The Penguin is offline Moderator of Fowl Play
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "The Well" Talkback (Spoilers/Possible 'Thor 2' Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Have you made it to Thor: The Dark World yet? No? You may want to record tonight's episode.

Spoilers for Thor: The Dark World anticipated here.

"The Well"
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on ABC
    In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film THOR: THE DARK WORLD, Coulson and The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces--one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.

#1.07: "The Hub"

ABC.com - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this episode! I loved the fact that they introduced the Asgardian mythos to this episode and I was pleasantly surprised to see an Asgardian appear in this episode (although it's not Thor). I also enjoyed seeing the darker side of Grant as it was truly intense seeing Grant get so mad at everyone around him when he was affected by the Asgardian artifact. But, this episode has got me interested in who Grant's brother really is and why he's such a cruel person, especially towards Grant.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Insert obligatory "Agent of COUGAR" joke here. Poor Skye.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Yojimbo is offline Keep kicking, Libby! #GBII25
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Agent May being able to use the whole Berserker Staff was so amazing. Loved the Asgardian mythos part of the story and Professor Randolph's reason was horniness. lol. The show has really found its groove, imo.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: July 21, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

reflection is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I feel like this every week, but that was my favorite episode of AOS. It was made better by the fact that they clearly care about continuity, so this week's events will have consequences. Each character got more depth. This episode grew the TV universe as large as the movie universe. I really thought the link to Thor would be weak and cheesy based on the promos. I was wrong. This was the type of episode I was hoping for from the beginning. I'm really excited about the lead up to Cap 2.

The callbacks to the movies worked. The staff was clearly a "Hulk device" and May's line about dealing with the staff was a callback to Banner's "I'm always angry" line.

webmonkey44 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would willingly use that staff providing I got training for staying in control first...

Gold Guy is offline This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the episode, and Ward's backstory was intense, but...I was let down with the Thor tie-in. It....really didn't tie-in much at all.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wish Frakes had made a cameo too. Would've been cool. The second Trek alum to direct and episode.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanshotfirst113 View Post
    Wish Frakes had made a cameo too. Would've been cool. The second Trek alum to direct and episode.
    I wish he had played the professor. Unless this character was used elsewhere it would have been awesome to see Frakes have a new role again.
    TCG | Let's Sakuga: Discussing animation and the people who make it! | Dragon Ball Z 2015 Film