Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ishtar is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Not only does this idea rip off Ever After High, but it also feels like they're taking some elements from a certain other TV show Disney produces. A little ABC show called Once Upon A Time. Particularly the idea of meshing Disney characters into one universe and a "what if" scenario of what happens after the films.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess Disney figures that if Ever After High and Fairy Tale High are going to exist, then they of all people should be cashing in on the whole "fairy tale characters in high school together" shtick. They already have the Disney Princesses; just stick them and their archenemies in high school, bing, bang, boom, cash the check.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well to be in fair, don't all the Disney princesses universes mesh in Sofia The First?

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'd like to know how some of the Disney villains managed to have offspring when several of them were killed before getting the chance to pro-create.

This basically sounds like Sky High,only with fairy tale characters, and of course, obviously, an attempt to cash in on the success of Mattel's Ever After High.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    I guess Disney figures that if Ever After High and Fairy Tale High are going to exist, then they of all people should be cashing in on the whole "fairy tale characters in high school together" shtick. They already have the Disney Princesses; just stick them and their archenemies in high school, bing, bang, boom, cash the check.
    Wait there is something called a Fairy Tale High, does it predate Ever After High?, hopefully people won't get it confused with Fairy Tail's second OVA, Fairy Tail Academy, which is totaly unrelated and might not be suit for a younger audiance. It be funny if people got those two mixed up.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Fairy Tale High isn't connected to Ever After High. It's just a simultaneous ripoff of both EAH and Disney Princesses. Most of those fairy tale characters are public domain, so other companies can easily cash in on them as long as it's clear that they aren't doing Disney's versions of said characters.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    Fairy Tale High isn't connected to Ever After High. It's just a simultaneous ripoff of both EAH and Disney Princesses. Most of those fairy tale characters are public domain, so other companies can easily cash in on them as long as it's clear that they aren't doing Disney's versions of said characters.
    I know that, I am just asking which came out first.

ShadowGUN is offline Hey listen!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar Neo View Post
    I'd like to know how some of the Disney villains managed to have offspring when several of them were killed before getting the chance to pro-create.

Well most of Disney villains have magic based abilities. They probably made them using magic before they die. You know a Plan B in case something happen to them. Also some could be adopted too.
    "Toonami:Tougher than the Best,Stronger than the Rest."

TOONAMI LIVES (5/26/12)

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    I am just asking which came out first.
    AFIAK, Ever After High predated Fairy Tale High.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Peter Paltridge is offline Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Everybody's mentioning Ever After High. Maybe I'm out of the loop, but it's not THAT successful, is it? I mean, it's merely a spinoff of Monster High.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: At long last, site updates are resuming! And We Bought A Retrode!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast