Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mumbo is offline Look skyward
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    For Spider-Man it's harder to build up a universe than it is with the MCU and with X-Men because for that license, you've basically got one hero, a very small handful of anti-heroes, and a whole ton of villains. MCU we're seeing grow before our eyes, whereas with X-Men you've got a ton of mutants to work with, and Fox is throwing the Fantastic Four in the mix, too.

Can't imagine what a Sinister Six movie would be like. Does this mean we won't see Spider-Man face them in TASM4? I assumed that was the direction they were going.

But I am cautiously optimistic about Venom, to see someone take their best shot at it instead of the crap that was Spider-Man 3.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would really love to see them cast Channing Tatum as Eddie Brock/ Venom in Amazing Spider-Man 3 with him working out as Peter Parker gets the better Spidey photos. Maybe it can just be an after credits tease, with him bench pressing. Just like the comics. Also let's list the potential characters that can get solo films:

Venom
    The Black Cat
    Scarlet Spider
    Cardiac
    Silver Sable
    Morbius (we now know Sony has the rights)

So, I think Sony has got some legs on Spidey universe if they set things up correctly.

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbo View Post
    Can't imagine what a Sinister Six movie would be like. Does this mean we won't see Spider-Man face them in TASM4? I assumed that was the direction they were going.
    It does make me wonder what subplot they're using in Amazing Spider-Man 3 that would lend itself to a Sinister Six movie.

But I am cautiously optimistic about Venom, to see someone take their best shot at it instead of the crap that was Spider-Man 3.
    I think we all are. But I guess they are going with him being a Daily Bugle reporter. I guess like Parker, he'll get a little too close to a certain OsCorp project.

Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    I would really love to see them cast Channing Tatum as Eddie Brock/ Venom in Amazing Spider-Man 3
    I'd rather see Jensen Ackles or Tom Hardy portray Brock.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 8, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hate to be the guy that says there are too many superhero movies, but there are too many superhero movies. We're starting to hit a point where there's a glut, where they become devalued and don't feel special any more. That's bad because it hurts even the good ones.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But we don't Want Spin off WE Want MARVEL Studios to Actually OWN Spider man

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    That would be nice and dandy and all but considering not one of us is willing to do jack-squat about that perhaps it would be best to just enjoy these films should we simply happen to enjoy them? Patience saves a man the medical bills of a heart attack and leaves him free to enjoy potentially good films he has yet to form an opinion on.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it!

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Even if we were, there really isn't anything we could anyway .
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    I get that you want to see Spidey kicking butt with The Avengers and all that, but the fact of the matter is that Sony still owns the movie rights to Spider Man, and all of the fan protesting in the world isn't going to magically undo that. I think that it would be best to simply accept the things that we can't do anything about.
    Last edited by Goldstar Neo; 12-15-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: I was informed that it's actually Sony who owns the film rights to Spider Man. Thanks for the info, king_of_doom.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

King_of_doom is online now kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    I get that you want to see Spidey kicking butt with The Avengers and all that, but the fact of the matter is that 20th Century Fox still owns the movie rights to Spider Man, and all of the fan protesting in the world isn't going to magically undo that. I think that it would be best to simply accept the things that we can't do anything about.
    You mean Sony Goldstar, Fox own the movie rights for X-Men and Fantastic Four.

What makes me wonder what the Sinister Six will face on? It's clear that Spider-Man won't show up but there should be a balance where they have their own enemies, if SHIELD was in the Spider-man Universe that would have work but we know why it doesn't unless you have another villain to take on the Six.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    I get that you want to see Spidey kicking butt with The Avengers and all that, but the fact of the matter is that 20th Century Fox still owns the movie rights to Spider Man, and all of the fan protesting in the world isn't going to magically undo that. I think that it would be best to simply accept the things that we can't do anything about.
    Not if we storm the studio and riot. (Being sarcastic)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast