Follow Us:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    But we don't Want Spin off WE Want MARVEL Studios to Actually OWN Spider man
    Speak for yourself.

mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I actually prefer having X-Men and Spider-Man with different studios. This way you get the studios all trying to one-up each other, and you get more movies and more universes built up rather than if they were all just under one roof. It would be nice seeing Spider-Man with the Avengers, but the Avengers are plenty stacked as it is. If it were all under the Marvel Studios umbrella, we wouldn't be seeing an Age of Apocalypse movie alongside a Thanos saga alongside a Sinister Six build-up like we are now.

Also, honestly, I've found the Marvel Studios movies to be getting awfully repetitive and formulaic. They're all solid movies, but I go into them feeling like I've seen them before. I've been looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy for that reason because I feel like it's them actually trying something different.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post
    I actually prefer having X-Men and Spider-Man with different studios. This way you get the studios all trying to one-up each other, and you get more movies and more universes built up rather than if they were all just under one roof. It would be nice seeing Spider-Man with the Avengers, but the Avengers are plenty stacked as it is. If it were all under the Marvel Studios umbrella, we wouldn't be seeing an Age of Apocalypse movie alongside a Thanos saga alongside a Sinister Six build-up like we are now.

Also, honestly, I've found the Marvel Studios movies to be getting awfully repetitive and formulaic. They're all solid movies, but I go into them feeling like I've seen them before. I've been looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy for that reason because I feel like it's them actually trying something different.
    I've always agreed that these two universes can supply their Studio for a long time.

I think the majority of them will push the genre in the direction it needs to go. Venom eventually had to happen and now FOX needs to consider Deadpool too.

TheVileOne is offline Peace Loving Shinobi
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Deadpool solo movie will never happen. He'd show up in X-Force or something else first. The boat has sailed.

I don't think a Venom movie can work. Sony will not be able to duplicate Marvel's model just with the Spider-Man gallery. Venom works best as a bad guy.

I can't think of a single good antihero/good guy Venom story.
    "This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
    Deadpool solo movie will never happen. He'd show up in X-Force or something else first. The boat has sailed. I don't think a Venom movie can work. Sony will not be able to duplicate Marvel's model just with the Spider-Man gallery. Venom works best as a bad guy. I can't think of a single good antihero/good guy Venom story.
    How about Agent Venom? I don't know much about him, but there are a lot of Flash Thompson/Agent Venom fans out there, and since he is more of a super-hero, it could work.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by king_of_doom
    You mean Sony, Goldstar, Fox own the movie rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four.
    Whoops! My mistake. I'll fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2
    Not if we storm the studio and riot. (Being sarcastic)
    Yeah, that way you can watch the new movie from your jail cell.

Seriously, dude. Just read the comics if you want crossovers. It's not a big deal.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

ILDC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And besides, who wants yet another reboot?

RoryWilliams is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post

And honestly, not having Spider-Man and the X-Men has forced Marvel to get outside their comfort zone and use increasingly lesser known properties. A few years ago was anyone thinking there'd be a chance of seeing the Falcon, Scarlet Witch, and Rocket Raccoon on the big screen?

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Allegedly a synopsis for the Venom movie was posted by Marvel on imdb
    "Eugene "Flash" Thompson is a troubled 19 Year old trying to find his place in the world, like any average young adult. His life changes, however, when new Oscorp technology escapes from the lab. The new technology has bonded to him and is looking for destruction and rages the streets as his alter ego Venom, but Flash knows in his heart what he is and hopes to contain the symbiote in effort to stop the sinister spawn of the symbiote; CARNAGE."
    So if true, looks like they're skipping Eddie and spinning off Flash from the Amazing Spider-Man movies. Hh. Okay. Even if it's fake, interesting idea.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That would certainly be an interesting curveball.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Nightwing26 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would love to see Agent Venom versus Carnage. If it was real, well I can't say anything, as I'll still watch this in theatres anyways, but I would for Flash to be Venom (would also boost sales for Marvel as Flash is Agent Venom right now).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Drew Goddard will write and direct the Sinister Six movie.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ter-six-694345

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, that's a bit of a surprise. I expected him to focus heavily on the other Marvel TV series. I guess this at least means The Sinister Six is in good hands.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's weird to hear news about the Sinister Six movie when we still know so little about the Six in the movies .

We've got Rhino, Electro, and Goblin as possible members and that's about it. It's also still pretty vague exactly what the Six will do in Sony's new Spider-Man movie verse. Are they after Spider-Man? Considering Spidey might not even be in the movie, I doubt that'll be the case.

Maybe they're Oscorp's personal enforcers? Or just a couple of honest Supervillains making a living in New York .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems like they're going to have the Sinister six versus the criminal underworld based on the virals. I could be completely wrong, but that is the best story they could make.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Having the six take over the criminal underworld and form their own families would be interesting, especially if the captains of those families receive their own powers and weapons. Hell, first New York is split into six...then the rest of the country. A big war between the six families would be awesome.

Well, we probably won't get something that cool.

Frontier is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think the Sinister Six, in any incarnation, have ever been interested in actually taking over crime in New York. Generally, they either work for the person already in charge or are just after Spider-Man to get him out of the way.

Though since the viral marketing has established that Spider-Man has recently taken down the Big Man, there is an opening for new leadership in the criminal underworld. Maybe whoever goes on to lead the Six, Goblin or potentially Doctor Octopus, is after that and uses the Six to do it?

What I'm much more interested in, though, is when Spidey is ever going to actually get around to fighting the Sinister Six in the movies? I legitimately care more about seeing that then I do about the Six themselves .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some interesting tidbits about the spin offs.
    Before we know what we do with Spider-Man 4, we're going to do Sinister Six, Venom and Spider-Man 3. There is going to be a lot of crossover in those movies. So we're just not at Spider-Man 4, because we still have a whole other Spider-Man movie and two other movies. So we don't know yet what [Spider-Man 4] is going to be.
    And reiterating the May 2018 Spider-Man movie is "Not necessarily an Amazing Spider-Man movie." And Matt Tolmach basically saying to expect complicated villains. Some more horrible than the other. Some redeemable.

Sonic_Eclipse is online now Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sony so desperately wants to duplicate the world building Marvel's been able to pull off in their films, but all they have to work with is the Spider-Man universe. I'm not sure anyone wants to see team-up movies and spin offs centered around the villains.

If they were smart instead of letting the rights revert back to Marvel, they would've held on to the Ghost Rider franchise and rebooted it to fit in the same universe as TASM. Spidey and Ghost Rider have crossed over a few times in the comics before, and with the right writers and director theres no reason it couldn't be done in film. But unfortunately that ship has sailed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast