Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Space Cadet is offline I'M SWEATING
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

The season finale aired tonight at 8:30 PM Eastern. The show will be back next season.

Episode 6.19 and 6.20: "Moving Up"

Leslie, Ben and Andy visit San Francisco for a National Parks Conference, and runs into First Lady Michelle Obama.

reflection is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That was a pretty amazing episode of Parks & Rec. I can't think of a comedy that has churned out such consistently great season finales.

I feel like this was probably the weakest season since Season 1, but that only means the shows were in the 8-9 range than perfect 10s like previous seasons. Looking back, some of the weaker points may have been necessary to help move the plot along to get to where things ended in the finale.

Very curious to see how they come out of the corner they painted themselves into with respect to current events 2017. She's working for the federal government in 2017 and we have no idea who the President is at the end of an episode in which she met the first lady. They could make up a president, I guess, but the show has always been grounded in the real world.

Peter Paltridge is offline It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    They clearly thought they were writing the last episode. NBC actually announced the show's renewal much earlier this year, so one would think they might've had time to reshoot a new ending, but I guess not.

I WANTED TO SEE LESLIE GIVE BIRTH. That should've been an entire episode next season! I feel robbed of that scene!

I'm ashamed to admit I don't know who over half of those musical acts are. Who was the blonde woman?
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Forget Five Nights At Freddys....can you survive even ONE night with this Misfit Christmas Special, so Misfit it never even AIRED? Plus a bonus Misfit in Claymation!

reflection is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is the first season they haven't been on the chopping block. This was planned from the beginning.

Matt Hazuda is offline Nerfariously planning
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    They clearly thought they were writing the last episode. NBC actually announced the show's renewal much earlier this year, so one would think they might've had time to reshoot a new ending, but I guess not.

I WANTED TO SEE LESLIE GIVE BIRTH. That should've been an entire episode next season! I feel robbed of that scene!
    I was a bit disappointed about that too. I was hoping we'd get to see all that at least next season if not now. Still was a fun episode. Truthfully, I did have no idea that the show was already renewed, so I was really happy to hear the "Come back next Fall" announcement after the episode ended. It's great that they were able to secure a new season (hopefully Community manages to get one more as well).

I'm ashamed to admit I don't know who over half of those musical acts are. Who was the blonde woman?
    The blonde woman was Kay Hanley, lead singer of the group Letters to Cleo. They had a huge hit in the 90s called "Here & Now" and if you recall, Ben loves 90s alternative music so this is why he was so excited by being on stage when they played.

Yup. It's a signature. Go away if you're expecting something interesting here.

Darklordavaitor is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy time jump!

According to Mike Schur, the next season will keep up with this switch and will be "gently sci-fi". This might be the kick in the pants that the show needs. ESPECIALLY if Joe Biden is the president here.

Neo Yi is online now Time, the everlasting fool
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Great episodes. Like Peter said, this definitely felt like a series finale (and they spared no expanses bringing out near every reoccurring character.) The three year gap caught me by surprise and I'm interested on seeing how it plays out. Parks and Recreation has been a consistently fun, entertaining show (granted, maybe I'm not one to talk as I actually binge-watched the first five seasons a while back, so I don't have the whole "watch one episode a week" for the past six years thing), so I'm not too worried on the possible gimmicky feel of it.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    Whimsically Tedious, I review Wakfu, season one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345