Quantcast
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Man, all these reveals are wild...

As for the Gosling article, I can't imagine him or anyone wanting to work on a Spider-Man movie right now amid this hacking debacle.

I like Marvel Studio's idea for a Spidey movie - less emphasis on romance and drama.

Too bad about Garfield. I did enjoy his take on Spider-Man and I prefer him over Maguire.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: December 19, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

dmxx116 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Good I never care for Garfield as Spider Man he never that good in the first place,He'll not be missed by me at all. And I stand by everything I said in this post.
    http://www.myspace.com/miller346 http://foxspideyfansite.yolasite.com/
    Iron Man:TAS fan group:http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php...06462196057553
    Batman: I suppose it's useless to tell you to leave.
    Superman: I wouldn't miss this for anything.
    Batman: Your funeral.
    Superman: Already had one.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I like Marvel Studio's idea for a Spidey movie - less emphasis on romance and drama.

Too bad about Garfield. I did enjoy his take on Spider-Man and I prefer him over Maguire.
    I don't know...I can get behind a focus on Spidey juggling his social life alongside his Superheroics, which is indeed an important part of his character, but his love life and romance drama have also always been a big part of the character. Heck, the romance in the ASM Spider-Man movies was one of the highlights, even for critics! Then again, considering how Marvel's treated Spidey's love life in the comics, I can't say I'm surprised .

And yeah, agreed on Garfield .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know...I can get behind a focus on Spidey juggling his social life alongside his Superheroics, which is indeed an important part of his character, but his love life and romance drama have also always been a big part of the character. Heck, the romance in the ASM Spider-Man movies was one of the highlights, even for critics! Then again, considering how Marvel's treated Spidey's love life in the comics, I can't say I'm surprised .
    Perhaps I look too fondly back on the days when I read ASM and Venom first stomped onto the scene. Back then Peter was married to MJ and all was good with the world. There was none of the build up of falling in love and it being summarily taken away like in any of the Spidey movies.

the greenman is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ASM pretty much covered the greatest part of Peter's love life. Sony ruined a good film and potentially could've been the Dark Knight of Spider-Man films. I personally have had plenty of the romance, but I admit they only blended Spidey and Peter in these two films. Raimi seldom did that well enough.

What I think a lot of these films have failed at was never really following the spirit of the books. They do it with Harry Potter, but not Spidey. They do it with Twilight, but not Spidey. They do it with Hunger Games, but not Spidey. That's what is really annoying. Yes, those are novel adaptations, but there's no reason not to take their time with it. The studios often seem to want to rush the heck out of superhero films. Marvel did and do seem to want to take their time, but they also are knowledgable about their direction. For instance, the MCU, didn't really to introduce magic, so bringing in Mandarin was not in their scope. So they had to come up with a way to do it. In Spidey, they don't like the idea of a kid fighting crime. Which is why they wanted to rush him out of school setting. However, Peter's greatest issues involved juggling Spidey, school, romance, the Bugle, Aunt May, and that's alot for the films to carry. A serialized comic is different than a flm, but if they approach it like a film series, they can take their time with it. These films seem to want to cram the films and not balance it.

If they reboot Spidey as an adult and about to marry Mary Jane, that kind lowers the romance kinda like Tony Stark a little. Then if he's out of school, he has to deal with the Bugle and JJJ and the supervillains. That can be handled in film.
    Last edited by the greenman; 12-15-2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typos

Spideyzilla is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Makes sense to me, but I doubt Marvel would want Peter and MJ married, especially since Joe Quesada would likely be helping with the creative decisions. I would like to see the two of them already married, but I doubt it would happen. I actually think Gosling would be a good choice for a grown up, more mature and well adjusted Peter Parker, but I don't see him being interested.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the greenman View Post
    ASM pretty much covered the greatest part of Peter's love life. Sony ruined a good film and potentially could've been the Dark Knight of Spider-Man films. I personally have had plenty of the romance, but I admit they only blended Spidey and Peter in these two films. Raimi seldom did that well enough.
    Well, I'd hesitate to call it the greatest part of Peter's love life. Gwen was one of his major love interests, one of the great loves of his life, and her death was one of his defining moments of both his book and his character...but the aftermath of that, and his and MJ's subsequent development both as characters and in terms of their relationship was pretty big too. The ASM movies seemed primed to develop that until they got canned .

But yeah, I'm not expecting MJ to pop up if Marvel gets the rights, for one reason or another .

I'd be shocked if MCU Peter is too old too. Marvel always seems hesitant to age him one way or another, as much as it's in his character to deal with real-life problems that adults could relate to.

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It would make sense to introduce Spider-Man as a young adult hero in the current MCU. They could do a prequel movie in which Peter Parker deals with high school stuff and Spider-Man becomes an established hero during the Battle of New York.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another Sony email - circa 2012 between Marvel President Alan Fine and Tom Cohen Marvel's VP of Production on the problems with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Validates those who really really didn't like ASM 2.

"I wanted to burn the draft after I read it, never mind thinking about buying the DVD."

brickrrb2 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Another Sony email - circa 2012 between Marvel President Alan Fine and Tom Cohen Marvel's VP of Production on the problems with The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Validates those who really really didn't like ASM 2.

"I wanted to burn the draft after I read it, never mind thinking about buying the DVD."
    HA! Proof that Sony itself can't swallow it's own garbage.