Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Aquadementia is offline Mutant Snow Goons!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Season 1 Episode 12 "Formula 407"
    Air Date: Saturday, March 8, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: January 22, 1977 on ABC

Diana and Major Trevor go down Argentina way to collect a formula that turns rubber as hard as steel.
    Guest Stars:
    Nehemiah Persoff
    Marisa Pavan

Stop by the Fun & Games Board.
    It's like dropping anvils on the ducks of your imagination
    Now with
    Caption My Avatar! Caption Your Avatar!

Questions Only as seen on TV
    Velociraptor Fun Facts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 1 Episode 13 "The Bushwackers"
    Air Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: January 29, 1977 on ABC

Wonder Woman goes to Texas to battle cattle rustlers who threaten the military meat supply.
    Guest Stars:
    Roy Rogers
    Henry Darrow
    Lance Kerwin
    Anthony George

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Sunnydee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really like this show. The last few episodes have been great! The one thing I can't really get behind is that her belt gives her superpowers. I just assumed that she was super strong and stuff because of the island she was born on and the training she did.

I liked how this episode was just about helping this one farm. It was cool to see Wonder Woman hang out with the kids and not have to save the world, just help some nice people in need! And that kid who wouldn't talk was cool too.

What's nice about this show is that I feel like you get a different theme each week. This week it was a little like a show about vigilantes, where Steve and Wonder Woman help a farm. Last week it felt a little like a spy show when they were at that dinner party. And the week before was a little philosophical with the aliens trying to figure out humanity. It's awesome!

Knightmare is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    I really like this show. The last few episodes have been great! The one thing I can't really get behind is that her belt gives her superpowers. I just assumed that she was super strong and stuff because of the island she was born on and the training she did.

I liked how this episode was just about helping this one farm. It was cool to see Wonder Woman hang out with the kids and not have to save the world, just help some nice people in need! And that kid who wouldn't talk was cool too.

What's nice about this show is that I feel like you get a different theme each week. This week it was a little like a show about vigilantes, where Steve and Wonder Woman help a farm. Last week it felt a little like a spy show when they were at that dinner party. And the week before was a little philosophical with the aliens trying to figure out humanity. It's awesome!
    In regards to the issue of Diana's powers coming from the belt, I believe that was the case at different periods in Wonder Woman's history. The idea being that Diana like all Amazons are highly trained warriors and that their bodies are trained to the peak of their physical abilities Diana was awarded the magical belt after winning the contest and becoming the "Champion of the Amazons".

Also another thing to remember for both fans that are new to this series as well as those of us re-watching for the first time in years is that Wonder Woman as been around for nearly 70 plus years and the character and her origins have changed through out various points in her history. The Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series like the Adam West Batman and the George Reeves Superman shows are base on the way the characters were being portrayed at/around the time when these shows were being produced.

I'm personally enjoying re-watching the series as Lynda Carter is a very enjoyable in her performance as both Wonder Woman and Yeoman Prince(also Carter then and now is one of the most breath taking beautiful women I've ever seen), I'm really looking forward to sitting down with my little niece in a few years and introducing the series to her.
    Who knows what is really real..... that's the true question in life.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 1 Episode 14 "Wonder Woman in Hollywood"
    Air Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: February 16, 1977 on ABC

Steve goes to Hollywood to reenact one of his many wartime victories that Wonder Woman wasn't around to see. Drusilla comes to mansworld to summon Dianna home for an important celebration. I hope she isn't gone long.
    Guest Stars:
    Robert Hays
    Debra Winger as Wonder Girl
    Carolyn Jones as the queen
    Barry Van Dyke

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the subject of METV, I kept hearing that they would pick up the original Dark Shadows, but sadly so far, sounds like it's just a rumor.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 2 Episode 1 "The Return of Wonder Woman"
    Air Date: Saturday, March 29, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: September 16, 1977 on CBS

After lo these many years the peace of Paradise Island is disturbed by another plane crash. Piloted by Steve Trevor Jr., apparently of the only family of men handsome enough to find the island, Princes Diana is again called to leave her tranquil refuge to aid man's world.

umm. This may not happen on screen.
    Guest Stars:
    Beatrice Straight as the third Queen
    Fritz Weaver
    Jessica Walter

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Sunnydee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    In regards to the issue of Diana's powers coming from the belt, I believe that was the case at different periods in Wonder Woman's history. The idea being that Diana like all Amazons are highly trained warriors and that their bodies are trained to the peak of their physical abilities Diana was awarded the magical belt after winning the contest and becoming the "Champion of the Amazons".

Also another thing to remember for both fans that are new to this series as well as those of us re-watching for the first time in years is that Wonder Woman as been around for nearly 70 plus years and the character and her origins have changed through out various points in her history. The Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series like the Adam West Batman and the George Reeves Superman shows are base on the way the characters were being portrayed at/around the time when these shows were being produced.
    Oh, that's a good point. It's too bad, because if the powers just came from her training it probably would've matched the message of the character more.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    I'm personally enjoying re-watching the series as Lynda Carter is a very enjoyable in her performance as both Wonder Woman and Yeoman Prince(also Carter then and now is one of the most breath taking beautiful women I've ever seen), I'm really looking forward to sitting down with my little niece in a few years and introducing the series to her.
    Completely agree, she's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst1138 View Post
    On the subject of METV, I kept hearing that they would pick up the original Dark Shadows, but sadly so far, sounds like it's just a rumor.
    I've never seen that show, but it sounds interesting. The high episode count is a bit intimidating though, but I'd love to give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquadementia View Post

Season 2 Episode 1 "The Return of Wonder Woman"
    Air Date: Saturday, March 29, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: September 16, 1977 on CBS

Guest Stars:
    Beatrice Straight as the third Queen
    Fritz Weaver
    Jessica Walter
    Was this really the episode they aired? To be honest, this episode was a bit confusing at first. I'm just, I'm so confused. Also, has Diana become a touch more jaded? Or was that mainly because of the guy she was with?

It wasn't a great episode from my perspective. I'm not sure where it went wrong. I think they just didn't have enough moments with Wonder Woman/Diana and Steve.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 2 Episode 2 "Anschluss '77"
    Air Date: Saturday, April 5, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: September 23, 1977 on CBS

Nazis are back! And with the time tested plan of cloning Hitler to rebuild the Third Reich in Argentina.

Guest Stars:
    Norman Burton
    Mel Ferrer
    Barry Dennen as your Hitler

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 2 Episode 3 "The Man Who Could Move The World'"
    Air Date: Saturday, April 12, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: September 30, 1977 on CBS

A Japanese man feeling wronged by Wonder Woman from WWII uses freaky telekinetic powers to seek revenge. Probably by throwing the world at her.

Guest Stars:
    Yuki Shimoda
    James Hong
    Norman Burton

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Season 2 Episode 3 "The Bermuda Triangle Crisis'"
    Air Date: Saturday, April 19, 2014 @ 8 pm ET/ 7 CT on MeTV
    Original Air date: October 7, 1977 on CBS

Manta, the head of I.C.O.P.E. (they are not a band of psychiatrists) and the I.O.D.C. are operating close to Paradise Island and threaten to discover their long guarded secrets. Also L.A.S.E.R. beams!

Guest Stars:
    Charles Cioffi as Manta
    Beatrice Straight as the Queen (twice in a row!)

Now with

Velociraptor Fun Facts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2