Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CoolEric158 is offline He's excited.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Am I the only one who loves how great Scully is as an obvious expository character?
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Ask Me Anything
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

The Penguin is offline Available for dirty jobs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Charges and Specs" Season Finale March 25, 2014

It's the season finale of Brooklyn Nine-Nine tonight at 9:30 p.m. ET on FOX. And we'll see you back here next season for season two!

"Charges and Specs" - Season Finale
    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 @ 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 CT on FOX
    JAKE IS FIRED FROM THE NYPD ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON FINALE OF "BROOKLYN NINE-NINE" TUESDAY, MARCH 25, ON FOX

Jake's investigation of philanthropic civic leader Lucas Wint (guest star Ian Roberts) is shut down by Commissioner Podalski (guest star James M. Connor). Still determined to crack the case, Jake enlists Amy and a reluctant Captain Holt to help him uncover more evidence, even if it means facing suspension. Meanwhile, Charles is devastated over pre-marital problems with Vivian, and Gina knows just how to cheer him up.
    "Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves." - Henry David Thoreau

CoolEric158 is offline He's excited.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I forgot about this thread. Anyway, might as well give my final thoughts this season:
    This series had a very strong start, and is probably my favorite new comedy this season. I was already in love with Andy Samberg and Terry Crews, so I already was excited to see it, and it didn't disappoint. What makes this work is all of these quirky characters being thrown. I loved Jake's manchild and lazy ways, as it is like looking in a mirror for me, Amy was funny as an overachiever, Boyle's awkwardness and femininity and Rosa's butch nature was hilarious, Gina's creepiness and delivery was always fun to see, Terry as an obsessed bodybuilder was funny, Hitchcock and Scully were terrific funny old guys, and Captain Holt was a perfect foil, and it is nice to see a gay character that doesn't act overtly feminine, unlike other shows (*cough*Modern Family*cough*).

But, there were issues. There were a lot of jokes that just didn't hit, whether it did gross-out jokes, or just weren't funny. And I don't like how they're going the "Will they, won't they?" route for Jake and Amy, and Boyle and Rosa (and speaking of Boyle, poor guy). And while it's not that bad since Samberg and Fumero have great chemistry together, it'll still be really annoying if they drag this out for many seasons. But this show still really impressed me, and I'm excited for Season 2 to see where Jake, Boyle, and the rest of the gang go.
    I'm that guy who looked at you funny yesterday! In case you were curious.
    My Twitter
    My Tumblr
    My Youtube Channel
    Ask Me Anything
    Also, head over to Cartoon Nation

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12