as even the Studio would force him to do so.

TheVileOne is online now Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fox can't keep Trank waiting around forever.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Fox can't keep Trank waiting around forever.
    I believe they really just paid him to literally sit on the project. Crazy Hollywood backroom stuff, but this seems to be pointing to that. Don't think they wouldn't buy time to do this.

Personally I think Trank has a good deal with FOX if he keeps mum on this, and a young guy who is offered a couple mil to simply be a scapegoat sounds pretty good. Maybe he and Landis will have pull to do the planned Chronicle sequel.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I suppose this is one way to retain the rights to two franchises. I'm not exactly sure it's feasible to make a great movie out of such an idea, unless said movie is three hours long, at least.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Fantastic Four should go back to Marvel, Fox isn't doing anything good with it, but I'm fine with X-Men staying in Fox's hands. Their current projects on the go are all exciting - DOFP, Apocalypse, X-Force - and with Singer back at the reins I'm all in.

The X-Men franchise is just so big. The MCU is big enough as it is and Marvel Studios has its fingers in enough pies. With Marvel also focusing on making X-Men movies, we wouldn't have films like Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, and Ant-Man coming down the pipe.