Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Rate and Comment on this Television Series!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll

1 9.09%
  • ****1/2

2 18.18%

5 45.45%
  • ***1/2

2 18.18%

1 9.09%
  • **1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    defunctzombie is offline Stalemate Resolution Associate
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Ah, I see. Thanks. I'll probably pick up the show when it hits the digital market, but that's the one thing I wanted to know right away. I knew they weren't killing him for real when I saw the movie.
    LATEST ARTICLE: Samurai Jack: Beyond Nostalgia
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    "Fooooooooooolish samurai!"
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My experiences in Japan as told by comics: my tumblr <3

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks. I'll probably pick up the show when it hits the digital market, but that's the one thing I wanted to know right away. I knew they weren't killing him for real when I saw the movie.
    You're welcome, defunct. But I think the story goes, for Avengers, the boss(es) told Whedon to kill off Coulson. And he was staying dead. But some time later, when the Whedon's were coming up with the pitch for this show, they figured out a way to bring him back. So it's not like it was planned way ahead that he was going to be resurrected or whatever it is that happened.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Gold Guy is online now This ain't Pokemon!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw the premiere last night. Really enjoyed it. I'll be following the show for sure, although I hope future episodes keep the momentum of the pilot.
    Random quote (changes once in a while)

"What could possibly be wrong with gaining knowledge and information?"
    - Izzy, Digimon
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/AnimeExBurst

ToDandy is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was a pretty solid start to the series. It was good but not great, but it definitely has enough to build on to become a strong show. I like the characters and each one seems to have a past worth exploring. Even Coulson, who we've known from the movies. I'm a little disappointed with their choice to go with a "freak of the weak" for the first show but I like how it connected back to the Extremis story in Iron Man 3.

Overall I can't wait to see where they go from here and I hope it only gets better.

Toddman is offline Hulk not good with words.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is anybody going to speculate on a possible hidden meaning in Coulson's return from the dead and his continual description of Tahiti as "magical"?

Toddman

The Old Maid is offline Voice in the wilderness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Coulson refers to Loki as the 'Asgardian Mussolini'
    Off-topic fun fact: Tom "Loki" Hiddleston is appearing this month in the PBS mini-series "The Hollow Crown" ... he plays Henry V, starting in the film "Henry IV."

Lola is revealed to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. Flying Car like in the comics. Howard Stark demonstrated the likely prototype at the World's Fair in Captain America: The First Avenger.
    Never read it. I saw Lola as Coulson's fanboy affection for the Doc Brown DeLorean of Back to the Future, particularly since Lola's wheels turned horizontally in the identical manner. Did Marvel get it from BttF, or did BttF get it from Marvel?
    Sponsor a child | Upper Room | "World's Finest" Bat-essays | Wertham's Ghost | Genealogy of Jesus |

My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind Left Behind and random reviews of other stuff

coluanprime is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Back to the Future got it from marvel, (the s.h.i.e.l.d. flying car was introduced in Strange Tales #159, August 1967 and BttF was in 1985
    "Despite all logic, my feelings for you short-lived, small-brained, foolish idiots are sufficient that I have chosen to spend my life among you, instead of on my own world where my intellect would be suitable honored... because you truly are my friends.
    Stop Sniffling"
    -Brainiac 5
    (Legion of Super Heroes, Vol 6, Issue 11, May 2011)

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defunctzombie View Post
    As Yojimbo said, I'm pretty sure his death was "for real" in the movie, it's just that Whedon found a way to bring him back, and the studio went for it.

My theory:

Spoiler:
    Coulson is an L.M.D. (Life Model Decoy). A robot substitute that SHIELD uses in the comics to serve as diversions.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Maid
    Never read it. I saw Lola as Coulson's fanboy affection for the Doc Brown DeLorean of Back to the Future, particularly since Lola's wheels turned horizontally in the identical manner. Did Marvel get it from BttF, or did BttF get it from Marvel?
    Marvel came up with it first (though flying cars have been around in science fiction forever). The SHIELD flying cars are probably a product of the Jim Steranko years back in the late 60s/early 70's. Jim Steranko actually posted his stern but fair review of the show just a couple nights ago. That article has a small bio of Steranko, if you're interested.

Yojimbo is offline R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    My theory:
    Spoiler:
    Coulson is an L.M.D. (Life Model Decoy). A robot substitute that SHIELD uses in the comics to serve as diversions.
    The producers shot that theory down already. In the comics, S.H.I.E.L.D. does have mind wiping tech at their disposal... but I don't see how they're going to build on this mystery when Coulson isn't the wiser that something is up unless Skye accidentally stumbles onto bread crumbs.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Sunnydee is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    The producers shot that theory down already. In the comics, S.H.I.E.L.D. does have mind wiping tech at their disposal... but I don't see how they're going to build on this mystery when Coulson isn't the wiser that something is up unless Skye accidentally stumbles onto bread crumbs.
    It seemed like Coulson did know that something was up. As Toddman mentioned, he keeps describing Tahiti as magical, but when Hill says she wouldn't last there and would be begging for a mission, he acts like he would want the same thing. I think he knows something is up.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Considering that Ear Loeb is involved with this show, you'd think he'd know better than to ignore the theory that Wonderfly referenced, which I also was thinking of, to tell you the truth. Loeb & Quesadilla as EP's on this show spells trouble, considering those two have already screwed up the cartoons.........!

Had to watch this On Demand a week late, since it's still baseball season, and I'll be looking for this week's ep OD as well. I have a review up on my blog (not my TZ blog, mind you), in case anyone wants to check out The Land of Whatever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2