Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Hub acquires the 90's Sitcom hit "Step by Step", and will debut October 7th!

Like This Thread!
    Well, it seems that The Hub has gotten their rights on on the 90's sitcom "Step by Step" coming to The Hub this October.. it seems that it will be gaining back with a new line-up.. though it now questions on what the line-up will look like from the look of it. And there could be more acquired shows from the look of it from this October! Sure it may be the same kind of genre, but it seems that the Fall line-up will finally debut.. though let's hope they don't overkill the girl-centric shows at least.. The Hub Network Acquires ’90s Sitcom “Step by Step” Starting October 7

HUBTigers87 is offline Sign Holder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ... my eyes widened up when I first saw this elsewhere. Hub Network... I love you

I watched this a lot when it was on ABC Family. Was on weekdays 2-3pm EST for the longest time. Took about 6-7 rotations to lose a steady watch.
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Let the bag out of the cat.

Goldstar Neo is offline I like the streaks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Another canceled sitcom. How underwhelming. I really wish that The Hub would expand it's night time library beyond sitcom reruns from the 70-90s. I understand that Hasbro doesn't have the money to spend on original PM programming as of yet, but there are other types of prime time programming besides sitcoms, you know.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just finally read the link and noticed it'll air weeknights (probably except for Friday) from 7-8pm EST, which comes as a surprise to me. One, because I wonder what will become of Animaniacs for the weeknight showings, two, because that's pretty early for the sitcom which does have it's occasional sexual references. I was expecting a 10pm half-hour airing, but I'll take 7-8pm
    Staying GOLD, Saturdays 11:30pm to 6:00am, only Toonami, on [as] | GO WINNING TEAM!

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, as far as the Fall rebrand is going.. i'm personally am loving the style to this, it almost feels like in a way that I would almost imagine it to be like. But really good on the more calming style to the style of it's season (like the Summer Pool Party in a way of being a really fun, and experienced style). But back on topic, It does question me on what the line-up will look like now (from the look of it, I think October might actually contain the "three" new acquisitions this time.. though i'm hoping that The Hub actually pulls on something really surprising to the line-up itself (and not being something like Pinky & The Brain, then 2 acquired shows.. but morely something that most might not know, considering that I think it's enough for the WB Silver Age shows at least (well, at least giving them time on til they kinda set their place). Since Step by Step was revealed early.. I think there might be another show that hasn't been revealed to be on the channel as we know.

dth1971 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Next thing you know the Hub could acquire the rights to "Family Matters" or "Full House" or "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" or "The Hogan Family".

zoombie is online now Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, I love it, but still it is no so much by hart, same thing with Full House. If they are going to bring us sitcoms, bring me Newhart.

Anyway Step By Step not a bad show. Of sitcoms with the mixed family premese, it is one of the best. Not to mention it was a nice turn around for Patrick Duffy to go right from Dallas to a family sitcom.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is good news for fans of the show, for me, it's a solid "eh". Beyond a few bits and pieces, I never really watched Step by Step, as I typically avoided most of the TGIF shows except for Muppets Tonight and a few episodes of Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Just wasn't my thing.

I also would like to see more than just defunct 70's through 90's sitcoms on The Hub prime time; Hub PM screams 'wasted potential' to me but obviously the retro sitcoms are working for Hub since the channel keeps acquiring more of them, so I can't really argue with success, I suppose, but even to be retro, Hub nights seem to be seriously lacking in variety. Why not retro action/adventure like Knight Rider, The Greatest American Hero or The Powers of Matthew Star? Why not retro sketch/variety like Carol Burnett and Friends, The Red Green Show or SCTV? Why not retro hidden camera prank shows like Candid Camera or TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes? Heck, even Lancelot Link or some of the old Krofft shows might be fun for a little retro-cheese.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Among sitcoms the Hub will acquire in the future, I'd hope it's among those that haven't played in a period of time that haven't already been on a channel or 2 for a number of years, and that it's already not playing on a channel people get easily get if they don't have Hub. While Fresh Prince can be an option, right now, TBS has aired it for a while and will still be airing it 3-4x weekday mornings, and ABC Family also airs it weeknights at midnight. I'd prefer Hub Network picking up something not playing on a channel we already get, just for the sake of variety, and it being the only place to see it so that it doesn't stale out as quick.