Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: "Thor: The Dark World" - Rate and Discuss!

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

1 14.29%
  • ****1/2

4 57.14%

1 14.29%
  • ***1/2

1 14.29%

0 0%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    the greenman is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    I think it's obvious which one ladies like me will be buying. Loki <3

Though I'm disturbed about this new "break the features up between retailers" tactic.
    I agree, diving up the special features is pretty strange and mischievous on the studio. I don't like that at all.

Hanshotfirst1138 is offline Singing drunken lullabies
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not this nonsense again! It's Star Trek: Into Darkness déjà vu! Well, I suppose they have to support the physical media market somehow.
    Not it will most likely do any good, but I encourage any interested parties to sign this petition.
    "
    What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one."
    Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey folks! This post is just a reminder that we have a separate talkback for the assorted home video releases of Thor: The Dark World! Click here to check it out!

CyclonatorZ is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My brother wanted to see the movie, so we rented it this weekend, and I was surprised that I liked it even more this time around than I did when I first saw it in theaters (and I liked it then as well). Sure, the villain of the week is one dimensional, the tone is kind of inconsistent, and so on and so forth... but I don't care! It was pure fun, and all the things that make Marvel movieverse films great (the acting, the art direction, the action, the humor, etc) were there in full force. Best of all, it builds on the themes of the first movie, especially that of magic being science we don't understand. We've had plenty of pure science fiction and fantasy films, but it's not nearly as common to see one in the genre of what I like to call "science-fantasy," where magic is the science of the universe and the science of the universe doesn't even pretend to be realistic. Whether its the Asgardian medical chamber or the dark elf black hole grenades, the whole film is filled with this kind of genre blending, and I love every minute of it.

So yeah, I'm really anticipating the third film, and if it hopefully is about Surtur, I can't wait to see how they envision Muspelheim. Bring on fire demons in space!

"Two thousand five hundred tons of awesome!" Dr. Newton Geiszler, accurately summing up Pacific Rim.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3