Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by thecoolone View Post
    Cable:
    - AMC cancels "Low Winter Sun"
    AMC really doesn't have that great of a batting average with it's original shows lately. I remember they started off really good with Mad Men and Breaking Bad then the Walking Dead not long after. I think the only miss at the time was Rubicon. But since TWD it's been shaky, Low Winter Sun, The Killing, Hell on Wheels is still around...I think, it was definitely on the verge of cancellation after the second season. And now Breaking Bad is gone and Mad Men is in the home stretch of its run( a long one as it's being spread out like BB last season ). Their non scripted shows are all terrible too, no wonder they dropped the Story matters here slogan.

Probably doesn't help that they have a sketchy reputation on how they deal with the various shows staff.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not a US series, but BBC has announced that Ripper Street will not be back for a third season, citing lower-than-expected ratings for the second season. This is disappointing. The first season was terrific, and I've been looking forward to the second all year. I think it's nearing the end of its run in the UK right now, so with the decision made just recently, I hope that doesn't mean the second season is going to end with the subplot (involving the main character's missing daughter) left unresolved.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

CoolEric158 is offline Remember who you are...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    AMC really doesn't have that great of a batting average with it's original shows lately. I remember they started off really good with Mad Men and Breaking Bad then the Walking Dead not long after. I think the only miss at the time was Rubicon. But since TWD it's been shaky, Low Winter Sun, The Killing, Hell on Wheels is still around...I think, it was definitely on the verge of cancellation after the second season. And now Breaking Bad is gone and Mad Men is in the home stretch of its run( a long one as it's being spread out like BB last season ). Their non scripted shows are all terrible too, no wonder they dropped the Story matters here slogan.

Probably doesn't help that they have a sketchy reputation on how they deal with the various shows staff.
    Hell on Wheels does have a third season airing this summer, and what do you mean a sketchy reputation with show staff?
    Thinking of something to write down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know the third season aired during the summer but it was near death after the second season which is why they "rang the bell" so to speak in that season's finale. Then they got a third with new show runners but I still haven't heard news on a fourth, unless I missed it. As for what I mean with AMC's shady dealings, I mean the fact that they like to slash budgets for all their shows after the first season( for the ones that got past a first ), constant fights/ firings of show runners, I think they low balled Breaking Bad around the fourth season, they held up money for Mad Men which led to the year and a half long break from that show's 4th and 5th season, and of course the revolving door of showrunners for the Walking Dead. A show so popular that each season has had a new show runner which explains why the show feels wonky if you watch every season.

It hasn't gone unnoticed either I remember the SOA creator twice has lambasted the network. Or Frank Darabont's scathing rant about how AMC treated him only shed more light.

EroSennin is offline The Frog Hermit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwall View Post
    I know the third season aired during the summer but it was near death after the second season which is why they "rang the bell" so to speak in that season's finale. Then they got a third with new show runners but I still haven't heard news on a fourth, unless I missed it.
    Hell on Wheels got renewed for a 4th season last month and will get 13 episodes instead of normal 10

AMC Renews 'Hell on Wheels' for Fourth Season
    "Winter is coming." "Bango Skank was here." "The enemy gate is down" "Death is lighter than a feather, duty heavier than a mountain."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah good to know. Common being mauled by a bear would have been a terrible way to end the show

thecoolone is offline Use as directed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cable:
    - Adult Swim renews "The Eric Andre Show" for 3rd season.
    - Comedy Central renews "Tosh.0" for 3 more years.
    - The upcoming 7th season of Showtime's "Californication" will be its' last.

--------------[tc1]--------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Broadcast:
    CBS's Survivor has been renewed for both a 29th and 30th season.

CW's Beauty and the Beast will be put on an indefinite hiatus. Basically, in the middle of March, new midseason show Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People will move in Hart of Dixie and BatB's slots, with the former moving to Fridays. Don't expect BatB season 3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)