Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    But we don't Want Spin off WE Want MARVEL Studios to Actually OWN Spider man
    Speak for yourself.

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually prefer having X-Men and Spider-Man with different studios. This way you get the studios all trying to one-up each other, and you get more movies and more universes built up rather than if they were all just under one roof. It would be nice seeing Spider-Man with the Avengers, but the Avengers are plenty stacked as it is. If it were all under the Marvel Studios umbrella, we wouldn't be seeing an Age of Apocalypse movie alongside a Thanos saga alongside a Sinister Six build-up like we are now.

Also, honestly, I've found the Marvel Studios movies to be getting awfully repetitive and formulaic. They're all solid movies, but I go into them feeling like I've seen them before. I've been looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy for that reason because I feel like it's them actually trying something different.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post
    I actually prefer having X-Men and Spider-Man with different studios. This way you get the studios all trying to one-up each other, and you get more movies and more universes built up rather than if they were all just under one roof. It would be nice seeing Spider-Man with the Avengers, but the Avengers are plenty stacked as it is. If it were all under the Marvel Studios umbrella, we wouldn't be seeing an Age of Apocalypse movie alongside a Thanos saga alongside a Sinister Six build-up like we are now.

Also, honestly, I've found the Marvel Studios movies to be getting awfully repetitive and formulaic. They're all solid movies, but I go into them feeling like I've seen them before. I've been looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy for that reason because I feel like it's them actually trying something different.
    I've always agreed that these two universes can supply their Studio for a long time.

I think the majority of them will push the genre in the direction it needs to go. Venom eventually had to happen and now FOX needs to consider Deadpool too.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deadpool solo movie will never happen. He'd show up in X-Force or something else first. The boat has sailed.

I don't think a Venom movie can work. Sony will not be able to duplicate Marvel's model just with the Spider-Man gallery. Venom works best as a bad guy.

I can't think of a single good antihero/good guy Venom story.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Nightwing26 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Deadpool solo movie will never happen. He'd show up in X-Force or something else first. The boat has sailed. I don't think a Venom movie can work. Sony will not be able to duplicate Marvel's model just with the Spider-Man gallery. Venom works best as a bad guy. I can't think of a single good antihero/good guy Venom story.
    How about Agent Venom? I don't know much about him, but there are a lot of Flash Thompson/Agent Venom fans out there, and since he is more of a super-hero, it could work.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king_of_doom
    You mean Sony, Goldstar, Fox own the movie rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four.
    Whoops! My mistake. I'll fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2
    Not if we storm the studio and riot. (Being sarcastic)
    Yeah, that way you can watch the new movie from your jail cell.

Seriously, dude. Just read the comics if you want crossovers. It's not a big deal.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

ILDC is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    And besides, who wants yet another reboot?

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post

And honestly, not having Spider-Man and the X-Men has forced Marvel to get outside their comfort zone and use increasingly lesser known properties. A few years ago was anyone thinking there'd be a chance of seeing the Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Rocket Raccoon on the big screen?

Yojimbo is online now Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Allegedly a synopsis for the Venom movie was posted by Marvel on imdb
    "Eugene "Flash" Thompson is a troubled 19 Year old trying to find his place in the world, like any average young adult. His life changes, however, when new Oscorp technology escapes from the lab. The new technology has bonded to him and is looking for destruction and rages the streets as his alter ego Venom, but Flash knows in his heart what he is and hopes to contain the symbiote in effort to stop the sinister spawn of the symbiote; CARNAGE."
    So if true, looks like they're skipping Eddie and spinning off Flash from the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Hh. Okay. Even if it's fake, interesting idea.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That would certainly be an interesting curveball.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast